Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
In the BtB stockpile playtest they're doing, you can quantum translocate with a seed in hand. Totally game changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does it change the game into Stockpile not being the worst BTB game mode in the entire franchise?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Arc Hammer posted:

Does it change the game into Stockpile not being the worst BTB game mode in the entire franchise?

Actually, yes!

The additional changes are:
-Only 3 seeds needed to score instead of 5
-Need to score 5 times instead of 3 to win the game
-Individual seeds spawn all over the map each round, not just in one singular big pile
-Seeds can be stolen in like 1 second as opposed to the eternity it used to take

The seeds being all over the map really spreads out the action and makes it so that one really good player on either team doesn't win the entire round for their team. Only needing 3 to score per round and having their be 5 rounds also means even if you fall behind by a point or even two, you're not automatically doomed to lose. The quick steal change also makes stealing seeds totally viable, and it's a little chaotic because of it.

Tons of fun (especially compared to the old BtB stockpile) and I recommend everyone try it.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
This game is honestly pretty fun now.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I have made a few posts in this thread that mainly had the theme of 'WTF WHY DO THINGS FEEL OFF, WHAT THE HELL, I USED TO BE SEMI DECENT AT THIS GAME NOW I'M GETTING WRECKED, IS IT LAG, AHHHH'.

I think I finally realized what was wrong. I have been using the same Xbox One controller for a looooong time. My favorite white controller that I have put countless hours on. I realized that my sticks were having huge drift issues, and it got to the point that my spaceman wouldn't stop moving or looking in certain directions no matter what I did. So no wonder things felt 'off' for me for a while.

I switched to my spare black controller that has been sitting in a drawer, barely used. And my god, what a difference. The game is back to doing what I what it to do, and the controls feel nice and tight.

I am still getting my rear end kicked sometimes, but now it is for actual mistakes I make in gameplay, not because things felt weird.

(I still think enemies can lunge further than I can during a melee attack tho)

TLDR: clean and/or switch to a newer controller and you will notice a difference.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

shootforit posted:

I have made a few posts in this thread that mainly had the theme of 'WTF WHY DO THINGS FEEL OFF, WHAT THE HELL, I USED TO BE SEMI DECENT AT THIS GAME NOW I'M GETTING WRECKED, IS IT LAG, AHHHH'.

I think I finally realized what was wrong. I have been using the same Xbox One controller for a looooong time. My favorite white controller that I have put countless hours on. I realized that my sticks were having huge drift issues, and it got to the point that my spaceman wouldn't stop moving or looking in certain directions no matter what I did. So no wonder things felt 'off' for me for a while.

I switched to my spare black controller that has been sitting in a drawer, barely used. And my god, what a difference. The game is back to doing what I what it to do, and the controls feel nice and tight.

I am still getting my rear end kicked sometimes, but now it is for actual mistakes I make in gameplay, not because things felt weird.

(I still think enemies can lunge further than I can during a melee attack tho)

TLDR: clean and/or switch to a newer controller and you will notice a difference.

Get drift in your left stick so you can always have aim magnetism

Things also probably feel weird because there's no inertia when strafing and that has huge effects everywhere else in the game. It's a lot.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
It's kind of amazing the volume of new content now compared with the game's first year. For Husky Raid and Tenrai this season they've added something like 15 dedicated maps between them. All Forge efforts of course but still great fun.

Shouldn't we know something about season 5 by now? I feel like it should be out in a few weeks.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The Season 5 trailer looks amazing. Flood cosmetics are a neat idea and I hope I can use it with my cat ears.

https://youtu.be/QORZtiws6Sk?si=T2XQOoCD1ai3ieeX

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
cross core helmets :toot:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

AI in Forge will change everything.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

AI in Forge will change everything.

yeah someone could make an actual good campaign

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I know that customs has a browser now but is there any Goon discords that can get some customs going? Joined a couple but neither seem to have any Halo channels, thinking about jumping back in for the next season.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

new update seems good folks!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I see that they're putting the original Combat Evolved Mark V armour in the shop. Is the shop still a rotating fomo machine or did they change it to an actual drat catalog yet.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

mostly still a rotating fomo machine but they periodically unlock past seasons cosmetics for purchase through the customisation screen

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Decided to try M/KB in this game again after not touching it since season one. It’s actually pretty good now. Got tired of the sim assist on controller turning off if I even thought about touching my keyboard, so it’s nice to just play without that annoyance anymore. Also the new maps are wicked cool. Husky mode or whatever was a little strange but good for getting those kills with rockets/ravager kill challenges. Also the new versions of the guns they’ve tossed into multiplayer seem cool, just weird to get use to when I went to full auto the commando and it turned out to be a semi auto bandit instead.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Who the gently caress is husky raid and why are their dogshit maps the only games I can find to play outside of forbidden/prism 24/7

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Anyone still play this game?

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I installed it for the latest season. Been in some fun custom lobbies, but the browser is still kinda bad. Game is fun, but it sucks when teammates don't play the objective which is like 90% of the time

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I like the new territory gametype they've been featuring in the new content playlist. It doesn't feel like it gets stalled or is usually a complete shut out like the old territory type did. (I forget the gametype names sorry.)

JSmithOTI posted:

I installed it for the latest season. Been in some fun custom lobbies, but the browser is still kinda bad. Game is fun, but it sucks when teammates don't play the objective which is like 90% of the time
Sorry. I just want to play Slayer, but they like to put objective modes into the new content playlists. I do try a bit, but I'd rather be playing something else. I wish they had the MCC style mode selector instead of playlists.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I always found older Halos really fun when playing the objectives with friends. The main multiplayer benefit of Halo is that the team sizes are small compared to other shooters, so at least for me, you could realistically manage to have 3 other friends together at once. (whereas getting five friends for a game of CoD was challenging)

I came back to try the new season and I'm really enjoying it but it seems nobody on my friends list plays anymore :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I never really liked the playlist based matchmaking. I like big team heavies, but I hate capture the flag. Husky Raid but it's slayer only (and on normal maps) would revive the fun I had with my friends 20 years ago playing LAN Halo 2.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have been playing a ton of BTB but yeah, depends a lot on your team. I've seen BTB Slayer games go like 15 to 100.

There was also the guy in BTB Stockpile who would throw power seeds off the map. When I said "wtf" in chat he started saying "white power" over and over again so that's not really cool, but at least it's a pretty cut and dry report

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've noticed that each season when waves of new people show up, you lose a lot of teamwork on maps as all the new people just want to play slayer or otherwise don't know what to do on objective maps.

I actually yelled at my computer last week because a guy picked up the enemy flag and then just stood on top the tank that was desperately trying to cover him as I honked my warthog horn for him to jump in for like 5-10 seconds before he got killed. It was an easy route back to base and he just stood there out in the open.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao

SpartanIvy posted:

I've noticed that each season when waves of new people show up, you lose a lot of teamwork on maps as all the new people just want to play slayer or otherwise don't know what to do on objective maps.

I actually yelled at my computer last week because a guy picked up the enemy flag and then just stood on top the tank that was desperately trying to cover him as I honked my warthog horn for him to jump in for like 5-10 seconds before he got killed. It was an easy route back to base and he just stood there out in the open.

This guy was calling everyone else an idiot cause he thought the tank would drive him back lmao.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Posted some Installation 01 gameplay.

https://twitter.com/Installation01/status/1722034102453293249

Still early in UE5 but we're already having fun, which is really exciting!

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Halo: (Resk)Infinite where every map made in the last 2 years has a pointless reskin so you have twice as many chances as playing the same map but maybe you'll get the one that's Japanese themed. Truly groundbreaking levels of laziness to increase map count.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Virginia Slams posted:

Halo: (Resk)Infinite where every map made in the last 2 years has a pointless reskin so you have twice as many chances as playing the same map but maybe you'll get the one that's Japanese themed. Truly groundbreaking levels of laziness to increase map count.

Which playlist are you playing that has them? I've only seen those reskinned maps during the Tenrai event playlists, which makes sense because it's a whole samurai themed thing.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Can we update the thread title to have something to do with the Mt. Dew themed level?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

SpartanIvy posted:

Which playlist are you playing that has them? I've only seen those reskinned maps during the Tenrai event playlists, which makes sense because it's a whole samurai themed thing.

The complaint here is complete nonsense, there is no such reskin issue in the game. They released a new 'The Pit' called Empyrean a while back, and there was a Tenrai reskin of it, and there is now a more classic Halo 3 themed one, but all 3 have a) different geometry and weapon placement and b) have never been in the same playlist at the same time.

Game is good.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Lammasu posted:

Can we update the thread title to have something to do with the Mt. Dew themed level?

Halo Infinite: Dew or die

I really enjoyed the BTB Infection workshop game mode. They need to fix some of the cheap spots in the maps that the survivors can cheese in but otherwise it's really solid.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

Theres a mt dew level?

Halo Infinite all about mt. Dew should have Mt. dont

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

ZeusCannon posted:

Theres a mt dew level?

Halo Infinite all about mt. Dew should have Mt. dont

It's actually a great map. Just really green. I played CTF on it and it played great for a map its size. The obstacles and sight lines are well thought out.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

SpartanIvy posted:

It's actually a great map. Just really green. I played CTF on it and it played great for a map its size. The obstacles and sight lines are well thought out.

As it should be :hai:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Lammasu posted:

The what

Never reinstalled so fast

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The map is called Critical Dewpoint for those looking for it.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/11/13/halo-game-fuel-critical-dewpoint/

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Yeah not gonna lie, DO THE DEW: THE MAP, is pretty fun. Won several games of Oddball and Slayer on it.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Trip report: the Mountain Dew Foundry is surprisingly good. I think i might like it better than the MCC version

Construct and Isolation remakes are pretty good too.

Don’t love the Lockout remake, I feel like it’s weirdly large and open compared to the original?

High Ground is still useless for anything except one flag, which I guess makes it a faithful remake. idk why they’d put slayer or territories on this map

Haven’t gotten The Pit, Narrows or Guardian yet

It’s a pity Infinite was such a mixed bag at launch because the game is pretty good now, when it has like 1/10th the playerbase.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

redownloaded a few days ago and had a lot of fun, and the UI feels better

Can anyone share their experience of the performance on the Xbox series x on a 4k TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

hawowanlawow posted:

redownloaded a few days ago and had a lot of fun, and the UI feels better

Can anyone share their experience of the performance on the Xbox series x on a 4k TV?

I've played a bit on my XSX and my PC running a 2080 and they felt very similar. Both displays were 4K.