Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Westworld was great, Anthony Hopkins was great.

Anthony Hopkins is an excellent actor, it's unfortunate that his talents were put towards a go-nowhere mystery about boring robots in a setting so implausible it collapses the second you think about it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Relin posted:

i can forgive some of it, because TV has things like the ridiculous timeline reveal in west world with actors that look nooooooooooothing alike

But that reveal actually just kind of made sense?

I don't know, seemed pretty well set up and predictable if you ask me.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I have never seen an HBO show I haven't loved, I think if you dislike any HBO shows you're a tasteless twerp.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tezzora posted:

Anthony Hopkins is an excellent actor, it's unfortunate that his talents were put towards a go-nowhere mystery about boring robots in a setting so implausible it collapses the second you think about it at all

Lol you sound fun to watch tv with

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

I have never seen an HBO show I haven't loved, I think if you dislike any HBO shows you're a tasteless twerp.

let me tell you about a show called Girls

HBO also has lots of garbage shows, just nobody talks about them.

Remember loving VINYL??? what a pile of poo poo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ok I forgot about Girls lol I retract my previous statement

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Game of Thrones is poo poo.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I'm not really into Vice Principals after a few eps

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

a bone to pick loves Entourage and thinks you're a tasteless twerp if you don't also love Entourage

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

Ok I forgot about Girls lol I retract my previous statement

You also forgot about Arli$$

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

a bone to pick loves Entourage and thinks you're a tasteless twerp if you don't also love Entourage

Yes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

boys sex in the city was a good show with funny characters and irl actors playing exaggerated versions of themselves

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Westworld was great, Anthony Hopkins was great.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If I wanted to watch a bunch of idiots pretending to be cowboys while raping each other I'd move to Alberta

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The night of was not very good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Baronjutter posted:

If I wanted to watch a bunch of idiots pretending to be cowboys while raping each other I'd move to Alberta

Stampede week owns

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i love sci fi and i thought the night of was better than west world. though west world was still ok

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tezzora posted:

a go-nowhere mystery about boring robots in a setting so implausible it collapses the second you think about it at all

loving A, tell us how you really feel.

Also lmao at calling Season 1 of a planned multi-season show a "go-nowhere mystery."

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Tezzora posted:

They were really faithful to the movie, then.

The guns had a safety on them where they wouldn't fire at anything warm blooded. This implies that all the fuckbots were cold. All the men waggling their huge bushy 70's eyebrows at each other on the plane ride there are looking for the most immersive prostitution experience and they're gonna get cold robots. Maybe that's the appeal and they're all extra-grossmen whose faces are up on the wall at the morgue saying check-bounced, don't admit.

Anyway so Yul Brynner goes bad and starts shooting the guests. With the guns that aren't supposed to fire at anything warm blooded. They do now. Forget that earlier part. The robot is bad, he has free will now, so he can shoot people with the gun that a human was unable to use on another human just thirty minutes ago.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

boner confessor posted:

jay is the bouquet :cabot:

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
He's about to get shot! Please get invested in the fate of this character!! Note: we establish several times an episode that this character is not human, has no inherent personality, no family, cannot die, and getting shot is at best an inconvenience, mostly to maintenance workers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
u can tell someone is a greasy thinning-hair ponytail having fishing-vest wearing furure rascal scooter customer if they think westworld was poo poo or perfect, its a perfect litmus test.

u can also tell if someone is buff and handsome/ and etc if they think it was p good. coulda been cooler but... yeah pretty alright. the good mix is right in the middle or else ur scum.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Looking forward to samurai world!!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

since im on the internet i just want to say that west world was the most ok show of all time. i am incredibly mildy pleased to have viewed the most ok show ever

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

u can tell someone is a greasy thinning-hair ponytail having fishing-vest wearing furure rascal scooter customer if they think westworld was poo poo or perfect, its a perfect litmus test.

u can also tell if someone is buff and handsome/ and etc if they think it was p good. coulda been cooler but... yeah pretty alright. the good mix is right in the middle or else ur scum.

I have mixed feelings about Westworld

:wink:

naem
May 29, 2011

I like the part with the sex laidies

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/BevisSimpson/status/803058350028046336

Tezzora
Feb 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
that wouldn't be a programmer's job, more of a maintenance worker's job to smear a bit of poop substitute on the robot's grundle. one day he gets lazy and uses real poop and now the robots have the weapon to weaken us

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Rich Evans is the great shining nerd example that shows that even the fattest and baldest of grognards can land themselves a fat wife

I bet Rich is a happy man.

Sexually.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

naem posted:

I like the part with the sex laidies

The sexy black British lady was such a sexy black British lady.

naem
May 29, 2011

powerful sex moves posted:

The sexy black British lady was such a sexy black British lady.

:agreed: and the other lady is also v sexual

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Baronjutter posted:

:mcnabb:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
speaking of insufferable nerd android poo poo the first 5 mins of GITS is on youtube and u see everything

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bring back old gbs posted:

speaking of insufferable nerd android poo poo the first 5 mins of GITS is on youtube and u see everything

Its so dense, every single image has so many things going on.

actually I kinda liked it lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She looks weird naked. Like, not robotic, I mean.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

priznat posted:

Agreed. I can't even remember the last American comedy I really loved. Probably Stepbrothers, an opinion that is no doubt divisive.

Damsels in Distress I think is mine. I can't believe I can't think of good American comedy released since 2012.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

at the date posted:

Damsels in Distress I think is mine. I can't believe I can't think of good American comedy released since 2012.

Deadpool.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

at the date posted:

grand budapest hotel

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

I thought "Everybody Wants Some!!" was really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

at the date posted:

Batman V Superman made me laugh harder than any comedy in the past decade

• Locked thread