Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stupid Ubisoft. We’re never getting another Division game other than the mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Ubisoft Cancels The Division Heartland
https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-cancels-the-division-heartland

Disappointing but not really surprising. I dread to think how much money and how many resources were burned at this alter. I love these games but a full sequel is overdue at this point I think.

Not surprising. It was not good. Took all the wrong lessons from Survival and made it not fun.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I love these games but a full sequel is overdue at this point I think.

For sure. I wanted to check out this Heartlands thing because hey, more Division, but maybe this is for the best.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Stupid Ubisoft. We’re never getting another Division game other than the mobile.

that's probably not coming out either at this point

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I’m holding out hope for Division 3. Star Wars comes out in a couple months so if they’re working on D3, they’ve probably already started shifting resources to it. With Heartland canceled, Red Storm could be available to help with it as well. Despite their flaws, the Division games have sold really well.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Who's to know what will happen. How any big budget game breaks even these days is a miracle. Really feels like in 10 years time we'll have Call of Duty annually and maybe a single player game if we're lucky.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
I felt quite satisfied/sated a the end of WONY that I just didn't need any more Division 2. Couldn't really get into seasons as such (and my inventory, etc was always such a mess and hoo-boy the weapon stat rework, I was just lost lmao.). Anyway, I too hope for a Div 3.

Side note, if you need more Division right now, I enjoyed the books by Thomas Parrott (3 books so far, starts with "Recruited").

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Division 3 would need to do something really new. Either a wildly different and diverse city, or a much bigger open world with more open / wild space, or some sort of main base of operations area and expeditions to a huge range of diverse, really tight and good smaller maps.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure that it'll lack the last 3 years of QoL changes they put into Div2 because Massive can't help themselves

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Assuming it keeps anything but extremely basic similarities - see Division 1 to Division 2.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Division Star Wars is really what I was hoping for from Outlaws but hopefully it turns out well anyway.

I wonder if Division Star Trek would work? We need more Star Trek games in my opinion.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Division Star Wars is really what I was hoping for from Outlaws but hopefully it turns out well anyway.

I wonder if Division Star Trek would work? We need more Star Trek games in my opinion.

a Star Trek game would need to find a way to make doing stuff like bouncing a particle reflector beam off the main deflector dish into a fun mechanic that isn't just a QTE minigame.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It rules that they just need to recreate patch 1.8 from Division 1 every time.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
We've had winter in New York, summer in DC. Next is Autumn in Vermont.

"Agent. The True Sons have begun weaponising maple syrup in a bid to make stickier sticky bombs, but a lone enclave of Cleaners who relocated and turned their flamethrowers into marshmallow toasters are planning to ambush the convoy outside Bernie Sanders house."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WE'RE DA EH-SASSINS

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

It rules that they just need to recreate patch 1.8 from Division 1 every time.

It only took them what, 5 years?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Elendil004 posted:

Division 3 would need to do something really new. Either a wildly different and diverse city, or a much bigger open world with more open / wild space, or some sort of main base of operations area and expeditions to a huge range of diverse, really tight and good smaller maps.

Honestly there are a lot of things lacking from TD2 that were standard fare even at the release of TD1. If they added things like a shared open world (it would be awesome to see players not in my party doing a control point for instance and be able to join them), crossplay, and more frequent raid content to TD3 it would be my ideal looter shooter.

Pipedream wishlist item would be abandoning third-person cover based for first-person movement based combat. Not necessarily the CoD-like movement of XDefiant, but even with Division’s bullet-sponge enemies that XD gunplay with Division itemization and mechanics could legitimately kill something like Destiny 3.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

a Star Trek game would need to find a way to make doing stuff like bouncing a particle reflector beam off the main deflector dish into a fun mechanic that isn't just a QTE minigame.

Star Trek slid into the FPS genre quite nicely with the Elite Force games so it's maybe not too far fetched to think it could fit into a Division style game. It'll never happen of course.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Pandaal posted:

Pipedream wishlist item would be abandoning third-person cover based for first-person movement based combat. Not necessarily the CoD-like movement of XDefiant, but even with Division’s bullet-sponge enemies that XD gunplay with Division itemization and mechanics could legitimately kill something like Destiny 3.

This won't happen. The Division series is a 3rd person cover based looter shooter. It's at the core of the series' DNA.

The third game will probably be set in NYC again, since it's clear WONY was a sort of course correction, plus the new Division 2 DLC is in Brooklyn. I wouldn't be surprised if it's set in the winter time again, One Year Later from the dollar flu/events of the first game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Jose Oquendo posted:

This won't happen. The Division series is a 3rd person cover based looter shooter. It's at the core of the series' DNA.

The third game will probably be set in NYC again, since it's clear WONY was a sort of course correction, plus the new Division 2 DLC is in Brooklyn. I wouldn't be surprised if it's set in the winter time again, One Year Later from the dollar flu/events of the first game.

wait we're getting new d2 dlc? dang

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah I’m aware, that’s why I added it as a Hail Mary sort of afterthought. After the surprisingly competent map and character design of XD it’s just fun to fantasize about what a first person division would look like. What I’m really hoping for is Division 2 with an un-hosed dark zone, cross play, and a 16-32 player shared overworld.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

I'm always interested to think what they could achieve with such games if the 2013 consoles didn't hold the game design back.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
A single big NYC Dark Zone with decent anti-cheat would be my new Tarkov.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wildlands and Breakpoint are both primarily third person shooters with an optional first person view, I don't see why a potential Division 3 couldn't have that. Always felt like a little bit of a waste with all the detail they put into the guns and all the gun skins they put out that you can barely see them from third person perspective.

Elendil004 posted:

wait we're getting new d2 dlc? dang

Yeah it was supposed to be later this year but got pushed to sometime 2025 IIRC. The last season literally ends with the villains driving into Brooklyn so presumably this was supposed to be our direct lead in into it but who knows what's coming next now that it's delayed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

A single big NYC Dark Zone with decent anti-cheat would be my new Tarkov.

They missed the opportunity of just using Div1's DZ with balanced-for-pvp Div2 mechanics into a stand alone game with shitloads of paid cosmetics. Div1 survival mode could just been ported into Div2 or again, stand alone extraction shooter when Div2 was hot

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/1796221795814506930?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently what’s happening in Year 6 is moving the Washington Monument from a raised mound at the end of the reflecting pool beside the Potomac River to some flooded farmers field in the middle of nowhere.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 1, 2024

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

Apparently what’s happening in Year 6 is moving the Washington Monument from a raised mound at the end of the reflecting pool beside the Potomac River to some flooded farmers field in the middle of nowhere.

Probably some bullshit AI image.

I’m assuming they might show off the new DLC which I think technically comes out Year 6. I can’t imagine dedicating time in the Ubisoft Forward for the seasonal stuff which consists of the same missions we’ve been doing but slightly different.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Jose Oquendo posted:

Probably some bullshit AI image.

I’m assuming they might show off the new DLC which I think technically comes out Year 6. I can’t imagine dedicating time in the Ubisoft Forward for the seasonal stuff which consists of the same missions we’ve been doing but slightly different.

Bet you there will be mention of Xdefiant to get that cross promotion in.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kibayasu posted:

lol they went from "DC has big-time flooding problems when poo poo's all broke" to "it's a reflecting marsh now"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Popping in after years away from the game. I remember being really annoyed at the lack of random clothing in D2 compared to the first game. It felt like I could find four different pants or hats with little effort in NYC, but it took forever to end up with a pair of shoes and jeans in DC.

Has this been changed over time? Was it ever actually an issue or just all in my head? I really enjoyed picking through random stuff looking for more clothes to wear.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
There will have been many apparel events since you last played I think which come up again every so often so you’ll get the chance to grab them. There are 99 ‘regular’ items I think.

To be honest a lot of the gear looks very drab/worn/samey compared to the cool jackets and hats in D1.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

Popping in after years away from the game. I remember being really annoyed at the lack of random clothing in D2 compared to the first game. It felt like I could find four different pants or hats with little effort in NYC, but it took forever to end up with a pair of shoes and jeans in DC.

Has this been changed over time? Was it ever actually an issue or just all in my head? I really enjoyed picking through random stuff looking for more clothes to wear.

In the first Division game, there were tons of clothing items you'd find in random apartments and poo poo. The vast majority of cosmetics in Division 2 are now in caches (which you earn for free), paid cosmetics and cosmetic packs, and the paid seasonal track rewards.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Every four SHD levels you get a cache. If you already have the item inside the game rewards you with textile currency. That currency can be used to buy specific clothing you're missing. I'm around SHD 3000 and have finally got everything from the caches, and bought all the random bits. The only bits left cost real money to buy. They do add random stuff to things like a last boss in a Manhunt, or the Hunter masks which take an inordinate amount of bullshit to farm up. They also repeat apparel events so you can get stuff you missed previously.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame/status/1799109074321060302?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

This Rawson Thurber dude is apparently the director of the Division movie (Netflix). He says it's still happening but ummm I don't know about that.
https://twitter.com/rawsonthurber/status/1792644065118282000?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Current season finishes on Monday, and word about the next season yet?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I’m sure early Monday morning they will extend it six weeks because the new content won’t be ready.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Torquemada posted:

Current season finishes on Monday, and word about the next season yet?

There was a PTS several weeks ago and that’s all we have heard I believe.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How do you get these ‘twitch drop’ masks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

monkeytennis posted:

How do you get these ‘twitch drop’ masks?

Watch the Ubisoft forward on June 10th on twitch, and have you twitch account linked to ubisoft.

https://drops-register.ubi.com/#/en-US