Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think y'all missed the Allred LOSH news back there.

Wait...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Teenage is referring to the Batman '66 and LOSH crossover. It looks like it will be the original young legion too.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Roth posted:

Oh Gotham Academy is ending soon since the next arc is apparently the final story arc.

Not surprised, but still disappointing.
It lasted way longer than I think anyone expected it to, so I'm sad but not upset. From what I read online, looks like they're going to cap it off the way they want to. Hope Olive and Maps make some appearances across other books - I know the more young-adulted slanted batbooks liked inserting them wherever they could.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think y'all missed the Allred LOSH news back there.

:swoon:

I will read and enjoy this.

Endless Mike posted:

Not even Allred can get me to care about Legion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIyphGp0Vc

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/852618846007701508

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/status/852349559519027200

Ouch.

edit: Didn't notice it's a few weeks old. It's being drug up now right before a new writer is taking over.
Obviously it didn't resolve his way, but I'm fine if it means we can get some angst-free Lana superhero action before the comic goes away.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 15, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wonder why Superwoman gets erased because of Superman Reborn and New Super-Man doesn't since they basically share the same origin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I wonder why Superwoman gets erased because of Superman Reborn and New Super-Man doesn't since they basically share the same origin.

Probably because of the heavy 2nd Lois connection.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Open Marriage Night posted:

Tom King's New Gods is the most exciting thing I've heard of in post-Morrison DC. Possibly related; I just ordered Omega Men.

I thought Sheriff of Babylon was quite good, so I'm down for another series by that team. I don't know anything about New Gods though. Can't say that the teaser image particularly piques my interest, but I've hated art styles at first and then grown to love it by the end of the book and Gerads' Iraq was a very atmospheric place.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's never a bad time to start reading Jack Kirby comics.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Especially if it's Devil Dinosaur

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Other than the Lois Lane thing like Rhyno said, I think in general there was fan backlash at how people bought a book thinking they'd be getting Lois Lane as a superhero and then turns out Lana is actually the star of it.

And y'know this isn't the harsh on Lana Lang, but fact is all the promotion for this book spotlighted Lois and not her. You didn't even know they would be co-stars until picking up the first issue and now suddenly the whole book is about Lana. I spoke about this before but I think that's kind of a dick move.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Roth posted:

Especially if it's Devil Dinosaur

Yeah or his Losers run

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Would Lois do superhero poo poo if she got superpowers? I actually imagine her just using it to facilitate her journalism, which can be as important as superheroism (assuming you're not a superhero who's stopping apocalypses on a weekly basis, anyway). I don't read Superman religiously and no doubt the characterisation varies a lot, but I've always thought her significance as a leading informer of the public consciousness and her dedication to that made her one of the best reliably good supporting characters, taking her out of Superman's shadow. Come to think of it, Lois with Ultimate Black Widow or JC Denton esque superpowers doing espionage poo poo could be sick.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Well, she just did regular Superman type stuff for the one Superwoman issue.

She's at least used a sci-fi race changing machine for journalistic purposes in the 70's :D

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 16, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really want to see Lois Lane: Super-Reporter now. That would be a cool take on the character

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I actually can't remember...did Kong Kenan get his powers specifically from Superbro's death, or were they from earlier experiments that Dr. Omen was performing with the solar flare energy? 'Cuz she did make a whole different New Super-Man before Kenan. If Kenan's powers come from those earlier experiments as opposed to the energy expelled at Superbro's time of death, then he's not quite the same as Lana. But I could be wrong.

Also New Super-Man is a good book you should read!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can't wait till they kick off the living yellow peril caricature storyline. I can't imagine the tone or look or any part of how that'll go.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Teenage Fansub posted:

I can't wait till they kick off the living yellow peril caricature storyline. I can't imagine the tone or look or any part of how that'll go.
Pretty sure it's already started? Or do you mean having it spill over into Superwoman or something?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't read the last issue, but unless he's in that, he's only been seen on that one full page image drawn exactly like the Detective Comics #1 cover.

edit: He's in the latest issue for a panel, but he's revealed to be a disguise, which bums me all the way out.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 17, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
In a recent interview, Scott Lobdell talked a bit about his work on the series and what we can expect from it in the future.

The most important things revealed were:

>Bizarro is going to have a face off with Solomon Grundy.

>The current Outlaws is going to have a face off with the N52 Outlaws at some point between issues 12 and 16. Seemingly the old Outlaws would be from an alternate Earth called the N52. Yeah.

>Lobdell plans to do a story with the outlaws going to E3 and meet the crime syndicate where they will go undercover. However he admits is not set in stone yet.

>He also talked about issue 9 and how this arc is personal for Artemis and Jason while put Bizarro in a situation to handle in his own

>Editorial loves the dynamic between Jason and Artemis and they're interested on pushing them as a couple but Lobdell is resisting since he doesn't believes it would be that interesting, mainly because it would be to easy to pair them up and he likes some drama ala Romeo and Juliet.

>Jason and Bizarro dynamic is based on the fact that Jason knows what it feels to be treated like "a monster"

>Lobdell's Bizarro is not stupid but merely someone with a bizarre thought process

>Lobdell's more interested on telling fun stories than on writing grounded, dramatic ones. So you can expect to have more weird adventures on multiple settings than just street level ones.

Pretty interesting to see how the whole RHATO vs RHATO pans out.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

>Lobdell plans to do a story with the outlaws going to E3 and meet the crime syndicate where they will go undercover.

Man, when I went to E3 in the late '90s, all I did was punk out on meeting Douglas Adams and gaze at John Romero's flowing locks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Man, when I went to E3 in the late '90s, all I did was punk out on meeting Douglas Adams and gaze at John Romero's flowing locks.

:golfclap:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, here's the Bizarro/Grundy match

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #12
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by CLAY MANN
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“THE LIFE OF BIZARRO” part one! Bizarro’s final days are upon us! As Red Hood and the Outlaws rush home to Gotham City in an effort to save Bizarro’s life, a new threat is unleashed in the form of Solomon Grundy! Can the Outlaws stop Grundy’s rampage without their most powerful member? Who unleashed the monster in the first place? And can Grundy defeated in time to save Bizarro from certain death? Find out in the start of a brand new adventure!
On sale JULY 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Also, the rest of the solicits

http://www.newsarama.com/34080-dc-comics-july-2017-solicitations.html?utm_source=notification

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

“THE LIFE OF BIZARRO”

Okay Red Hood might be stupid but that is a dumb gag I can get behind.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Dixon's Robin series worth reading? I noticed that the local used bookstore has a buttload of the trades for some reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fadam posted:

Is Dixon's Robin series worth reading? I noticed that the local used bookstore has a buttload of the trades for some reason.

It has it moments and it's before Dixon started hating the world and disappeared up his own rear end.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rhyno posted:

It has it moments and it's before Dixon started hating the world and disappeared up his own rear end.

Well, hot dog. I might go pick them up tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fadam posted:

Well, hot dog. I might go pick them up tomorrow.

There's a wonderful era when Dix was the go-to sidekick guy and was writing Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey and Green Arrow.

But yeah, he turned into a huge rear end in a top hat not too long after that.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What did he do?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fadam posted:

What did he do?

He has some pretty lovely opinions about women. WHen Deavin Greyson started her run on Titans she announced her intention to put DIck and Kori back together as a couple and Dixon wasn't having it and made some pretty lovely comments about Greyson, mostly based around her gender.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Him and Graham Nolan are both perpetually jumping on the cross about how hard it is to be a conservative in the comics industry, they can both just gently caress off

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Random question: I can't get it now but I want to get DKR off Comixology. But there's like, two or three versions to buy.

Is there any difference between the "30th Anniversary Edition" and the other TPB?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

fadam posted:

It is awesome sauce and pretty much the reason Drake is the best Robin.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Teen-Titans-Sale/page/14651?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
Obviously, New Teen Titans is classic, but I quite liked those Jeff Lemire Earth One volumes. Get'em cheap.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Aren't we probably getting new DC books announced this weekend at C2E2, Rhyno?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Aren't we probably getting new DC books announced this weekend at C2E2, Rhyno?

Supposedly quite a few.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Here's hoping for the Mad Mod and Ding Dong Daddy team up series by Tom King we've always wanted.

Quick, name the most obscure and dumb characters/teams they could announce for ongoings/minis!

Roth fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 19, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Mark Russell will relaunch Swing With Scooter eventually. I ain't worried about that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Button issue 1 worked.
King/Fabok for the main event, please.

edit: Tom has been practicing his nine panel grids after all.