Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
agricultural society was a mistake

Ed Balls sows the seeds, same as you and I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fake news is just as fun as real news. they can coexist.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

name another word for employment, the founder of Apple, and what one does when one is the loser in a scripted wrestling match

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/876899176562524160

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/876899250071904256

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FAUXTON posted:

Squilizza

i wont stand for such denigration of a fine upastanding poster!

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Sorry if this was posted. Good longform in texas monthly on alex Jones. Compared to this which isnt even trying hard, megyn kelly is pretty poo poo at this news thing. A character peice on alex jones is brutal if its even slightly honest.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/alex-jones-show/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Nastier Nate posted:

Rural America will run the loving show after nukes drop because no one is looking to bomb Potato County, Idaho. We won't have any use for Amazon cloud services from the smoldering husk of Silicon Valley, but places where food can still grow...

They'll hit rural plains areas early because that's where the nuke silos are, but while people in cities are gonna be vaporized quick, people in the sticks are gonna watch their families die slowly in shared agony because they won't be able to protect themselves from fallout and won't be able to get care for radiation sickness either.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Post Inspector: "Turn on your monitor!"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

pls do not perpetuate the harmful myth that nuclear war would not mean the end of terrestrial lifeforms

Wildlife is currently flourishing in Chernobyl which was exposed to far more radiation than a modern nuclear weapon would expose a similar area to. Yeah millions of people would certainly die and our progress would get set back about 50-75 years but humanity is a fairly robust species as far as terrestrial life forms go.

The EMP effects would probably do more damage and kill more people than the blasts or radiation would in the long run.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

aint that pretty explicitly illegal :thunk:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

They'll hit rural plains areas early because that's where the nuke silos are, but while people in cities are gonna be vaporized quick, people in the sticks are gonna watch their families die slowly in shared agony because they won't be able to protect themselves from fallout and won't be able to get care for radiation sickness either.

They don't need no fancy book learning! they'll live off the land and show you vaporized elite coastal liberals!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/876899797994790912

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/876899886272319489

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

president ain't never illegal

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/876899886033252357

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

said everybody in this thread every day about something

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

bigly

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
if god wanted us to read books he'd have given us shredders for eyes

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

how come a billion dollars hasn't been spent on that district

#alldistrictsmatter

Serf
May 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Wildlife is currently flourishing in Chernobyl which was exposed to far more radiation than a modern nuclear weapon would expose a similar area to. Yeah millions of people would certainly die and our progress would get set back about 50-75 years but humanity is a fairly robust species as far as terrestrial life forms go.

The EMP effects would probably do more damage and kill more people than the blasts or radiation would in the long run.

incorrect lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I don't know what will generate better tears in the suck zone, Ossoff winning or losing

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Love how the Fallout video game series and movies has taught people that nukes = radiation when the fallout universe specifically noted that in said universe they never developed high yield nuclear weapons as the reason why radiation is such an issue.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

only twitter would allow shitposting at the president in real time. what a world we live in for now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

an offhand reference to supporting Handel or something could be overlooked I guess but when you make four tweets explicitly endorsing candidates then come the gently caress on

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:holy:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Serf posted:

incorrect lol

dont worry we get to wait and see

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it's only the 3rd or 4th time he's done this

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

The cycle of bestiality continues.

https://twitter.com/SecondLady/status/876556730943111172

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

making Pence awfully predisental

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

the hatch act specifically excludes the president and vice president and a couple of others

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

If the president does it it's not illegal

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

those poor poor animals

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

it's only the 3rd or 4th time he's done this

yeah i wouldnt expect doneldo tronk to follow the law :sad:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Love how the Fallout video game series and movies has taught people that nukes = radiation when the fallout universe specifically noted that in said universe they never developed high yield nuclear weapons as the reason why radiation is such an issue.

loving video games, telling people that radiation is bad

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/876797672245661697

quote:

In the early evening of June 12th, UpGuard Cyber Risk Analyst Chris Vickery discovered an open cloud repository while searching for misconfigured data sources on behalf of the Cyber Risk Team, a research unit of UpGuard devoted to finding, securing, and raising public awareness of such exposures. The data repository, an Amazon Web Services S3 bucket, lacked any protection against access. As such, anyone with an internet connection could have accessed the Republican data operation used to power Donald Trump’s presidential victory, simply by navigating to a six-character Amazon subdomain: “dra-dw”.

Upon inspection of the contents, “dra-dw” is shown to stand for “Deep Root Analytics Data Warehouse.” The concept of a “data warehouse” is common in modern business— essentially, it is a massive collection of data prepared specifically for complex analysis. Deep Root Analytics confirmed they owned and operated the dra-dw bucket, which was subsequently secured against public access the night of June 14th, shortly after Vickery notified federal authorities.

quote:

Yet this was not all. An additional 24 terabytes of data was stored in the warehouse, but had been configured to prevent public access. Ultimately, the amount of data stored in the misconfigured database was equivalent in size to about 10 billion pages of text.

Less clear was the significance of intriguing but inaccessible files, such as one titled “for_strategy_xroads_updated_FINAL” - which may refer in some capacity to American Crossroads, the Super PAC co-founded by former George W. Bush adviser Karl Rove that was very active in 2016 electoral financing. Also found was a large cache of Reddit posts, saved as text

It would ultimately take days, from June 12th to June 14th, for Vickery to download 1.1 TB of publicly accessible files, which included two critical directories titled “data_trust” and “target_point.”

quote:

Data Trust, “the GOP’s exclusive data provider,” was created by the RNC in 2011, per National Review, “to shoulder the cost of building and managing the GOP’s voter file”—its repository of detailed voter information crucial to any successful electoral advertising and get-out-the-vote efforts. As reported by Slate, Data Trust operates as a private-sector satellite of the RNC—“a hybrid, a private company that party bosses built but can’t formally run.”

Within the Deep Root Analytics database, the folder “data_trust” appears to contain nothing less than the full fruits of this RNC/Data Trust effort to house as comprehensive and detailed a repository of potential 2016 voter information.

Within “data_trust” are two massive stores of personal information collectively representing up to 198 million potential voters. Consisting primarily of two file repositories, a 256 GB folder for the 2008 presidential election and a 233 GB folder for 2012, each containing fifty-one files - one for every state, as well as the District of Columbia. Each file, formatted as a comma separated value (.csv), lists an internal, 32-character alphanumeric “RNC ID”—such as, for example, 530C2598-6EF4-4A56-9A7X-2FCA466FX2E2—used to uniquely identify every potential voter in the database. These RNC IDS uniquely link disparate data sets together, combining dozens of sensitive and personally identifying data points, making it possible to piece together a striking amount of detail on individual Americans specified by name.

quote:

In the 50 GB file titled “DRA Post Elect 2016 All Scores 1-12-17.yxdb,” each potential voter is scored with a decimal fraction between zero and one across forty-six columns. Each of the fields under each of the forty-six columns signifies the potential voter’s modeled likelihood of supporting the policy, political candidate, or belief listed at the top of the column, with zero indicating very unlikely, and one indicating very likely.

The spreadsheet is an impressive deployment of analytical might. However, while each potential voter is signified by their 32-character RNC internal ID, it is a one-step process to determine the real name associated with the modeled policy preferences, as the aforementioned “Contact File” also exposed in the database links the RNC ID to the potential voter’s actual identity.

This reporter was able, after determining his RNC ID, to view his modeled policy preferences and political actions as calculated by TargetPoint. It is a testament both to their talents, and to the real danger of this exposure, that the results were astoundingly accurate.
lmao

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

the hatch act specifically excludes the president and vice president and a couple of otters

drat is there any species pence wont get down with

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://osc.gov/Pages/The-Hatch-Act-Frequently-Asked-Questions-on-Federal-Employees-and-the-Use-of-Social-Media-and-Email.aspx

Trump is pretty blatantly tying these candidates' potential victories to his own political activities and efforts here, so it violates the Hatch Act

It's about as clear cut as you can get

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

the hatch act specifically excludes the president and vice president and a couple of others
is this another exception that was made because people expected (((decorum))) to bound presidents instead of laws? lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

deleted lmboooo

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Agrajag posted:

those poor poor animals

tfw u realize all politician animals are used as a political prop and they dont actually give a poo poo about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

they're gonna offer him a nice big office, even more responsibilities, increased salary, and hey, sean, to show mr trump's appreciation for all your great work, just for you, a free massage, come with me

following one burly masseur and flanked by another, an exhausted sean spicer is sighing with relief as they wend their way through the labyrinth of the white house basement and its myriad hidden passageways

he's thinking of all the great work he can accomplish for mr trump now that he'll be out of the baleful public eye

he's thinking of how great it will be to get more than 30 minutes of sleep a night and someday be able to get an erection again

he's thinking that maybe it's time to think of having another kid with his wonderful wife with whom is he still in love after all these years. he has a lot to make up for before that can happen but he's willing to go the distance, whatever it takes

he's dizzy, no, he's GIDDY as he stumbles along

giddy with utter relief and starstuck with the amazing future that lies ahead as america is made... no, gently caress it, as SPICEY is made great again

at the end of a long and well-lit white corridor, the masseur opens an immaculate white door and sean spicer follows him inside, removes his armorlike suit-carapace, and stands skinny and naked and trembling for a moment, like a gangly, dewy-eyed chick of some strange and curious species, before climbing onto the massage table and lying prone with his face in the facerest

he's breathing more deeply now, anticipating the strong hands on his wasted frame, kneading away the terrible stress

thank god, is all he can think. and thank mr trump

one masseur grasps his skull firmly but gently and presses his head down while the other hammers a small wooden peg into the back of his neck, right at the very tippy top

• Locked thread