Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The bitcoin stock I sold yesterday dropped 7% today so I'm feeling pretty smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

scott zoloft posted:

gary oldsman giving the ripcord on his brain another yank: "actually you are mad"
you might as well revel in how upset you are and really give me what for instead of pretending all your posts on that page never happened. you already did your "you dont even own bitcoins so you should just go away! :qq:" post but how i think you can take it even further

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I think everybody who has strong opinion on the internet coin, needs to stop having strong opinions about it, as it is a retarded and silly phenomenon and symptom of late stage capitalism.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

klafbang posted:

Since butts are neither goods, currency nor shares, that makes you a merchant ship.

but it is a good :downs:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

gary oldmans diary posted:

you might as well revel in how upset you are and really give me what for instead of pretending all your posts on that page never happened. you already did your "you dont even own bitcoins so you should just go away! :qq:" post but how i think you can take it even further

i never told you to go away

i just love to talk about how insanely easy is to make money off of the online crypto-dollar, bitcoin. and if god forbid your personality disorder starts to flare, then so be it. :cool:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

i like how you didnt say you werent a professional trader :mmmhmm:
and you also left an open implication that people who only buy and sell 1 kind of cryptocoin arent real traders
no i didn't, i thought that pointing that out would have been unnecessarily pedantic because of how obvious it is

quote:

look trading is a real job for people who do research into real things that usually arent pyramid scams. my advice pertains to not adding definitions to or stretching usage of words (in this case beyond realistic usage) because that is cultish behavior. like at ground zero when scientologists were fuming at other aid tents because "they have no tech" which sounds like a reasonable statement to them but red flags them as crazy to everyone who hasnt drank the kool aid theyve partaken of. since you occasionally try to make actual arguments im merely trying to help you avoid inadvertently sounding ridiculous by using a term that makes you seem to have an unrealistic sense of the stature of buying and selling bitcoin. in repeatedly reaffirming your status as a "trader" before understanding why i put forth this advice youve sort of just made it worse

tl;dr: dont frontload the crazy in your arguments when youre still trying to convince people of your thing. save that for after youve won them over
lol at this guy who thinks that because i said i trade cryptos it means that i'm claiming to be a professional trader

when i talk about being a runner, clearly i mean that i'm a professional runner on Team USA, not that i sometimes run amateur races as a hobby

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
hold fast, crypto connoisseurs. the coin will rise again.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

scott zoloft posted:

i never told you to go away
oh please

scott zoloft posted:

gary's how come you're pissanting around in another thread about poo poo you don't own, know anything about, or have anything to do with
so many angry tears in your posts last page. a call to not imagine yourself as high-power traders was apparently an ego hit to people who think theyre pioneering the currency of the future

Uranium 235 posted:

no i didn't, i thought that pointing that out would have been unnecessarily pedantic because of how obvious it is

lol at this guy who thinks that because i said i trade cryptos it means that i'm claiming to be a professional trader

when i talk about being a runner, clearly i mean that i'm a professional runner on Team USA, not that i sometimes run amateur races as a hobby
you said you were a trader and a runner but not a professional runner. you unnecessarily explicitly added that to the runner description which presents an implication to what it was compared to

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 10, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Minimalist Program posted:

I think everybody who has strong opinion on the internet coin, needs to stop having strong opinions about it, as it is a retarded and silly phenomenon and symptom of late stage capitalism.

Yea

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

idk man the way you consistently interpret every other person's statements in the most extreme way possible makes me think you're really revved up about this and just projecting that onto others. otherwise i can't explain how hysterical you're getting

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

so many angry tears in your posts last page. a call to not imagine yourself as high-power traders was apparently an ego hit to people who think theyre pioneering the currency of the future
you said you were a trader and a runner but not a professional runner. you unnecessarily explicitly added that to the runner description which presents an implication to what it was compared to
do i have to explain analogies to you? lol

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

just bought a footlong sub with bitcoins today

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you are day trading and you have no competitive advantage over anyone else in the market you're just waiting to get your face ripped off imo but if you're not doing it with your full portfolio then whatever.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

idk man the way you consistently interpret every other person's statements in the most extreme way possible makes me think you're really revved up about this and just projecting that onto others. otherwise i can't explain how hysterical you're getting
oh yeah extreme. i described how his posts fit certain specific criteria of being aggressive whiney snipe posts not engaging in any conversation i was already engaged in which is consistently something people do when theyre upset and have nothing really to argue with. perhaps if thats not the case maybe he would have simply described how it isnt

please dont pretend its far-reaching to think there might be a social dynamic to conversation rather than a pure cut and dry debate just because his posts come across a little desperately angry

Uranium 235 posted:

do i have to explain analogies to you? lol
i literally just explained to you how implicits and explicits work in metaphors ("metaphors")

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

COMRADES posted:

If you are day trading and you have no competitive advantage over anyone else in the market you're just waiting to get your face ripped off imo but if you're not doing it with your full portfolio then whatever.
i started with about 2% of my overall portfolio, the rest is in index funds. we'll see if i get my face ripped off but i'm up so significantly that i doubt it will happen.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

oh please

i've never once considered myself to be a "professional trader" and i've never postured myself to be anyone more than someone who got lucky. :rolleyes:

Uranium 235 posted:

yes.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uranium 235 posted:

you don't have to abandon banking to buy a little bitcoin

however, the bank will abandon you

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

scott zoloft posted:

i've never once considered myself to be a "professional trader" and i've never postured myself to be anyone more than someone who got lucky. :rolleyes:

scott zoloft posted:

gary oldsman's diary have you tried just making free money? it's hella easy.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I sold a buttcoin and now im gonna take my kids to disneyland and buy the private tour so we can cut to the front of all the lines at Christmas. Suck my drat dick ebook goons.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

oh yeah extreme. i described how his posts fit certain specific criteria of being aggressive whiney snipe posts not engaging in any conversation i was already engaged in which is consistently something people do when theyre upset and have nothing really to argue with. perhaps if thats not the case maybe he would have simply described how it isnt

please dont pretend its far-reaching to think there might be a social dynamic to conversation rather than a pure cut and dry debate just because his posts come across a little desperately angry
there's that classic gary oldmans diary hysteria again

quote:

i literally just explained to you how implicits and explicits work in metaphors ("metaphors")
it's an analogy

calling myself a runner doesn't mean i'm calling myself a professional runner, just like calling myself a trader doesn't mean i'm calling myself a professional trader

you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer

THAT'S a metaphor

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 10, 2017

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Themage posted:

however, the bank will abandon you
no it won't

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

are you trying to point out a contradiction or just how drat smart i am

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:iiaca:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Gary Oldman's Diary and Ham Sandwiches should have a baby.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

there's that classic gary oldmans diary hysteria again

it's an analogy

calling myself a runner doesn't mean i'm calling myself a professional runner, just like calling myself a trader doesn't mean i'm calling myself a professional trader
do you understand how implicit an exploits work in comparisons? after stating that you trade and are therefor a trader and run and are therefor a runner you added that you werent a professional runner which was an out of place and superfluous statement except as a contrasting element. are you saying you wouldnt meet the definition of a professional trader?

please give up on understanding analogies vs metaphors. its beyond you

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

EorayMel posted:

Ah great the one sentence white noise guy is here on his weekly visit.

Maybe you can have butt sex (because you're gay, lol, its a comedy website) and have a baby with your posting pal / fellow buttcoin brigade, gary oldmans diary

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

just bought a footlong sub with bitcoins today

76,342 Satoshi
76,342 Satoshi footloooooooog

Hmmm, I think this ad will need some adjusting.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

EorayMel posted:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ah great the one sentence white noise guy is here on his weekly visit.

Maybe you can have butt sex (because you're gay, lol, its a comedy website) and have a baby with your posting pal / fellow buttcoin brigade, gary oldmans diary

I'm more surprised you two have the steam to keep this going tbh.

That's more like it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

do you understand how implicit an exploits work in comparisons? after stating that you trade and are therefor a trader and run and are therefor a runner you added that you werent a professional runner which was an out of place and superfluous statement except as a contrasting element. are you saying you wouldnt meet the definition of a professional trader?

please give up on understanding analogies vs metaphors. its beyond you
holy moly you are stupid

i run, so i'm a runner. when i talk about being a runner, no one thinks i'm saying i'm a professional runner

i trade, so i'm a trader. when i talk about being a trader, no one thinks i'm saying i'm a __________________

any child could get this right. why can't you?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Uranium 235 posted:

i trade, so i'm a trader. when i talk about being a trader, no one thinks i'm saying i'm a __________________

Ron Paul

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i havent talked to ham sandwiches on days or weeks. hes the most lost of all

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

univbee posted:

76,342 Satoshi

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Inept posted:

Ron Paul
well poo poo i guess you're right, no one would think that

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

univbee posted:

76,342 Satoshi

Going from Subway to Bitcoin was much easier than Jared anticipated

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

holy moly you are stupid

i run, so i'm a runner. when i talk about being a runner, no one thinks i'm saying i'm a professional runner

any child could get this right. why can't you?
you explicitly added that you werent a professional runner which you here agree was a strangely out of place statement as no one would assume that about you. this it implies a contrasting element to your previous comparison
again do you not think you fit the definition of a professional trader?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
is any trader a professional trader as long as they made money from it?

if so.... let's reconsider what i said about not posturing myself as a professional.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

you explicitly added that you werent a professional runner which you here agree was a strangely out of place statement as no one would assume that about you. this it implies a contrasting element to your previous comparison
again do you not think you fit the definition of a professional trader?
i think you're the only person here who hasn't correctly inferred the answer to that question

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

scott zoloft posted:

is any trader a professional trader as long as they made money from it?
my definition of a professional trader would be someone who primarily earns a living from trading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
can you not answer the question?

there is no qualifying element to being a professional that you cannot make more money from other sources