Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Suave Fedora posted:

I'd consider packaging Forte and Powell for Doug.

I was going to say the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I dropped my kicker to add and hold Gillislee. To be honest I'm not even planning to start him this week even if Shady is dead (other usable RBs: Ware, Matt Jones)

I should re-add a kicker at some point, though. Who do you consider the best drop out of these?
Gillislee
Smallwood
Sproles

Leaning Sproles because there's just no loving way be becomes the lead back no matter how many injuries happen. He's fun every 3 weeks, but both tiny and old. I've held him all season and never once considered starting him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

I dropped my kicker to add and hold Gillislee. To be honest I'm not even planning to start him this week even if Shady is dead (other usable RBs: Ware, Matt Jones)

I should re-add a kicker at some point, though. Who do you consider the best drop out of these?
Gillislee
Smallwood
Sproles

Leaning Sproles because there's just no loving way be becomes the lead back no matter how many injuries happen. He's fun every 3 weeks, but both tiny and old. I've held him all season and never once considered starting him.

Sproles never gets enough work to be fantasy relevant. Go get a kicker.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Sproles has become a poor-man's Sproles.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Darren Sproles has exactly one role and it's to be in there for half the snaps for reasons and he never gets carries or targets

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Darren Sproles has exactly one role and it's to be in there for half the snaps for reasons and he never gets carries or targets

Its the implication.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Spoeank posted:

He's had some decent games, he is s fine fill in against teams that aren't the Broncos or the Vikings.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

He's had some decent games, he is s fine fill in against teams that aren't the Broncos or the Vikings.

He's had one game where he's scored more than single digits in standard. Dude is barely even a flex play.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ryan Mathews leads the Eagles RBs in opportunities

At 11.8 targets + rushes a game.

Why are you rostering the #2 to that stat.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

Sproles has become a poor-man's Sproles.

This is a persuasive and accurate argument

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

I'd consider packaging Forte and Powell for Doug.

How does that appeal to the guy with Doug?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have Doug but I'm worried about him staying healthy. I had Sims who is dead and picked up J Rodgers. The guy with Doug might be interested in Forte + Powell because the Jets suck and they're going to be running the ball a lot.

I am not a fantasy expert so :shrug:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
At this point, any Ware/JC combo owners pretty much have to sit on JC.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I actually managed to complete a trade!

Traded Devonta Freeman and Willie Snead and got CWoke and ARob. 0.5 PPR. Good deal, yes?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Half-PPR, both Dwayne Washington and Devontae Booker are available (Washington as FA, Booker clears waivers tomorrow morning). Which is a better flyer? I've got a bunch of RB3s (Mathews, Murray, Duke,Powell) but if I could luck out into an RB2 it would really help. I'm currently starting McKinnon and Coleman. I'd be dropping either Sammie Coates or more likely Michael Floyd.

So, is it Washington or Booker, or both? Drop Floyd or Coates?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is where salesmanship comes in.

- Doug has a potentially long-term soft tissue problem
- With Jacquizz emerging as a productive fill-in, there is a risk he can even lose RB1 status and become an RBa or worse
- he suffered a setback just yesterday
- Jets will lean on the run more with Geno
- Jets are a run-based offense

Forte has considerable name equity that you can leverage to your advantage.

Cmon Beer. Haven't you watched enough :smugdon: to learn how it's done ;-)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Dp

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

I actually managed to complete a trade!

Traded Devonta Freeman and Willie Snead and got CWoke and ARob. 0.5 PPR. Good deal, yes?

Yes but you should find Rawls as an insurance policy on this trade.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't think Rawls is worth a bench spot in most leagues anymore. Still "a couple weeks" from returning as of a few days ago. Certainly seems likely to get eased back in for a couple weeks when he does come back, and that's assuming Seattle gives him the chance to reclaim the starting job rather than rolling with CMike and letting Rawls be the backup. I dunno, I just don't really see the point in rostering a guy that, best case, will start producing in week 11 or 12, and more realistically, probably isn't going to get the job back (this year, at least).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

This is where salesmanship comes in.

- Doug has a potentially long-term soft tissue problem
- With Jacquizz emerging as a productive fill-in, there is a risk he can even lose RB1 status and become an RBa or worse
- he suffered a setback just yesterday
- Jets will lean on the run more with Geno
- Jets are a run-based offense

Forte has considerable name equity that you can leverage to your advantage.

Cmon Beer. Haven't you watched enough :smugdon: to learn how it's done ;-)

Counter: Forte is old, Jets suck, and it could be a RBBC hell.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I am thinking of offering Jordan Matthews, Jordan Reed, and Mike Gillislee for Julio Jones. The Julio owner has McCoy. Is that reasonable in half PPR?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am thinking of offering Jordan Matthews, Jordan Reed, and Mike Gillislee for Julio Jones. The Julio owner has McCoy. Is that reasonable in half PPR?

I would laugh at you. Nobody wants 3 for ones unless their team is hosed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also thinking of something like Tyrell Williams and Gillislee for Pryor. Not sure how much I like that if Coleman comes back.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I would laugh at you. Nobody wants 3 for ones unless their team is hosed.

Marvin Jones and Jordan Matthews for Julio?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Marvin Jones and Jordan Matthews for Julio?

That one would make me think.

e: if my wr2 was iffy, anyway

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehh I'd get kinda offended. I'd want a top 10 WR in return plus a quality player. Julio has the potential to be the undisputed WR1 this year since Roethlisberger went down.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Argh, Reshad Jones hit IR. My third-highest scorer on my dynasty team (after andy dalton and greg olsen). :negative:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Leperflesh posted:

Argh, Reshad Jones hit IR. My third-highest scorer on my dynasty team (after andy dalton and greg olsen). :negative:

Bleh never mind, I was thinking Reshad Jennings.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah he's an IDP guy, but it's worth noting for anyone who has the Dolphins D/ST (LOL WHY) and also anyone who has an offensive player going up against Miami, because Reshad Jones is the best player on the Miami Dolphins, and he's on IR now. (Yes, he's better than Jarvis Landry, hush.)

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah he's an IDP guy, but it's worth noting for anyone who has the Dolphins D/ST (LOL WHY) and also anyone who has an offensive player going up against Miami, because Reshad Jones is the best player on the Miami Dolphins, and he's on IR now. (Yes, he's better than Jarvis Landry, hush.)

Cameron Wake.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In my league, Reshad Jones is the #3 scoring defensive back, behind Tony Jefferson and Landon Collins. And that's despite a rough week 3 against the Pats.

Cameron Wake is coming off a torn achilles so maybe he will be good eventually, but this year he's been completely unusable. And last year he had exactly two big games, one OK game, and otherwise didn't play or didn't score any fantasy points the rest of the year.

In 2014 he was the #17 defensive lineman in fantasy.

Reshad Jones in 2015 was the #1 defensive back, scoring an average of over 18.5 points per game, which was also the most points per game played of all defensive backs in the NFL.

In 2014, Jones' average fantasy points in my league in games he played (he missed games 1-4) was just under 14 points, which would put him fifth among all defensive backs in the NFL.

I submit to you that Reshad Jones > Cameron Wake, and it's not even close.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

In my league, Reshad Jones is the #3 scoring defensive back, behind Tony Jefferson and Landon Collins. And that's despite a rough week 3 against the Pats.

Cameron Wake is coming off a torn achilles so maybe he will be good eventually, but this year he's been completely unusable. And last year he had exactly two big games, one OK game, and otherwise didn't play or didn't score any fantasy points the rest of the year.

In 2014 he was the #17 defensive lineman in fantasy.

Reshad Jones in 2015 was the #1 defensive back, scoring an average of over 18.5 points per game, which was also the most points per game played of all defensive backs in the NFL.

In 2014, Jones' average fantasy points in my league in games he played (he missed games 1-4) was just under 14 points, which would put him fifth among all defensive backs in the NFL.

I submit to you that Reshad Jones > Cameron Wake, and it's not even close.

Just want to add the caveat that all your rankings depend a ton on settings. A league with 1 pt per tackle and 6 per int is going to value Jones differently than one that is 2 pt per tackle and 2 per int.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Half PPR

My Ware and Landry for his Gronk. I'd be replacing Landry in myineup with Marvin Jones, and right now I'm starting Zach Miller at TE with no better prospects.

Replacing Ware would be trickier, but I've got options.

Edit: this is a 1 RB/1 WR/1 TE/ 2 Flex spot setup

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Just want to add the caveat that all your rankings depend a ton on settings. A league with 1 pt per tackle and 6 per int is going to value Jones differently than one that is 2 pt per tackle and 2 per int.

Yeah that's a fair point. This is my league's IDP scoring:

Solo Tackles - 1.5 points
Assisted Tackles – .75 points
Sacks – 4 points
Tackles for a Loss – 3 points
Interceptions – 6 points
Passes Defensed – 3 points
Forced Fumbles – 4 points
Fumble Recoveries – 3 points
Safeties – 6 points
Blocked Kicks – 6 points
Touchdowns – 6 points

with this scoring, there's about a dozen linebackers that lead, followed by a general mix of LBs and DBs. But I was careful to just compare DLs to other DLs and DBs to other DBs above, which should even out scoring differences a lot. DLs mostly get tackles and TFLs with the occasional sack; DBs get fewer tackles and rarely get a sack but they get a lot more passes defensed and interceptions. Etc.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 22, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Her other WRs are Alshon Jeffery, Michael Thomas, and Terrell Pryor.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Doltos posted:

Ehh I'd get kinda offended. I'd want a top 10 WR in return plus a quality player. Julio has the potential to be the undisputed WR1 this year since Roethlisberger went down.

I believe in Landry Jones.

I mean its all I can do at this point no matter how dumb.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Looks like trading Marvin Jones and Tyrell Williams for Amari Cooper is a go.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Santheb posted:

Half PPR

My Ware and Landry for his Gronk. I'd be replacing Landry in myineup with Marvin Jones, and right now I'm starting Zach Miller at TE with no better prospects.

Replacing Ware would be trickier, but I've got options.

Edit: this is a 1 RB/1 WR/1 TE/ 2 Flex spot setup

Hell no, I wouldn't trade for Gronk especially with Bennet. Everyone's TE sucks just ignore it and find good waiver pickups. Those two have been better this season than Gronk has.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Hell no, I wouldn't trade for Gronk especially with Bennet. Everyone's TE sucks just ignore it and find good waiver pickups. Those two have been better this season than Gronk has.

Err, healthy Gronk with Brady is 12-270-1 across two games. Not sure I'd do that trade either, but Gronk is going to reclaim his TE#1 spot above Olsen shortly, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Brandon Marshall vs. BAL (Juicy matchup, but who knows with Geno? Although Geno also locks into Marshall much like Fitz does)
Frank Gore vs. TEN

or

Our Lord & Savior Mike Gillisle vs. whoeverdoesntmatter?

Jordy dropped the turd that he did and now I feel like I have to overcompensate by potentially not playing Marshall. I want to play Gillisle, but I can't fit him into my RB lineup (Ware/Rodgers), only my Flex, but it would have to be over Marshall.

• Locked thread