Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

yes lets blame jazz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Is anyone actually mad? I think it's funny

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

no everyones tongue in cheek

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

i am v mad because i'm at work and can't read about it

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I am primarily an Industrial player, is there a way for me to occasionally jump into PVP/PVE ops in a cheap/disposable ship while still being useful?

I have only a single (omega) character and have been full-time mining/ore reprocessing since the first week or so with all my training going towards mining/reprocessing/industrial ships.

I have a handful of small laser/destroyer-related skills from back when I was doing T4 ratting in a Coercer II.

Would it make sense to keep training small laser/destroyer skills and move into something like a Coercer Navy Issue? Or should I train to fly a non-destroyer ship? Or am I too far behind and should just stick to mining?

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Parker Lewis posted:

I am primarily an Industrial player, is there a way for me to occasionally jump into PVP/PVE ops in a cheap/disposable ship while still being useful?

I have only a single (omega) character and have been full-time mining/ore reprocessing since the first week or so with all my training going towards mining/reprocessing/industrial ships.

I have a handful of small laser/destroyer-related skills from back when I was doing T4 ratting in a Coercer II.

Would it make sense to keep training small laser/destroyer skills and move into something like a Coercer Navy Issue? Or should I train to fly a non-destroyer ship? Or am I too far behind and should just stick to mining?

Yes. Make your industrial base Alikara (just a few jumps from Jita) and then come to Taisy for PvP/E ops. Everything is quite close.

Cruisers are good for solo PvE. But your affinity for destroyers will serve you very well for group PvP & Group PvE (just remember destroyers warp faster and you may have to warp off and come back if you get aggro'd).

This game is only a month old. It's not possible to be too far behind.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Maller and Coercer Navy seem really popular. Maller has a nice tank and goes fast in a straight line. Coercer Navy has an extra mid and better turning.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Coercer Navy Issue is a fun little ship and would be useful for a lot of things. Destroyer command/defense/small lasers will all be useful to train in. On the wiki people have created a guide for fittings that since the hull is free, can be all bought for under 10m.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So within the last hour I was farting around scouting a less traveled area of Vale and came across a compressed ore belt, which provides 10x the minerals as regular ore when reprocessed. Within 20 minutes we have miners and cruisers in system sucking the place dry. Next system over is a level 5 scout site the big ships hit and clear. And apparently at some point we also point and kill a Succubus, an extremely expensive faction frigate. And it all started from a tiny covops. Game is good.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

nakieon posted:

I put together a Probe Covert Ops (lowest sig radius of all covop frigs) with an actual Covert Cloaking Device (40-50m just for the module), took it down to where the chinese corps were farming high level Scouts/Inquisitors in Delve. I was able to arrive to the original warp gate and get to the final room 100% cloaked and manuever myself around without getting decloaked. Doing this, I was able to snag a bunch of blueprints and datacores everytime they finished an inquisitor/scout. This was quite the thrill and started scaring these people away from the systems, would recommend it to anybody who wants to be lazy and steal from others or really just want to play the sneaky covops style despite lack of scanning/exploration.

I'd like to do Deadspace thefts as well but haven't found one that got farmed while I sat patiently.

Unfortunately, I found out that MK3 rig blueprints are locked until Tier 8, but at least I can grow a pile...?

Does looting a can pop cloak?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Good things happen when you can just whistle up a flock of geese.

To you. Not to anyone in the way.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

courtesy of ZiggysDuck

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm a bit behind on the goings and such, why did we move to Taisy? It's not a trading station and seems like an interesting choice for base of operations. I moved my stuff there but just wondering the reason.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Khris Kruel posted:

courtesy of ZiggysDuck

I just screenshot that, Houndumb is the mastermind

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MadMadi posted:

Does looting a can pop cloak?

You cannot loot a can while cloaked, but just like in EO you only get uncloaked when you hit the hitbox of any object at 2 km range, and you can loot cans up to 10 km so you can just sit on the most valuable crate*, wait for the waves to die then pop cloak, loot, warp.

*Be very careful with space debris, SOMETIMES you get uncloaked entering certain complexes because many of these complexes (and they are always the same if its the same type of anom at the same level, like Scout 6 and Inquisitor 6 are different, but every Scout 6 is the same) have ridiculously oversized, untargetable, unobservable space debris or some structure and the hitbox is invisible but still extremely large. So exercise caution if you choose to do this. In addition, if you approach a crate, make drat sure you aren't approaching from where the npcs spawn or where the ratter's drones will orbit around or near these oversized space debris or some asteroid.

Keegers posted:

I'm a bit behind on the goings and such, why did we move to Taisy? It's not a trading station and seems like an interesting choice for base of operations. I moved my stuff there but just wondering the reason.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cdo9Cz70FHlr5K1b_otrFr2f-E1WDHeM_Qisv58W3uY/edit

TLDR: Caldari space has Guristas pirate factions which have modules that sell for up to 50x of anything else. Missile weapon systems and shield items are ridiculously overpriced right now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Keegers posted:

It's a lowsec station adjacent to both nullsec and highsec, it's fairly close to Alikara and then Jita which are both ITCs, the nullsec space it's right next to is extremely valuable and Taisy is one of the only entrances into it so it's easy to control once we start patrolling it.

We've popped like 6 deadspace anomalies since friday night in Tribute (the null region next to Taisy) and by all accounts we're kicking the asses of any pubbies that try to mine there.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Kill faction ships (and post the kill-mail in discord) and you TOO can receive a 3D printed eve ship (of your choice) and a commemorative wood HONK plaque!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Kill faction ships (and post the kill-mail in discord) and you TOO can receive a 3D printed eve ship (of your choice) and a commemorative wood HONK plaque!

drat good job man!

They look so good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo that's so good

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

I need a spinning station reaper

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I want one of those 3d printed thingamajig's even though I'm hanging in a pubbie corp as a "diplomat" for now...oh yeah get that channel up so I can read all the glory that is HONK

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

if I get one I'm going to gorilla glue it to a spinner so I can spin ships irl.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Not that the truth matters in the tankie echo chamber, but the conversation went as follows:

Me: Do you think it's OK to be the internet Gestapo and be digging into peoples' RL?

Kris: yes

Me: Do you know what Gestapo means

Kris: yes

Me: so you're a Nazi

Kris: gently caress you

People not off your meds or engaged in wholesale astroturfing, feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

the gently caress is a gestapo

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Glad you could join the thread

I’ve been meaning to ask, why are you in a racist corp

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Because you either quit the game a hero or poopsock long enough to become the villain, and there's a lot of tears itt. Come at bro

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Excellent I recommend.

I got my nice little Dramiel

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If I ever spaceboat hard enough to earn myself one of those, a coercer to go on my little shelf of weird SA memorabilia would kick rear end.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Khris Kruel posted:

the gently caress is a gestapo

It’s a cold soup made of blended vegetables.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tremek posted:

Because you either quit the game a hero or poopsock long enough to become the villain, and there's a lot of tears itt. Come at bro

This is an extremely bad answer to the question "why are you in a racist corp"

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Kaysette posted:

It’s a cold soup made of blended vegetables.

no, that's gazpacho. a gestapo is an open roofed structure that people relax in. they're usually white and there's a really funny dnd-joke about a player mistaking it for a monster.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tremek posted:

You sure proved us all wrong by *checks notes* stealing from goons and joining a racist corp.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
[POOH] China Man Bad

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I think it's a testament to the quality of leadership we have now that even Tremek barging into this thread to call us all tankies for doing the exact same goon gimmick we've had in every game goons have wrecked just results in a bunch of people joking at his expense.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Colin Mockery posted:

no, that's gazpacho. a gestapo is an open roofed structure that people relax in. they're usually white and there's a really funny dnd-joke about a player mistaking it for a monster.

no that's a gazebo, gestapo is a popular frozen dessert of Italian origin. It is generally made with a base of 3.25% milk and sugar.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

corgski posted:

no that's a gazebo, gestapo is a popular frozen dessert of Italian origin. It is generally made with a base of 3.25% milk and sugar.

No that's Gelato, gestapo is a veined Italian blue cheese made from unskimmed cow milk.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

No, that's Gorgonzola. Gestapo is a class of Mollusks that includes snails, whelks, and slugs.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I thought gelato was the movie with Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

No that's Gelato, gestapo is a veined Italian blue cheese made from unskimmed cow milk.

No thats Gipetto from Pinocchio, Gestapo is a covered hut with no walls.