Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Of course two plebians cannot equal one Litt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Jamey Sheridan looks really old now.

Also looks like his Bell's Palsy is a lot worse since he can't really move half of his face anymore.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jessica talking down to you like that is scary. :ohdear:

:drat:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Jessica talking down to you like that is scary. :ohdear:

:drat:

Jessica is an angry god.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Well, things sure got interesting now.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are you saying I should fire you too? :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Louis to save the day?

Louis to save the day!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scruffy is a good look for Louis.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Louis Goddamn Marlowe Litt :allears:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You don't tell Louis what he can and can't do!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scottie looks like she isn't so much wearing a dress as just a large piece of fabric wrapped around her body.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well, so much for my prediction on this episode. :downs:

Or not.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

For someone whose business it is to know and understand everything, boy does Donna have Scotty all wrong.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
God drat Louis's rant to Jessica in his apartment was AMAZING.

:allears:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
that place has got to be one of the worst law firms ever

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

I have an army of associates I have trained to within an inch of their life! Louis continues to be spectacular.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The guy who played the gambling lawyer (James?), who is that actor? I know I saw him in something else recently, and it's been driving me crazy. IMDB doesn't have the full cast from the episode, either.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Colonial Air Force posted:

The guy who played the gambling lawyer (James?), who is that actor? I know I saw him in something else recently, and it's been driving me crazy. IMDB doesn't have the full cast from the episode, either.
I don't have a real answer for you but I had the same feeling. Do you watch Arrow ?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I didn't understand the gambler plot. Was the guy's idea to extort the law firm for money to cover his gambling debts by threatening to blow up the IPO with a maybe bogus claim? I did like how the whole subplot was a microcosm of a poker game though. The guy kept betting with the amount of money he wanted for a settlement and every time Harvey called him on it, he doubled down and literally doubled his settlement offer. Though the poker game they were at looked like one of those shady back alley organized crime games, so my question is why the mob would allow him to continue accruing debt if they know he doesn't have any money to begin with. From what I understand of criminal games like that, once you're tapped out of cash and start owing them, they start breaking bones until you pay up, not allow you to continue playing on credit.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

not allow you to continue playing on credit.

He's wasn't. He was earning money under the table to crash the IPO from competitors and so: he had enough money for the buy-in, so they let him play, take his 25k and after, he still has just as much 'credit owing' as before, but they're 25k richer because he tried to make a quick buck.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ernie. posted:

He's wasn't. He was earning money under the table to crash the IPO from competitors and so: he had enough money for the buy-in, so they let him play, take his 25k and after, he still has just as much 'credit owing' as before, but they're 25k richer because he tried to make a quick buck.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. I was really confused about what exactly he was doing that was illegal. I don't think they did a very good job of explaining what it was. To me it sounded like Mike really rushed it out and that scene went by too quickly without a clear picture of what was happening. Or maybe I'm just dense, that also could very well be the case.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. I was really confused about what exactly he was doing that was illegal. I don't think they did a very good job of explaining what it was. To me it sounded like Mike really rushed it out and that scene went by too quickly without a clear picture of what was happening. Or maybe I'm just dense, that also could very well be the case.

That's the deal with most of Suits today. We get 5-minute long 'relationship chats' between Mike & Rachel/Harvey & Scotty, and then 20 second expositions on what makes other characters tick. It's not your fault, especially because the scene where they explain what the lawyer was doing wrong had the lawyer explicitly say "I know what it says [in the folder]" cutting off Mike once before it's mentioned again later.

Also, god, I wish Mike & Rachel can stop being a thing. Both of them have been reduced to 'that character in a relationship' and we know nothing about who they are anymore.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Dantes posted:

I don't have a real answer for you but I had the same feeling. Do you watch Arrow ?

I do not.

I was thinking maybe Agents of SHIELD or House of Cards? Definitely some sort of serious/drama thing, not a sitcom.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Colonial Air Force posted:

I do not.

I was thinking maybe Agents of SHIELD or House of Cards? Definitely some sort of serious/drama thing, not a sitcom.

It's Damon Gupton

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Oh!

He was the gay staffer who worked for Santorum on The Newsroom.

Thanks, I never would have gotten that otherwise.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Just caught up on the latest episode and I have to say I wish Mike would have taken the job. That was an easy out for USA to get rid of him in a satisfying manner. The whole, will mike be found out storyline is overplayed by now. Although the preview for this weeks episode does look interesting.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

JRay88 posted:

Just caught up on the latest episode and I have to say I wish Mike would have taken the job. That was an easy out for USA to get rid of him in a satisfying manner. The whole, will mike be found out storyline is overplayed by now. Although the preview for this weeks episode does look interesting.

He has a producer credit. Mike isn't going anywhere. Hopefully they will shelf the "it's a secret :ssh:" plotline for a bit

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Didn't know he produced an episode. Seeing as he isn't going anywhere they really need to get rid of that awful storyline. There's only so many times they can use it and it's a bit overplayed at this point.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Awesome Animals posted:

He has a producer credit. Mike isn't going anywhere. Hopefully they will shelf the "it's a secret :ssh:" plotline for a bit

I thought the secret thing is pretty much dead and buried now that nobody around them works in Harvard (coincidentally) and he's a full bar member due to the hacking.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

I thought the secret thing is pretty much dead and buried now that nobody around them works in Harvard (coincidentally) and he's a full bar member due to the hacking.

Yeah they handwaved it at the last second. DONT WORRY I GOT IT HACKED EASY! Why didn't he get it done earlier if it was so easy?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah they handwaved it at the last second. DONT WORRY I GOT IT HACKED EASY! Why didn't he get it done earlier if it was so easy?

Because that would have been DOUBLE WRONG, and that'd be wrong.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Two wrongs don't make a right.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

PaganGoatPants posted:

The fact that it was easy to do doesn't mean that he's now set for life and can't ever be caught. The whole fake lawyer thing is like the central premise of the show, so I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll go away any time soon. This being a USA show though, it only really rears its head around season/mid-season finales, so we still get most of a season without it being an issue.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

The fact that it was easy to do doesn't mean that he's now set for life and can't ever be caught. The whole fake lawyer thing is like the central premise of the show, so I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll go away any time soon. This being a USA show though, it only really rears its head around season/mid-season finales, so we still get most of a season without it being an issue.

Season 5 Rachel's pregnant, but her dad can tell the baby's not a HARVARD baby. dun dun DUUUUNNNN

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Just watched last week's episode. While the smart thing would have been to take the job, he'd consider himself a "fraud" if he's anything but a lawyer. :v: :rimshot:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Michael Gross has signed up for a recurring role that sounds like its going to be the "main" case next season.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Season Finale time.

Time for a fight OVER NOTHING AT ALL. :allears:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 11, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is like watching a really slow trainwreck.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Erreybody making bad decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

muscles like this? posted:

Erreybody making bad decisions.

Really terrible decisions.

• Locked thread