Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

dog likes my shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pneub posted:

As soon as they get a light enough power supply figured out, they'll have a poison injector mounted on the front in no time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't worry, Tom Selleck will save us

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1660194578262048770

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Those are termites?

:ohdear:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hirayuki posted:

Those are termites?

:ohdear:

I'm afraid they're already in your computer

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Is this intentional?

(the first two)

(# 2 and 3 I mean)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I saw an art yesterday.

Concrete benches designed to look like mattresses. To be restful, maybe? But they are outside under a tree in a damp climate so of course they are dirty. So they look like grungy old mattresses someone dumped. Incredible illusion of your courtyard being used as a garbage dump. Good job guys.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Weird_AnimaIs/status/1665373844436140033

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What channels does it get? :dadjoke:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

What channels does it get? :dadjoke:

All of them from the looks of it.

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1665671115165794304

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

There's a nail-polish remover that does that. A nail-art YouTuber tested it and was extremely concerned when she remembered the smell from her father's body shop, when he'd strip paint off heavy-duty vehicle parts. But yes, paint it onto your nails! :gonk: (It does look cool as hell, though.)

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Hirayuki posted:

There's a nail-polish remover that does that. A nail-art YouTuber tested it and was extremely concerned when she remembered the smell from her father's body shop, when he'd strip paint off heavy-duty vehicle parts. But yes, paint it onto your nails! :gonk: (It does look cool as hell, though.)

Nail polish remover is just diluted and sometimes scented acetone. You can use it to get superglue off your skin!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Poldarn posted:

Nail polish remover is just diluted and sometimes scented acetone. You can use it to get superglue off your skin!
Yeah, but I'm talking about this stuff:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I saw a Trans Rights Betta at Petsmart the other day, just in time for Pride Month.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

God I love icing

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I saw an art yesterday.

Concrete benches designed to look like mattresses. To be restful, maybe? But they are outside under a tree in a damp climate so of course they are dirty. So they look like grungy old mattresses someone dumped. Incredible illusion of your courtyard being used as a garbage dump. Good job guys.

Where should I post my stuff? It's better.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Has anyone ever tried to make a boat with this sort of waggly-fin propulsion system? Seems like it would be quite useful in areas where marine life could be damaged by propellors. Or is it horribly inefficient?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Compared to one simple rotary shaft with spinning fan blades on the end? Yeah it’s inefficient.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Poldarn posted:

This isn't normal polish remover; it's a heavy duty paint stripper bottled up in nail polish bottles. It's nasty stuff, and the youtuber tested it on her boyfriend before she realized where she recognized the angel from lol

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Stoatbringer posted:

Has anyone ever tried to make a boat with this sort of waggly-fin propulsion system? Seems like it would be quite useful in areas where marine life could be damaged by propellors. Or is it horribly inefficient?

The Soviets did a couple production runs of utility vehicles like this, others have done one-ofs and prototypes like the drone there. Yes, slow and energy inefficient, and the entities who'd pay to get the utility mostly gets helicopters instead. Or Bandvagn 206-ish-es.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

The Soviets did a couple production runs of utility vehicles like this, others have done one-ofs and prototypes like the drone there. Yes, slow and energy inefficient, and the entities who'd pay to get the utility mostly gets helicopters instead. Or Bandvagn 206-ish-es.

METAL GEAR???

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stoatbringer posted:

Just use a jet boat.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

3D Megadoodoo posted:

METAL GEAR???

:actually: you're thinking of the Shagohod which was not, technically, a Metal Gear.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

There weren't any gears on the shaggygrad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

credburn posted:

:actually: you're thinking of the Shagohod which was not, technically, a Metal Gear.

Why the gently caress did you think I put in the question marks?

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Question marks???

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Psycho Mantis?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wow. Aggro much???

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

These are actually very good for the specific thing they were designed for, namely traversing extremally swampy or marshy terrain and deep snow. Like is found in the north of Russia.

Silver John
Sep 30, 2014

-Zydeco- posted:

These are actually very good for the specific thing they were designed for, namely traversing extremally swampy or marshy terrain and deep snow. Like is found in the north of Russia.

Does rn no the issue of it can’t be used on roads or even cross them. Also I think it moved at about walking speed

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I want them in Snowrunner.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

-Zydeco- posted:

Well, was found there.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well, was found there.

They might loose the snow, but as the permafrost starts melting this kind of vehicle is about the only thing that will still work

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/slava__bobrov/status/1665332176928350209

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think he's dead

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Some of that is cartilage. :colbert:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Some of that is enamel. :colbert:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Stoatbringer posted:

Based on nothing, I don't think it would scale up very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Current forum name matches the TMNT cadence (well, as long as you are from an area that pronounces "favorite" with two syllables):

Only registered members can see post attachments!