Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The DLC is soooo sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the upper cathedral ward may be the best secret area in a video game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im also doing chalice dungeons for the first time and was completely floored when i went through a boss door and fought a normal loving pig

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SM64Guy posted:

im also doing chalice dungeons for the first time and was completely floored when i went through a boss door and fought a normal loving pig

that pig is insanely deadly in deep chalices

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

That's the funniest boss in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the upper cathedral ward may be the best secret area in a video game

smouldering lake imo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

That's the funniest boss in the game

i kept expecting some kind of new trick so i was cautious then i creamed him when i realized he was a normal pig

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chalice dungeons have a few normal enemy bosses but the pig is the winner

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

i kept expecting some kind of new trick so i was cautious then i creamed him when i realized he was a normal pig

i feel like he has one or two different moves, and slightly more aggressive AI, but yeah, he's not that hard

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm the jerk who gets crushed by his telegraphed body slam

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Harrow posted:

Chalice dungeons have a few normal enemy bosses but the pig is the winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUacrPcCcKw

id like to point out that this fight was in a cursed/fetid/rotted depth 5 dungeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUacrPcCcKw

id like to point out that this fight was in a cursed/fetid/rotted depth 5 dungeon

Lol

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
God I love the blood effects

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

God I love the blood effects

if blood hits a floor message then the messengers will have bloodstains on their hats :-D

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's such a robbery that you can see the blood effects in ds3 when you slash mobs but you don't get covered in it. And the riposte blood effect looks really bad

Omg I forgot you can Sprint for loving ever in this game

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 7, 2016

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

It's such a robbery that you can see the blood effects in ds3 when you slash mobs but you don't get covered in it. And the riposte blood effect looks really bad

Omg I forgot you can Sprint for loving ever in this game

you do get covered in it , its just grey cus its ash

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If it ain't glistening its nothing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wots a good bloodting or skill + bloodtinge build i wanna try some blt weapons hurry

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

wots a good bloodting or skill + bloodtinge build i wanna try some blt weapons hurry

30 bt and 25 skill. or 40 and 40 would obviously be better. but get skill before bloodtinge cos you have to play without the chikage or bloodletter or whatever for a while before you get them.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i did like 14 str, 30 skl, 35blt. rushed the chikage asap (fighting logarius underleveled is c00l) and used that until i could get the bloodletter from the dlc. i dont really like using guns to do damage but im sure the pistol and the evelyn get pretty powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would use guns to finish off bosses sometimes which felt dirty. At high blt Evelyn can do like 200 damage a shot

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i always use the blunderbuss cos it interrupts casts. i only recently found out that the damage is calculated as 1 bullet, so even though it says like 20 dmg when you shoot something with it its actually like 200+ depending on how many pellets hit it. anyway the evelyn is actually pretty bad for parrying hunters or players cos the barrel is so long that you can shoot over their heads when theyre close

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Being robbed of a visceral attack because they died from the bullet is no fun

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
I think the rifles are easier to parry with, but I'm sure good players can deal with either timing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Being robbed of a visceral attack because they died from the bullet is no fun

I've definitely seen the game let you visceral somebody even if they're already dead which is satisfying

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i also choose the blunderbuss because the hunter's pistol looks like something a talking cat would trade to Guybrush Threepwood in return for a pot of glue

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

i also choose the blunderbuss because the hunter's pistol looks like something a talking cat would trade to Guybrush Threepwood in return for a pot of glue

lmao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Real hunters use the piercing rifle

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Real hunters use the piercing rifle

i used this for a while but viscerals are a lot harder to pull off when your movement is delayed after the shot

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just use the hunters pistol :shrug:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

the blunderbuss rules and i always take it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if people have frame data on the different side arms yet

fighting game things

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

vicar amelia is kind of obnoxious when i'm only doing 90 damage per hit with my fire cane :sigh:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I've definitely seen the game let you visceral somebody even if they're already dead which is satisfying

it's sort of cool when you miss the timing on getting the visceral and they just collapse like a bag of mashed potatoes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

vicar amelia is kind of obnoxious when i'm only doing 90 damage per hit with my fire cane :sigh:

are you using the whip form

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the last time i fought her with the cane she didnt get to do a single attack

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

are you using the whip form

i beat her my 2nd try whew.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

logarius is tuff to solo at level 38 yall ;-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
man, logarius is a great boss. dodging him and parrying him is so much fun.