Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

just want to make this my desktop background for the next three years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

quote:

When the swing to the left became evident, Newhub’s Patrick Gower released the beast within. Results were coming in thick and fast and hard and early, and Paddy was navel deep in a political bloodbath. “It’s blue murder on National’s dance floor!” he cried. “Collins has been crushed! Labour is creaming it!”

Paddy was hitting his second wind. He could barely contain himself when the Waiariki result kept changing before his eyes. “I wanna get tight! I want to do some things!” he shouted. “The geyser went KABOOM! I can’t turn my back! Whoa!”

Kind of sad to have missed this tbh. I saw him dancing at one point in the coverage but couldn't hear anything

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
still funny that the prime minister ended her victory speech with drum & bass classic 'shapeshifter'

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

exmarx posted:

still funny that the prime minister ended her victory speech with drum & bass classic 'shapeshifter'

Ardern rips off a mask to reveal she's actually Tony Blair

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol she says cap gains tax is off the table

This is pathetic

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
this is why we needed labour-greens

sigh

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This is pathetic

real estate be happy

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Davidxvx/status/1317594517105647618?s=19

What are we going to get?

- Work sector agreements
- Hopefully(?) a repeal of three strikes
- Maybe legal weed
- Probably some climate change stuff with 10-15 year implementation plans

Do we think they'll use their huge mandate to do anything that doesn't have broad public support? I actually can't think of something that they've announced to fit the bill.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Repeatedly stating they have a strong mandate but that mandate appears to be keeping people who own two homes happy

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

bike tory posted:

https://twitter.com/Davidxvx/status/1317594517105647618?s=19

What are we going to get?

- Work sector agreements
- Hopefully(?) a repeal of three strikes
- Maybe legal weed
- Probably some climate change stuff with 10-15 year implementation plans

Do we think they'll use their huge mandate to do anything that doesn't have broad public support? I actually can't think of something that they've announced to fit the bill.

If we're extra good she might give us slightly improved dental care without needing to take out multiple loans

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

They will treat it as a mandate to be a softly-softly centrist conservative party and not do anything to spook the National leaning voters who voted for them this time. National will crown a bald, white businessman as their new leader. He will proclaim his dislike for brown people and they will flock back to National. Then the core Labour supporters will be frustrated by the lack of any meaningful action and not bother next election or vote Green.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
you'd hope they'll implement the stuff they promised in 2017 that couldn't get past winston

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This is pathetic

that's not a surprise tho. she's said she'll resign before doing capital gains, wealth tax, or increased super age.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

National: gently caress the poor

Labour: kindly and compassionately gently caress the poor

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

exmarx posted:

you'd hope they'll implement the stuff they promised in 2017 that couldn't get past winston

that's not a surprise tho. she's said she'll resign before doing capital gains, wealth tax, or increased super age.

She should resign then

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Has anyone got a list of outgoing and incoming national MPs?

I know Alfred Ngaro is gone. Chris Luxon is in. Etc

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

bike tory posted:

Has anyone got a list of outgoing and incoming national MPs?

I know Alfred Ngaro is gone. Chris Luxon is in. Etc

kind of clunky but this covers all the winners and losers
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/election-2020-latest-results-party-vote-electorate-vote-and-full-data/5CFVO4ENKNQDE3SICRRNPU5GZM/

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Lost seat:

Harete Hipango
Jonathan Young
Tim Macindoe
Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi
Paulo Garcia
Parmjeet Parmar
Agnes Loheni
Alfred Ngaro
Lawrence Yule
Brett Hudson
Dan Bidois
Jo Hayes
(Jamie-Lee Ross)

Resigned:

David Carter
Alastair Scott
Nathan Guy
Maggie Barry
Sarah Dowie
Nicky Wagner
Anne Tolley
Paula Bennett
Hamish Walker
Jian Yang
Nikki Kaye
Amy Adams
Andrew Falloon

New:

Christopher Luxon
Penny Simmonds
Simon Watts
Nicola Grigg
Joseph Mooney

avoid doorways has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Oct 18, 2020

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I had this spreadsheet on the go.

I might have a few errors due to the excess consumption of alcohol, which is fogging up my brain today because I am now an old man.

https://imgur.com/a/C4XejKU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Repeatedly stating they have a strong mandate but that mandate appears to be keeping people who own two homes happy

their core constituency

Slavvy posted:

National: gently caress the poor

Labour: kindly and compassionately gently caress the poor

their core values

Varkk posted:

They will treat it as a mandate to be a softly-softly centrist conservative party and not do anything to spook the National leaning voters who voted for them this time. National will crown a bald, white businessman as their new leader. He will proclaim his dislike for brown people and they will flock back to National. Then the core Labour supporters will be frustrated by the lack of any meaningful action and not bother next election or vote Green.

he won't need to explicitly state his feelings on brown people because covid will be done by then and all national's core base would have flocked back to them. they'll sweep 2023. left voters will be demotivated, preventing the greens from breaking 5%. chloe will lose auckland central

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Greens not being in government would be good because they won't be tainted with the stench of failure that's coming

I reckon chole will hold auck central in 23

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/SamSachdevaNZ/status/1317661325804273664

so brave!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so tidy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

looking forward to having my entire worldview shattered by her revealing she voted exactly the way the majority of aotearoa did.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

incredible

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
schrödinger's voter

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shane's a dickhead but his regional fund has been legit good for the North. Pretty sad funny that we finally got the investment people have been crying out for and immediately told the guy that got it done to eat poo poo.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Wasn't the PGF just a slush fund without enough accountability that he used to dish out money to his supporters and other people he liked?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I honestly want Jacinda to keep her vote on the referendum to herself, especially if it passes. She doesn't get to claim to be on the right side of history here after that bullshit fence sitting.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Like honestly, who gives a poo poo?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
:neckbeard: MORE :neckbeard: FEMALE :neckbeard: NEOLIBERAL :neckbeard: FENCE SITTERS :neckbeard: IN :neckbeard: PARLIAMENT :neckbeard:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Varkk posted:

Wasn't the PGF just a slush fund without enough accountability that he used to dish out money to his supporters and other people he liked?

If you want to be cynical and some of it probably was, but fundamentally it was a big regional stimulus. All the civil construction/roading/engineering/traffic companies up here are drowning in work thanks to the PGF.

You can search beehive.gov to see all the random poo poo that's been funded, all over the place, not just Northland.

Ratios and Tendency has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Oct 18, 2020

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The PFF was/is a good idea imo, shame Labour have slashed it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Neoliberal neglect and inaction inevitably causes nationalist reaction because demanding favouritism is the only way anything actually gets built.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
PGF might have been a good idea, but it got tainted with the stench of being the Shane Jones Slush Fund For The Cuzzies. Also for my money, too many projects that supported population growth but not economic growth, but without making some much harder decisions about exactly what we export and in what form, that side was probably always destined to fail, much like Kiwibuild. (As talentless as Twyford is, Kiwibuild was a stupid idea right from the start, vastly over complicating “just build a fuckload of houses with government money” which IS working for HNZ)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bike tory posted:

I honestly want Jacinda to keep her vote on the referendum to herself, especially if it passes. She doesn't get to claim to be on the right side of history here after that bullshit fence sitting.

queen material for sure

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

quote:

“I’d like to think NZ has always been a relatively progressive country, even at times when you may have had a centre right government you still see some of those conscience issues coming through,” Ardern said.

I'm upgrading my vague suspicion of ardern to actual hatred and loathing at this point, she's gone full mask off within 24 hours lol

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
select committees are going to be insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
this is the first election since 1996 (the first mmp election) that every party in parliament holds an electorate seat