Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

killstealing posted:

It's hard to imagine fozziesov being worse than nightly structure shoots

:shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Or better yet: Do any of our doctrines use a hic? I flapped around in a hic for the last siege of vfk and I get all teary eyed and nostalgic.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

killstealing posted:

It's hard to imagine fozziesov being worse than nightly structure shoots

"strategic ratting"

let that sink in and get back to me.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drunkmessiah posted:

Anyone mind helping out a retarded goon that requires hand-holding so i can play with the big bees and blindly throw my corpse at the enemies for liberty, I made account on gs and somehow hosed up what i was doing and never joined I shitpost enough on the sa steam-group chat, Also convo brett batts and spartan25 for references, am only moderately a spai <-- I was told Im special needs and instructed to say this

*I can offer crude ms paintings

I am the spartan26 in question

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Rhymenoserous posted:

"strategic ratting"

In a world where mining fleets are SRP-able stratops...

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Or better yet: Do any of our doctrines use a hic? I flapped around in a hic for the last siege of vfk and I get all teary eyed and nostalgic.

Hics are pretty much suicide considering the numbers involved. Your lifespan once that bubble goes up is less than a dictor bubble.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

awesomecopter posted:

Hics are pretty much suicide considering the numbers involved. Your lifespan once that bubble goes up is less than a dictor bubble.

sooooo?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Rhymenoserous posted:

"strategic ratting"

Finally people have an excuse to rat during wartime I guess

I didn't read about those indexes though, so are retrievers and hulks reimbursable now?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

soundwave aka stoffer ninjapirate aka i think lead game designer for awhile

Yeah Soundwave was lead Game Designer before CCP Scarpia (who is leaving this month/next).

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
SOTG happening 10 hours, 45 minutes from this post.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

killstealing posted:

Finally people have an excuse to rat during wartime I guess

I didn't read about those indexes though, so are retrievers and hulks reimbursable now?

haha probably not.

Fix Lag posted:

gently caress yes.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Rhymenoserous posted:

haha probably not.

Procurers are :eng101:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
That's code for "Be ready because goddamn are we going to hellfuck some poo poo to death right afterwards"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fix Lag posted:

Fix Lag posted:

That's code for "Be ready because goddamn are we going to hellfuck some poo poo to death right afterwards"

I'd be asleep right now but for the excitement.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

It's used in nearly every major doctrine, but bubbling requires some of the situation awareness and knowledge of eve fleet fights mechanics in order to not gently caress up your own fleet at lest. But I guess you know what you doing so yeah, go use dicktors.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kirs posted:

It's used in nearly every major doctrine, but bubbling requires some of the situation awareness and knowledge of eve fleet fights mechanics in order to not gently caress up your own fleet at lest. But I guess you know what you doing so yeah, go use dicktors.

You're replying to one of the better bubblers in the game. :skink:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's with the Project Discovery thing?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robo Reagan posted:

What's with the Project Discovery thing?

It's an in-game thing CCP are doing with some real world science groups to help map/identify types of genomes or something along those lines. Basically it's Citizen Science made into a game, where you get Sisters of EVE Loyalty Points for it as well as a paltry amount of ISK doing so while being bored on a gate camp, sitting in a station or whatever.

Full dev blog here - https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/project-discovery-needs-you/

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Project Discovery can feel like a grind sometimes, but I do it a lot when I'm not doing anything else or not enough people I know are on to roam with, and selling the drugs is a kind of okay way to make money for basically zero risk because they're legal in highsec and sell for 10-20 million apiece.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

soundwave aka stoffer ninjapirate aka i think lead game designer for awhile

Before my time, I think.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Hic scripted points are now scrams, they're real good at keeping your fleet from getting teleported by command destroyers. Fly a Hic.

awesomecopter posted:

Nah, chill on fc / logi anchor, consume command destroyers and / or fast tackle by the dozen.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenothral posted:

Project Discovery can feel like a grind sometimes, but I do it a lot when I'm not doing anything else or not enough people I know are on to roam with, and selling the drugs is a kind of okay way to make money for basically zero risk because they're legal in highsec and sell for 10-20 million apiece.

I wanted to do it but the nazis aren't letting me because I guess it's not the appointed time for science

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Robo Reagan posted:

I wanted to do it but the nazis aren't letting me because I guess it's not the appointed time for science

Strategic Science Fleets.

I admittedly probably wouldn't have much time to do it if I joined a corporation that had more than 10 members.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

:gooncamp:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

awesomecopter posted:

Bubble, die, repeat.

At the end of a night make mad SRP cash.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I emailed the newbies email to see if there is a chance of me getting back in after my previous forums drunk posting spree and subsequent dismissal

Fingers crossed :pray:

Edit: I just checked my API and it looks like I have around 400mil ISK and 60mil SP so I should be able to have a load of fun.

How much is plex going for right now?

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2016

awesomecopter
Aug 16, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

Bubble, die, repeat.

At the end of a night make mad SRP cash.

Unless we are fighting in our staging or at most 1 bridge out, forget about reshipping.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

awesomecopter posted:

Unless we are fighting in our staging or at most 1 bridge out, forget about reshipping.

vfk is a bridge and a few jumps :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Did they manage to get a fleet into VFK yet, or are they still pussying around?

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

https://timerboard.net/Deklein :getin:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

(3:54:25 AM) directorbot: STATE OF THE GOONION - 17:00 EVE TODAY - SARANEN HELLFORM - BE THERE https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/204558-state-of-the-goonion-friday-41-1700-eve/

Dear traitors and bads, we're terribly sorry about the failure of your grand backstab: we're going to spend the next few years tearing each and every one of you to shreds in memory of this bout of hubris. But first, we're going to take your momentum away, your fun away, your pride away, and remind you why inevitably you always fail against us - because we are the meanest, most vicious motherfuckers in the history of this internet spaceship sandbox, and we're only getting nastier with age.

Here's a war tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivP1qYG_tLw See you @ 17:00~

~~~ This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all at 2016-04-01 07:54:16.646591 EVE ~~~

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
My fun can only be taken away when you take my booze :colbert:

brodoyouevengif
Jun 15, 2013

The pubbie blood must flow for le mighty Brodo.

Tusen Takk posted:

How much is plex going for right now?

About 1.08 bil at the moment.

Tusen Takk posted:

Did they manage to get a fleet into VFK yet, or are they still pussying around?

CO2 came in and fully reinforced the system the other day.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Jbz posted:

vfk is a bridge and a few jumps :confused:

You can't chainbridge now because of the fatigue, couple of times will be ok though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope this is related to all the Ares being sold out of Jita atm :ohdear:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfunny Poster posted:

I hope this is related to all the Ares being sold out of Jita atm :ohdear:

That's not the only thing sold out of Jita atm. We've been busy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nietzschean posted:

That's not the only thing sold out of Jita atm. We've been busy.

OH GOD, THE MALE DANCERS?!?!?!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
"But first, we're going to take your momentum away, your fun away, your pride away, and remind you why inevitably you always fail against us"

Made you form up!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Mittani has been waiting for just the right time to burn a director level turncoat and pull The Big Announcement 2.0 just you wait.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plavski posted:

"But first, we're going to take your momentum away, your fun away, your pride away, and remind you why inevitably you always fail against us"

Made you form up!

Dirty Goons, stealing Horde's tactics :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfunny Poster posted:

OH GOD, THE MALE DANCERS?!?!?!

• Locked thread