Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Peggy would spend all day on Nextdoor.

I feel like she would have multiple accounts so she wouldn't have to limit herself to her own neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Iron Crowned posted:

I can totally see Hank running a podcast about Propane and Propane accessories out of his garage.

Real talk here. A few years ago, a cottaging magazine had a big article about propane in it, and as I was reading it in my head, I read the entire thing in Hank Hill's voice.

I didn't even think about it either, I just subconsciously started reading it in his voice.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If i was mike judge id make a killing just voicing Hank for every propane and natural gas safety videos

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Head to toe, you're good to go.

Feet to head, everyone's dead.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

shame on an IGA posted:

I thank God every day that I didn't get esploded

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Smells funny and doesn't have a vending machine

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

peggy signs up to make onlyfans content for fans of her writing, attracts fans of her large feet. retread of a previous story, but it'll be a good one, i swear

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This new planer really does the trick, huh Ladybird?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

I always wondered about this one. Is this real? What's the idea behind this one? Increasing the chances you notice that you had accidentally twisted a valve?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I don't know about the actual danger, but iirc there is a reason to go top down

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The scene where Hank uses a leveler to gauge whether the used leveler he just bought accurately levels

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I use that to teach my daughter how to approach cats

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I use that to teach my daughter how to approach cats

not a very cat friendly show unforuntalte y

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

not a very cat friendly show unforuntalte y

Head to tail
Never fail
Tail to head
You'll end up dead.

Good advice.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"Luanne, you and I have a secret that we must take to our graves."

"Are you threatening to kill me, Uncle Hank?"

"... of course not."

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Bobby, now a successful prop comic, gets metoo'ed when video surfaces of him at a christmas party drunkenly forcing himself on respected anchorwoman Nancy Hicks Gribble Redcorn Mangione.

https://i.imgur.com/f4AdEiN.mp4

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PinheadSlim posted:

"Luanne, you and I have a secret that we must take to our graves."

"Are you threatening to kill me, Uncle Hank?"

"... of course not."

What is this from? Tornado trailer episode?

I can hear their voices perfectly.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Not his underwear

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think the dolphin confrontation

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hank: Luanne, please go home before I tell you you're acting like an idiot and make you cry.

All right, I gave you fair warning. Luanne, you're acting like an idiot.

Luanne: *crying* Oh, no! Oh, Uncle Hank!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Eee-yaa! Power to the people, Comrade!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Woo loo loo, Wematanye, woo loo loo!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nancy, dear, your smoke-ravaged face is making me nauseous. Would you mind putting this bag over your head so I can make love to you?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tears of an Inflatable Clown is a bad episode.

But it's followed by The Minh Who Knew Too Much.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tears of an Inflatable Clown is a bad episode.

I think that's easily the worst episode in the entire show's run. So generic and predictable. Late series KOTH strawman episode #34

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Woo loo loo, Wematanye, woo loo loo!

I like how you say everything's sacred. That's funny too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was thinking, now that we're getting a revival, they should also look back. Maybe the time for this kind of show has passed, but in my head, I've been workshopping an idea for a live action King of the Hill prequel. It would take place in a span of time between the 1960s and end in the early 80s. It would be a crime drama chronicling the rise of a young Arlen businessman. It would be called Buck.

In the final episode, Strickland accidentally spills a bunch of BBQ sauce on his pants at Sugarfoots and it ends with him driving to the mall to buy a new pair at Jeans West.

Edit: But who would play Strickland? The Breaking Bad inspiration puts Jesse Plemons to my mind.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 26, 2022

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Stephen Root voiced the guy, and is an incredible character actor. He could totally pull off playing irl Buck.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He'd be good for the final season but they'd need to get someone younger for the early season that takes place in the 1960s.

Who would play Buck's loyal first propane employee, Thatherton?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A young Buck Strickland, played by Timothee Chalamet, comes back from the Korean War with his best buddy, Milton Thatherton, played by Finn Wolfhard. They both get jobs with a local fuels magnate, Big Tex, played by Stephen Root. The cutthroat, aging, childless kingpin sees both young men as potential successors to his business empire, and plays them off each other. Each engage in a series of actions that will test their morality and friendship as they spiral down into a sticky morass of sin and criminality among the backdrop of Eisenhower-era Texas.

At one point Buck Strickland enlists the services of a whiskey drinking, PTSD-riddled Cotton Hill, played by Jesse Plemons. He will be Buck's triggerman.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They could get some mileage out of what Buck was doing in Dallas on a certain day in November 1963.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Detective No. 27 posted:

They could get some mileage out of what Buck was doing in Dallas on a certain day in November 1963.

I very very much want a Buck Strickland show

then again I very very much want a Gilbert Dauterive show, too, so

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Buck, age 25, gambling in a seedy backroom.

"Hey Buck, someone from the hospital is on the line... Your father just had a heart attack, it sounds real bad."

"...My daddy... My daddy is having a heart attack??"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Detective No. 27 posted:

Buck, age 25, gambling in a seedy backroom.

"Hey Buck, someone from the hospital is on the line... Your father just had a heart attack, it sounds real bad."

"...My daddy... My daddy is having a heart attack??"

:lol:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
https://i.imgur.com/6Xe4HQG.mp4

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just finished a months long romp through this show and it just ended. Was it cancelled? Did Brittney Murphy’s death cause it to end? Hank and Kahn building a super grill was such a weird way to go out.

I thought the episode a few before this that ended with Bobby and Hank grilling burgers for everyone was the last episode with how it ended - everyone brought together and then panning over Arlen.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Wildtortilla posted:

I just finished a months long romp through this show and it just ended. Was it cancelled? Did Brittney Murphy’s death cause it to end? Hank and Kahn building a super grill was such a weird way to go out.

I thought the episode a few before this that ended with Bobby and Hank grilling burgers for everyone was the last episode with how it ended - everyone brought together and then panning over Arlen.

That was the series finale. The super grill episode was one of 4 unaired eps that only reached syndication on adult swim a couple years after the series ended

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Murphy died after the series ended production.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I have a hard time articulating exactly what it is about later seasons that feels so "off" to me. It's not like the earlier seasons weren't bouncing from weird gimmick to weird gimmick.

Bobby gets weirdly into rose gardening? Sure. Bobby falls in with some witch LARPers? All day. Renaissance fair episode where Peggy is a knight and beats up Alan Rickman? Best episode.

Is it a focus on different characters? Did the writing get lazier? Are the plots worse? I can't actually remember the later seasons well enough to recall them even when looking at an episode guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I always thought it was the flanderization. The show really worked hard for most of its run to keep these zany characters kind of realistic, and have other human qualities to balance the specific character quirk. The last couple seasons had numerous episodes where the writers seemed to have forgotten the characters were more than one dimensional buffoons.