Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Same as above but ('LR') for lightning rod. I don't know how to boost the power of the refineries and whatnot with the console, but my usual method is to glass saw up infinite blocks before I mustard my infinite sand tool, then use that to get the purifier to infinite so chips are perfectly efficient, then spend about 50 mnp upgrading the furnace since you can get the exponent up by about 7 every mnp that way. Once that's up to infinite it's two clicks to do the same for the extruder and blower. Time lord is probably just ('Time Lord') but I haven't tried it. All you need to do is open a rift and then mash the jump button a couple times in the stat view. Fireproof makes this much easier since you almost always have 0 castles.

*EDIT*
How are you supposed to get lightning rod legitimately, anyway? I've only ever gotten it by accident or by cheating it in with the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Molpy.UnlockBoost('Kite and Key')
Molpy.UnlockBoost('Lightning in a Bottle')

Correct capitalization is necessary.

Oh, wow. I knew the command but I assumed they had an alias and I didn't know it. Guess I should've tried just plugging in their actual names.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

How are you supposed to get lightning rod legitimately, anyway? I've only ever gotten it by accident or by cheating it in with the console.

It's a logic reward while Glassed Lightning is running and you have finite castles/sand. It's really easy to bungle into it the first time around, but the finite sand part makes it hard to get once you start molpying down and have infinite again instantly. The Vacuum Cleaner makes it a lot easier now, you used to have to buy a crate/vault and then really quickly solve a logicat.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Oh cool, single use prizes unlock another single use prize when used.

Why was I using Now Where Was I for the last two Molpys, again?

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

LAY-ZX posted:

Oh, wow. I knew the command but I assumed they had an alias and I didn't know it. Guess I should've tried just plugging in their actual names.

It's a logic reward while Glassed Lightning is running and you have finite castles/sand. It's really easy to bungle into it the first time around, but the finite sand part makes it hard to get once you start molpying down and have infinite again instantly. The Vacuum Cleaner makes it a lot easier now, you used to have to buy a crate/vault and then really quickly solve a logicat.

That's what I thought, but I've just never been able to get it to work. Does your castle count need to be non-zero? Because I never have infinite castles anymore unless I want to, but even mashing that button non-stop I never get lightning rod to hit.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Gus Hobbleton posted:

That's what I thought, but I've just never been able to get it to work. Does your castle count need to be non-zero? Because I never have infinite castles anymore unless I want to, but even mashing that button non-stop I never get lightning rod to hit.

Zero is fine. Mustard is not. Click the beach to build some castles, then buy a crate to mustard your sand, then click the beach to zero your sand, and then use a few Qubes. Expando and pressing (F,5) rather than clicking the beach can make the timing easier. Or you can just make the Question Qube one of your Faves. Turn off Between the Cracks if you have it so that you actually spend your materials. If you know what to do, the LR unlock is actually quite easy in Longpix.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Gus Hobbleton posted:

You have to have non infinite sand/mNP to get blitzing, and LR unlocks when you have GL and then get blitzing. That's why vacuum cleaner was added, to give you a way to get noninf sand rate. Get GL, turn it on, do something that gets you lots of dords with no keys, turn vacuum off. Should cost no more than 10-20 crystals.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Eldercain posted:

You have to have non infinite sand/mNP to get blitzing

This is still untrue. The requirement is to have finite sand. It is possible to have finite sand with an infinite sand dig rate. That said, the vacuum cleaner does make the unlock a lot easier.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

I feel like I'm going to beat the game to T5 prizes before I get to NP 1000 for Vacuum.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

I feel like I'm going to beat the game to T5 prizes before I get to NP 1000 for Vacuum.

It's pretty possible.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Not at the current rate I'm collecting Bonemeal, I'm not.

Is there a trick besides spamming QQs and automatically eating Caged Logicats?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

Not at the current rate I'm collecting Bonemeal, I'm not.

Is there a trick besides spamming QQs and automatically eating Caged Logicats?

At t3 (where it becomes really expensive), Eww will get you plenty of bonemeal if you're actively there.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

What's the code for dealing with CrystalDragon? Molpy.UnlockBoost("CD") or ("CrystalDragon") isn't doing anything.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Try it with single quotes, and/or put a space in between Crystal and Dragon.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
With boosts it almost always works with the full name of the boost (caps matter), so 'Crystal Dragon' should work. Also, in stats view you can see the alias of boosts now.

e: I also threw some more crap in the guide about t2 and beyond. Up to where I am, which is the weird dance of vacuum/blackprint/logicat/crystal.

Is there a place where I'm supposed to be getting thousands and thousands of bonemeal to make fertiliser work? I don't really get it unless the idea is you just have so much automation that you get thousands per mNP

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 4, 2014

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
If anyone's still trying to burn pre-patch logicat levels to make italian plumber show up, it's way faster to build up time lord and get the vacuum for a bunch of panther rushes than it is to just spend cats on dragon forge, which is maybe obvious but took me a while to figure out. Also that sentence is ridiculous.

Eldercain posted:

Is there a place where I'm supposed to be getting thousands and thousands of bonemeal to make fertiliser work? I don't really get it unless the idea is you just have so much automation that you get thousands per mNP
Dev that put it in's been ignoring resets completely so yeah probably. His putting in boosts that mirror reset prizes is also sort of weird but hey at least you still get to flip the blower on and off at t4.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

If anyone's still trying to burn pre-patch logicat levels to make italian plumber show up, it's way faster to build up time lord and get the vacuum for a bunch of panther rushes than it is to just spend cats on dragon forge, which is maybe obvious but took me a while to figure out. Also that sentence is ridiculous.

Dev that put it in's been ignoring resets completely so yeah probably. His putting in boosts that mirror reset prizes is also sort of weird but hey at least you still get to flip the blower on and off at t4.

I found that out about italian plumber too. Then I got it, and it's totally just not as good as having a logicat solver. Sure, it's better with the max puzzles biz but I get up to that in maybe 3 mNP and I'm not even at the first AC level badge. Compare getting 5 rewards and thousands of logicat levels to getting a handful of vault keys per mNP and it's kind of a no brainer. I don't know how anyone's expected to be maxing out dragon forge upgrades by doing a logic puzzle every now and then.

I guess that makes sense. I thought it was weird that we got "now where was I?" after we already had fast forward (which isn't even very hard to get). And Aleph one is a much harder to get but very very slightly buffed between the cracks. Just seems weird to have a dev and coder concerned primarily with a path the game isn't supposed to take.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Don't know why you're expecting plumber to match an autoclicker, I got it the other day and it's a lot nicer than not having it. Blackprint drip is great and so is putting a bullet in that awful lightning rod buildup, also I can afk until I die for some bonemeal.

I thought Now Where Was I was a fantastic addition until I saw it's what the t2 prize should've been - or even as is, a "reusable" fast forward would've been a really nice bonus for filling out t2. Honestly hard to get excited about going into t3 when most of the remaining prizes are currently garbage and when anything that ends up useful is likely to show up in the shop with another name and absurd price tag. Wish those guys were on the same page, it's not the biggest deal but it's weakening the game a bit.

Side note, it blows my mind that people adore a comic that spent roughly seven real-time years making two stick figures walk across a series of lines.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Wow I really hosed up this run - for some reason the glassed lightning thing never showed up, and the glass blower/chiller buildup was taking seven kinds of forever, so I ended up cheating in infinite blocks and chips. Now I just need to wait for the Bag of Holding to unlock again... or I should probably just unlockboost it and skip this run as broken.

Also don't use Unlockboost('GL') because it won't show up from the DORD or Logicats after it shows up in the shops. Whoops.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Part of the problem is that it takes a long time to get to some things that you need to progress, and others come way too late to mean anything. By the time I got tier 1 prizes, they were all obsolete because I already have infinite everything within 10 minutes of molpying down, even without them. Even tier 2 prizes are a complete joke so far. Meanwhile, I'm about 100 hours away from getting the vacuum. If I were to start over from scratch again now, I could probably get every single prize by NP 500, which is about the time the vacuum SHOULD unlock.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OG17 posted:

Don't know why you're expecting plumber to match an autoclicker, I got it the other day and it's a lot nicer than not having it. Blackprint drip is great and so is putting a bullet in that awful lightning rod buildup, also I can afk until I die for some bonemeal.

I thought Now Where Was I was a fantastic addition until I saw it's what the t2 prize should've been - or even as is, a "reusable" fast forward would've been a really nice bonus for filling out t2. Honestly hard to get excited about going into t3 when most of the remaining prizes are currently garbage and when anything that ends up useful is likely to show up in the shop with another name and absurd price tag. Wish those guys were on the same page, it's not the biggest deal but it's weakening the game a bit.

Side note, it blows my mind that people adore a comic that spent roughly seven real-time years making two stick figures walk across a series of lines.

I just turned off void vault because my background blackprint generation is just that much higher. I agree about the autoclicker, but I don't see how you'll ever EVER get anywhere unless they add some way to automate logicats. The only way I'm making any headway at all is with a logicat solver on 24/7, and even then it's painfully slow.

Fast Forward works like Now Where Was I once you have all of t2 since it will just unlock itself when you use it, unless that's changed. If it changed, it's probably because of Now Where Was I. I agree that the split focus is kind of bad for the game overall, but I think ED might be slowing down a little bit. Unless he's working on that massive dragon functionality.

Also I think the idea of a comic that changes over perhaps a week is pretty neat, but like all things xkcd it is an idea taken to the farthest extreme. From what I understand it taxed the poo poo out of the author which is why we have longpix; the rate was unsustainable.

Pidmon posted:

Wow I really hosed up this run - for some reason the glassed lightning thing never showed up, and the glass blower/chiller buildup was taking seven kinds of forever, so I ended up cheating in infinite blocks and chips. Now I just need to wait for the Bag of Holding to unlock again... or I should probably just unlockboost it and skip this run as broken.

Also don't use Unlockboost('GL') because it won't show up from the DORD or Logicats after it shows up in the shops. Whoops.

The lightning boosts are kind of stupid right now and don't work all the time. Easiest to see if they unlock after you get LR and if they don't just unlock kite and key, bottle follows.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Part of the problem is that it takes a long time to get to some things that you need to progress, and others come way too late to mean anything. By the time I got tier 1 prizes, they were all obsolete because I already have infinite everything within 10 minutes of molpying down, even without them. Even tier 2 prizes are a complete joke so far. Meanwhile, I'm about 100 hours away from getting the vacuum. If I were to start over from scratch again now, I could probably get every single prize by NP 500, which is about the time the vacuum SHOULD unlock.

The devs are a bit out of sync with the progression of new players, but for what it's worth they're usually very accommodating of suggestions from their users. You might find that you can get the vacuum unlock pushed back if you make a reasonable argument for it.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Eldercain posted:

The lightning boosts are kind of stupid right now and don't work all the time. Easiest to see if they unlock after you get LR and if they don't just unlock kite and key, bottle follows.

I mean the DORD boost 'glassed lightning', AKA 'what you need to get any decent amount of tools in a run'. Also I found out from loving around and molpying without waiting for bag of holding that you don't keep Stuff from Molding, so thank god it doesn't auto unlock autosave.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pidmon posted:

I mean the DORD boost 'glassed lightning', AKA 'what you need to get any decent amount of tools in a run'. Also I found out from loving around and molpying without waiting for bag of holding that you don't keep Stuff from Molding, so thank god it doesn't auto unlock autosave.

To my knowledge the only requirement for GL is to have 5m chips from clicking, which means you have to have gotten glass mousepy.

I turned off autosave a long time ago because of how many times doing something and discovering it was a bad idea totally hosed me.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Something weird seems to be going on with my UI. Random letters are being doubled - BBag, Scafffold, RRiver, Caastle. It's spreading, too.

Is this some kind of glitch, or some kind of obfuscated gameplay mechanic? I'm not sure which would be weirder.

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

Something weird seems to be going on with my UI. Random letters are being doubled - BBag, Scafffold, RRiver, Caastle. It's spreading, too.

Is this some kind of glitch, or some kind of obfuscated gameplay mechanic? I'm not sure which would be weirder.

It happens intentionally. You can type "typo" (no quotes) in the import dialog to toggle on or off the appearance of typos. The typos will also disappear when the page is reloaded. There is a badge (Typo Storm) for having 1000 concurrent typos, but the rate of typo generation is limited by time progression, so it is one of the last available badges.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Oblivion590 posted:

It happens intentionally. You can type "typo" (no quotes) in the import dialog to toggle on or off the appearance of typos. The typos will also disappear when the page is reloaded. There is a badge (Typo Storm) for having 1000 concurrent typos, but the rate of typo generation is limited by time progression, so it is one of the last available badges.

You also get more badges and the like to get typos in so it's hard early.

I don't know why it happens, it's weird that someone sat down and said "This is a great feature" *codes*

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Is there any reason to do another go around when I have all of the T4 prizes? Because I'm still 70 hours from Vacuum and it looks like it's just idle for blackprints/logic levels/etc currently.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

Is there any reason to do another go around when I have all of the T4 prizes? Because I'm still 70 hours from Vacuum and it looks like it's just idle for blackprints/logic levels/etc currently.

If you didn't buy jolting you can MD to blast up flux crystals before they fix that. Otherwise no.

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
I apologize if these questions have already been answered, but:

Is there a way to get permanent glassed lightning? I'm in late inf/inf working on inf glass, and it seems like big GL numbers are the only way to proceed if I understand what I've read of the thread so far.

Also, is there any chance of getting the (very helpful) OP updated with some newer scripts, like one that works for caged logicats and autorifts, if such a thing exists?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Eldercain posted:

I don't know why it happens, it's weird that someone sat down and said "This is a great feature" *codes*

After one of the early patches, one of the new boosts that had been added had a typo in it. In the patch notes, the dev said he noticed it, but was too tired to fix it and would do so in the morning, and would do "something inadvisable" if anyone reported it in the meantime.

Someone reported it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Coin posted:

I apologize if these questions have already been answered, but:

Is there a way to get permanent glassed lightning? I'm in late inf/inf working on inf glass, and it seems like big GL numbers are the only way to proceed if I understand what I've read of the thread so far.

Also, is there any chance of getting the (very helpful) OP updated with some newer scripts, like one that works for caged logicats and autorifts, if such a thing exists?

Lemme see if I can scrounge up the beachball clicker link.

You can kind of get perma-GL, but it's way late game and involves Italian plumber and/or a clicker and vacuum cleaner. Otherwise you just have to keep tabs on the game and solve a cat every minute or so to keep it going up.

LAY-ZX posted:

After one of the early patches, one of the new boosts that had been added had a typo in it. In the patch notes, the dev said he noticed it, but was too tired to fix it and would do so in the morning, and would do "something inadvisable" if anyone reported it in the meantime.

Someone reported it.

Hahahaha I take it back that's great.

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Anybody know why Seaish upgrade isn't working on my Purifier? I have effectively infinite blocks and I can upgrade it 1 level at a time, but I can't use the seaish upgrade to bump it up at all; the button does nothing. I can Seaish upgrade all the others just fine.

*EDIT*
Spontaneously fixed itself :shrug:

This just happened to me as well. I guess my glass saw will probably be at inf by the time I wake up tomorrow, so hopefully that solves it.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Changed the autoclicker link in the OP. Currently with the new update it is broke for most things but they usually have ok turnaround.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

I'm an awful person with no self control who is running both Sunny Beach and Beachball.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
And of course as soon as I paste beachball into the OP the dev says it's his last update and it's done unless someone else takes over. HURP

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Hey another update got pushed out with the worst possible formatting for the Logicats and it broke everything again!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

Hey another update got pushed out with the worst possible formatting for the Logicats and it broke everything again!

Yeah I wouldn't update unless it bug fixed a problem you were having. I did it because badges :(

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

Actually, apparently Beachball is fixed so enjoy your idling for blackprints once again.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

Actually, apparently Beachball is fixed so enjoy your idling for blackprints once again.

I'm actually at like WWWW just from having around 3m vacuums. It's only Logicat levels and vacuums that are kind of a bitch to get

e: of course my phone doesn't know the term 'Logicat'

Feline Mind Meld fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 14, 2014

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

So, what do I do? I get that I need to Void Vault to get Black Prints, but how do I significantly increase my Flux Crystal production? I only get about 50-59 Time Lord increases per ONG, which seems like nowhere near enough to do anything useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Carados posted:

So, what do I do? I get that I need to Void Vault to get Black Prints, but how do I significantly increase my Flux Crystal production? I only get about 50-59 Time Lord increases per ONG, which seems like nowhere near enough to do anything useful.

I don't use void vault, I find it to be far inferior to void starer and the vacuums it use, while not significant, aren't trivial yet either. I use void starer and just let vacuums pile up for a while if I need blackprints. I'm currently orders of magnitude ahead of what I can use.

I alternate between letting bonemeal run and spamming this sucks level ups, and running a logicat clicker and leveling panther rush. If you get fertilizer and manage to get about 5-10M of it, you will exponentially increase your flux crystal production. Which doesn't actually end up mattering that much right now because flux crystals don't actually DO anything other than let you get more of them. Unless you get infinite, I guess. Then they give you a kind of crappy boost for vacuum production. I think the real goal right now is to get your AC to the Planck limit, and once you're there to hit inf blackprints/crystals and start hoarding bonemeal/logicats/vacuums for whatever the next step is. All while working towards your maps. I forget where you end up with 200 but it's 2700 or something? I just got to 2101 for the badge and I'm at 70 or 80something I think.

Mostly you just want to be well stacked so you can abuse something powerful when it comes out before it is nerfed. Unless when the dragon stuff comes out it is huge, there isn't much more to the game. Which is fine since you can just let it run a la cookie clicker and play it when there is an update.

• Locked thread