Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I've had poor luck at most thrift stores in the past few years due to reasons posted here over and over again, but i just found a local liquidation company and holy crap has it been scratching the good deal itch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Nice! I dug a steelcase chair several years ago out of a dumpster and it's still going great.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I have this lamp that I love so much. The shade is boring so I didn't include it

The cashier at the thrift store seemed a little jealous like she wished she'd spotted it first

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I also have this Carol Burnett commemorative plate

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I have this lamp that I love so much. The shade is boring so I didn't include it

The cashier at the thrift store seemed a little jealous like she wished she'd spotted it first

he looks like a nasty little Achewood guy [laudatory]

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I used to have much more thrift store crap but I've purged a lot over the years

The last thing I want to share is not from a thrift store but it sat rolled up in a family member's garage for 20 years before I rescued it

It's hanging in my bathroom

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

After learning a lot about fast fashion I’ve decided to do more praxis dressing myself and am starting down thrifted and vintage stuff, also using it as a way to refresh my wardrobe over time as I’m due for a refresh.

This shirt, I love the huge collar

This corduroy shirt

My wife was furious about how good of a deal this jacket was.

And she just hates this jacket

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I like that kind of find. I go to a clothing thrift store near me and occasionally find really nice stuff. A pair of suede chukka boots with original tags on them, only $18. Two nice pairs of AllBirds shoes, normally $120 ea., only $16 each with original tags. I get my hoodies, sweaters, and underarmour stuff there too, usually $10 or so for like-new stuff.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be normal size and not view the entirety of a thrift store as pointless.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be normal size and not view the entirety of a thrift store as pointless.

Most things in thrift stores are too big for me, but you get lucky sometimes. You just gotta go on the reg and one day you’ll have rolled the dice enough times that you’ll find something you love.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Nothing too crazy today, but on the plus side these were all in the FREE pile!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This deserves a giant old ornate gold frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

~Coxy posted:

Nothing too crazy today, but on the plus side these were all in the FREE pile!

They really just call Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers, Red Dwarf?