Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
haha a kid just nevermind cant talk about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Anansi The Spider posted:

haha a kid just nevermind cant talk about that

Still too specific.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0u0R4Ta-tk

Just about sums it up.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

gently caress polk

No balls

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfKdKWJEkM

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want autistic reporter to cover this. He would go insane from the lack of detail.

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p3FGPCxKqM

This guy needs to cover it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nimmy posted:

You can do real hooah hooah army traning!
- beards
- DCUs
- no ranks
- rolling up your sleeves
- allah ackbar

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 28, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

Neo Duckberg posted:

- beards
- DCUs
- no ranks
- rolling up your sleeves
- allah ackbar

Germany has a JRTC aswell, but it rains like a motherfucker

brains
May 12, 2004

Germany has a JRTC aswell, but it rains like a motherfucker

hmm tell me more about your experiences at various CTCs :allears:

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

brains posted:

hmm tell me more about your experiences at various CTCs :allears:

My team leader got sent to germany when he reclassed to 11b. he now rocks a haji beard. its great

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
JMRC is fun. When I went some dude rammed a TMP straight into a jersey barrier in the middle of the night. Also the amount of people that had to go to the hospital because of "impacted bowels" was amazing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
DCUs were the best uniform to wear. No shining boots, no velcro and they were comfortable as gently caress.

Oh, and they also worked as camouflage.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

DCUs were the best uniform to wear. No shining boots, no velcro and they were comfortable as gently caress.

Oh, and they also worked as camouflage.

They were seriously awesome. Not too hot, no velcro, and they dried out quick as hell.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Basically the Army hosed up badly getting rid of DCUs/BDUs in favor of the ACU and instead should have just said "hey you fucks, stop pressing your uniforms and wear dark no shine boots."

OR we should have just switched to DCUs full time because HAHAHAHA if we are ever getting out of the middle east ever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Multicam looks like it's actually not half bad but I haven't worn a uniform in a very long time so honestly the gently caress do I know.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I was in OIF3 and we were the last group to wear the DCUs.

101st came in to relieve us, all of them wearing the ACUs. It was like a nightmare. A velcro-covered, pajama-looking nightmare.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Multicam is a pretty nice (and effective apparently) looking uniform in person. Much better than the abortion that is UCP, thankfully it appears we're switching to something 99% identical to Multicam for real now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Uniform changes while you're deployed are the best.

Was sitting on FOB Sykes with like 800 dudes in DCUs walking around then one guy in ACUs comes off the flight line and a bunch of us pointed at him like it was body snatchers and were like IT BEGINS.

It was 1AD coming to relieve us.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Multicam is pretty rad. It actually works.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
DCUs were like desert colored pajamas so honestly I would care more about how comfortable they are.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

For us it was overnight, all of a sudden 101st had swarmed Speicher and it had gotten 100% gayer. Even with them taking it over from the 42nd with a god drat rainbow for a patch.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

we replaced the 42nd and they were some dumb gently caress heads.

our unit was dumber.

the 1st cav unit that replaced us was even worse.

i'm of the firm belief that the invasion had bottom of the barrel intelligence at all levels, and each rip/toa was exponentially more stupid.

now that the country is being steam rolled by a hand full of bearded dumb shits in Toyotas, the circle is almost complete.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

For us it was overnight, all of a sudden 101st had swarmed Speicher and it had gotten 100% gayer. Even with them taking it over from the 42nd with a god drat rainbow for a patch.

In Afghanistan the 101st was really cool. Then the 82nd took over and it was gay. Then 10th mountain and it was cool. Then the 101st again and it was the gayest yet.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Fucitol posted:

we replaced the 42nd and they were some dumb gently caress heads.

our unit was dumber.

the 1st cav unit that replaced us was even worse.

i'm of the firm belief that the invasion had bottom of the barrel intelligence at all levels, and each rip/toa was exponentially more stupid.

now that the country is being steam rolled by a hand full of bearded dumb shits in Toyotas, the circle is almost complete.

lol I have never heard ANYONE (who wasn't cav) say anything the tiniest bit good about 1st cav.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I didn't deal with 101st at all then (This was like our last month there), all they did was make the lines everywhere insanely long and yell at us about the new PT Belt rule

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

a line never crossed

a horse never ridden

and a color that speaks for itself.

HOOAH

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 29, 2014

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I didn't deal with 101st at all then (This was like our last month there), all they did was make the lines everywhere insanely long and yell at us about the new PT Belt rule

We all got yelled at as a Platoon by some MSG who's job I guess was hooting about PT belts. We flew back to BAF to get ready to leave country and didn't know PT belts were required (they weren't when we first got into country) and this jackass put us all at attention (in the middle of Disney, the biggest road on BAF) to yell about standards and discipline.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

lol I have never heard ANYONE (who wasn't cav) say anything the tiniest bit good about 1st cav.

I went on a convoy to Taji or Baji (one of those places, who the gently caress knows) in the beginning of my deployment, and it was run by first cav

I saw two E3's standing guard in front of the PX, making sure no one stepped on the massive 1st cav horsehead mural painted on the blacktop, they did 8 hour shifts of this, in full battle rattle.

poor loving bastards.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Vasudus posted:

DCUs were like desert colored pajamas so honestly I would care more about how comfortable they are.
The flame-resistant fabric used for the Multicams I was issued were pretty comfy. Perhaps not the comfiest thing I could imagine for 100+ weather, but they were miles better than regular-rear end ACUs.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I went on a convoy to Taji or Baji (one of those places, who the gently caress knows) in the beginning of my deployment, and it was run by first cav

I saw two E3's standing guard in front of the PX, making sure no one stepped on the massive 1st cav horsehead mural painted on the blacktop, they did 8 hour shifts of this, in full battle rattle.

poor loving bastards.

Lmao first cav are such faggots about that stupid horse head.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Saw a dude on BF4 today who took the time to make his emblem the 1st Cav insignia lol

It was still hosed up

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

our battalion had the distinct honor of being replaced twice by 1st cav. they were hosed both times after toa. like, things that were unprecedented in our ao loving exploded and went bonkers two weeks after we left each time.

i never truly considered going awol, but if i got orders for 1st cav or 3rd acr, I think real estate in Canada would be looking fairly pristine.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

We all got yelled at as a Platoon by some MSG who's job I guess was hooting about PT belts. We flew back to BAF to get ready to leave country and didn't know PT belts were required (they weren't when we first got into country) and this jackass put us all at attention (in the middle of Disney, the biggest road on BAF) to yell about standards and discipline.

Our company had been split up for our deployment. One platoon went to Anaconda to do nothing but unload patients off of blackhawks for the Aussies running the CSH and ferrying locals from the front gate to the CSH for whatever bullshit. One squad went to Warhorse to do the same there, one squad went to Caldwell to do...something, I never found out what they did. Another squad went to Gabe to run the BAS for 3rd ID and run missions with the QRF team there, and the last squad and HQ Platoon stayed at Speicher, medics working the CSH ER and HQ farting around doing duties. We had all gotten back together to start our demob process, and we did a company run one morning at Speicher to celebrate us all being together again. We get stopped 1/2 way through by some 101st major who had been there for a week to yell at us for not wearing PT belts.

Even our commander was ready to smack the poo poo out of him and call him a yelling bird bitch.

gleep gloop posted:

Lmao first cav are such faggots about that stupid horse head.

2nd place for this was 11th Cav. We had a nurse in our CSH who had the biggest loving hardon for them

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Biggest retards I've met have got to be 1-41 IN from 1AD. They were acting as the uplift for the SF guys, which of course made them think they were SF, too. And the proved this to everyone by shooting at a US contractor on the FOB and trying to shrug it off as "warning shots," stealing our LN contractors to build a gym for themselves, hitting a 600A electrical line going to the FST and thereby cutting power to the OR, and yelling at people who were waiting in line to give blood during an emergency blood draw because they were in the way of their truck carrying gym equipment.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

psydude posted:

Biggest retards I've met have got to be 1-41 IN from 1AD. They were acting as the uplift for the SF guys, which of course made them think they were SF, too. And the proved this to everyone by shooting at a US contractor on the FOB and trying to shrug it off as "warning shots," stealing our LN contractors to build a gym for themselves, hitting a 600A electrical line going to the FST and thereby cutting power to the OR, and yelling at people who were waiting in line to give blood during an emergency blood draw because they were in the way of their truck carrying gym equipment.

lol it all goes back to 1st cav. that unit was part of 4-1 cav on bliss and got reflagged to 1AD when the whole division came there from germany in like 09. cavland on bliss was a scary place full of literal trailers for barracks and a dedicated MP unit (not attached to them, but dedicated to just patrolling cavland)

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Fucitol posted:

i never truly considered going awol, but if i got orders for 1st cav or 3rd acr, I think real estate in Canada would be looking fairly pristine.

But you get to wear cool spurs and stetsons! And your unit history is entirely composed of murdering Native Americans! Talk about pride. In 3cr at least.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm going to JRTC sometime this upcoming winter for the first time. Anything I can do ahead of time to make it suck less? Useful poo poo to bring that most people don't think of, etc.?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Aranan posted:

I'm going to JRTC sometime this upcoming winter for the first time. Anything I can do ahead of time to make it suck less? Useful poo poo to bring that most people don't think of, etc.?

Cigarettes and dip. Sure people think to bring cigarettes and dip, but they never think to bring enough. Bring a lot. Sell it to people that run out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Aranan posted:

Bring a blanket to drape over your bunk so you can whack it to pass the time.

• Locked thread