Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
probably should've scrubbed out references to "upcoming expansions" then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
here's 160 points of bretonnian warmaster. minis are from forest dragon

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
That's so beautiful that I want to hate you but you legit have my admiration.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I'm trying to paint these Empire 10mm figures and they're very hard! They have very little defined detail, at least on the infantry. I'm amazed how much visual information you manage to cram into such a small scale. Maybe the cavalry will be a bit easier to work with!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Are you painting metal minis or 3D printed ones?

I'm not using contrast paints, but contrast paints can be very, very good on these tiny miniatures.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Are you painting metal minis or 3D printed ones?

I'm not using contrast paints, but contrast paints can be very, very good on these tiny miniatures.

3D printed from this guy on Thingiverse.

I used some contrast paints but found they came out relatively flat. Maybe my white wasn't as bright as it could be, but I'll have to give them another shot, at least for the ranks after the first.

Here's what I've got so far. The front rank is "done" and the rest are going to be repainted to match the color scheme. I also need to base them but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that. I plan to buy some plasticard later today and cut out my own 1mm thick bases and then do some natural basing to call them done.

What size are hero bases by the way?

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 7, 2021

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Those troopers look really good!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Verisimilidude posted:

What size are hero bases by the way?
20-25mmish, a big coin, washer, or one of the Renendra flat rounds work.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Robert Facepalmer posted:

20-25mmish, a big coin, washer, or one of the Renendra flat rounds work.

I have 1inch wooden rounds, would those work?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Verisimilidude posted:

So larger bases work with heroes, but you'd need to figure out which point you're measuring from when it comes to issuing commands, and communicate that to your opponent when you start a game.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

They sold all the ones they wanted, and if that number is high enough there is no reason to spend the money doing it again. Really, it is super obvious it is likely down to them not wanting to waste resources printing the non-minis parts of it. Who knows what those factories are making right now for them!

The main thing we don't know is how badly BSF expansions did. If they looked at those numbers and then at Cursed City, maybe making a side product to a side product doesn't make as much sense as just tossing those minis in the next AoS Army Book and calling it a day.

Bonus points given if the reason turns out to be BSF expansions that sold poorly because they depended on other expansions - which GW didn't keep in print.

That said, my money's on supply chain rather than a contemplated decision to not make money on something with huge demand. Rising prices to get the non-miniatures parts of the box printed will cut GW's margins too much, but they don't want to do a second release at a higher price? Or, more likely, they have their contractors turning out monstrous amounts of the new AoS starter box which they'll announce on the last day of fan-fest but they want to keep pretending it's a surprise.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Some patt of me is hoping AoS3.0 launches with Tomb Kings vs Brettonians just to tank the secondary market.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Verisimilidude posted:

Up to and including 25mm is fine to measure from the hero base edge. Anything over and you have to choose a point to measure from.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

moths posted:

Some patt of me is hoping AoS3.0 launches with Tomb Kings vs Brettonians just to tank the secondary market.

I was actually going to say unironically that I'd buy any starter they put out that doesn't have fantasy Space Marines Stormcast as one of the factions.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

If someone would want to start with Adeptus Titanicus... What box(es) should they pick up first?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Precept Maniple Battleforce box which has a Warlord, a Warbringer, a Reaver, and two Warhounds. That's enough to cover a decent sized force with different options for which maniple you field. And is heavily discounted. The Adeptus Titanicus Accessories sprue for various markers and the fire arc templates. The rulebook. And probably some weapon card packs.

They used to do a box with the book, accessories, and some cards in but I think that was discontinued in favour of the individual items.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
so what are the odds on a space hulk surprise reprint annoucement tomorrow

lie to me

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

If someone would want to start with Adeptus Titanicus... What box(es) should they pick up first?

The "The Horus Heresy" box is pretty good. It comes with 2 Reavers, 2 Warhounds, 2 Cerastus Knight Lancers, the rulebook, plastic tokens and assets, templates, dice, and some cards. It's temporarily out of stock at GW webstore, but that's okay, since other shops have it a lot cheaper.
Then I'd grab a Warlord as well, so you have a big guy to have fun with. Then I'd get the Precept box and some knights, because I love this game.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

so what are the odds on a space hulk surprise reprint annoucement tomorrow

lie to me

Feels more like a Christmas surprise really. Which is when I think they did the last reprinting of it like 4 years ago.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Hell yeah, still kicking arse.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So what's the over/under on how long it'll take for the Necromunda starter to get sold-out?

Count-down to Necromunda being scrubbed from the Boxed Game section. :f5h::ohdear:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Since Andy is such a turbo-homer for Necromunda, I’d expect it to outlive everything else in boxed games.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Um Necromunda is super popular

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Necromunda has had three starter boxes, it's not endangered.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the Necromunda box is gonna be a more permanent thing and not a Cursed City memory hole? Might hold off on it then

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So the Necromunda box is gonna be a more permanent thing and not a Cursed City memory hole? Might hold off on it then

That's the idea, but with their supply issues who knows

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RIP in peace Cursed City, I'm assuming if they didn't say anything all week they literally are going to loving pretend it never existed. Extremely lovely way to address this, I do not understand what the gently caress happened there.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Working on these free 3d printed Empire Warmaster knights. The sculpt on these is super weird, and the back horse actually clips into the front horse's rear end

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
It is well known the Bretonians used horse centipede techniques to save on feed.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

DLC Inc posted:

RIP in peace Cursed City, I'm assuming if they didn't say anything all week they literally are going to loving pretend it never existed. Extremely lovely way to address this, I do not understand what the gently caress happened there.

Rest In Peace in peace?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Crackbone posted:

Rest In Peace in peace?

Rest In Piss in peace

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Out of interest would it be bad form to field and entire Necromunda gang of 3rd party minis? Because the raging heroes minis are all ripe for an amazing Escher gang.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

If you can still tell what weapons they are welding I say go nuts.

radlum
May 13, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

To go from "extremely excited to announce a new game" to pretend that it never happened is probably the thing that annoys me the most.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Out of interest would it be bad form to field and entire Necromunda gang of 3rd party minis? Because the raging heroes minis are all ripe for an amazing Escher gang.

At the end of the day, minis are playing pieces, and readability is what counts - dishwasherlove mentions it above and they're right - can I tell what your model is supposed to be at a glance? Then yeah, go nuts.

It also should be based correctly ideally, I guess. Necromunda isn't a hyper competitive game overall but if the 3rd party minis are about the same size and I can tell what they're equipped with then yeah!

Instant edit: official GW stores are understandably not cool with 3rd party minis so this advice doesn't work in that setting

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Crackbone posted:

Rest In Peace in peace?

:thejoke:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Cursed City, gone but not forgotten.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Do you really need to be jerking off at the game table?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Booley posted:

Do you really need to be jerking off at the game table?

Aw, don't be mean - there's cheese models in there 10000% but there's lots of cool sculpts too.

Necromunda lends itself well to diversity on the tabletop, too - there's nothing *punk about everything looking the same.

I gotta take photos, but I've unearthed a bunch of pewter Delaque stuff - I gotta find someone who's buying that new starter kit to sell me the rulebook for the current edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
is there a way to get Warhammer Underworlds Card Sets? I'm trying to get Spiteclaw's swarm, I managed to get all of the cards EXCEPT for the fighter's cards, which comes off to me as insane, obviously I would want those cards....

Regardless. Where can I gettum if at all possible?