Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Really? I remember the lore being different. But then again it's difficult to really read up on it unless you have the gamebooks/the guide to glorantha due to the lack of any good consolidated sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ChaseSP posted:

Really? I remember the lore being different. But then again it's difficult to really read up on it unless you have the gamebooks/the guide to glorantha due to the lack of any good consolidated sites.

it really is remarkable how little information there is on the internet, as someone who's followed these threads and tried to google things, considering how basically every other fantasy property in existence is exhaustively documented online.

the glorantha wiki seems like it's purposefully vague, even.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

eke out posted:

the glorantha wiki seems like it's purposefully vague, even.

I feel like the Glorantha wiki is acting as an index for people who already know the setting extremely well, but yeah, it's like looking up World Two and getting, like, five bullet points, one of which is "Manhattan Project successful," and not only is there no article for "Manhattan Project," it's not even a dead link.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I recall there being a diffuse fanpage network that predates the whole wiki concept, which has since fallen into disrepair.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Yeah, the problem is that a lot of the setting is old enough that it pre-dates the concept of wikis, and I'm not sure how much it's actually been updated in recent years. I know the Guide to Glorantha came out a few years back and has a lot of info, but there's still stuff that's only found in some random sourcebook from 1995 and poo poo like that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

ChaseSP posted:

Really? I remember the lore being different.

The clay mostali were created as mass grunts in the gods war to replace losses, it’s only after the Spire explodes that they’re basically all that’s left.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, there is, I think a true mostali in this game, which is more than you'd see in any future era.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheers for keeping this thread going guys :unsmith:

This was my trip home a few days ago, as I was driving towards the nightmare hell inferno

Here was my drive today (Which is still very smokey)

tl;dr just been dealing with the fires + been very sick with respiratory issues.

Update will likely happen tomorrow now that I can actually breath inside my own home again without hacking up a lung
Weekend could get extremely hosed with the city sized fire next to me, so looking forward to that :suicide:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
actually I think those fire demons are going to play up tomorrow, let alone the weekend

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

NewMars posted:

Sorry to say, but neither of these are true: they're both made of rock/clay, being not the true mostali and you can in fact, trade with them.

Possibly. There is a reason you can pick dwarves as your ancient enemy after all.

As for what you need to do to win the game, as asked elsewhere, it is probably best to either ask in the proper thread or look it up. All I will say is that it isn't what you do in the other game, but it isn't 100 percent dissimilar. Also kudos on making a succesful clan happen, I always tend to get really low on most everything after a while as I try to spend like I did in KoDP.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Cheers for keeping this thread going guys :unsmith:

This was my trip home a few days ago, as I was driving towards the nightmare hell inferno

Here was my drive today (Which is still very smokey)

tl;dr just been dealing with the fires + been very sick with respiratory issues.

Update will likely happen tomorrow now that I can actually breath inside my own home again without hacking up a lung
Weekend could get extremely hosed with the city sized fire next to me, so looking forward to that :suicide:

Dark Time comin'

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Possibly. There is a reason you can pick dwarves as your ancient enemy after all.

As for what you need to do to win the game, as asked elsewhere, it is probably best to either ask in the proper thread or look it up. All I will say is that it isn't what you do in the other game, but it isn't 100 percent dissimilar. Also kudos on making a succesful clan happen, I always tend to get really low on most everything after a while as I try to spend like I did in KoDP.

Got a link to that thread? I need some help.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Negative Entropy posted:

Got a link to that thread? I need some help.

i think this is it

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The biggest difference I remember is the combat. You want use tactics suitable to the bunch of horse archers you are, so it plays out differently than KODP. I can't really remember any specifics though I played this right when it came out then put it away waiting for the next chapter. Still waiting.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Game Over
Return of Shargash

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Infinitum continues his record of killing his own LPs

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I assumed he choked to death on Malia's farts.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Malia probably wouldn't use something like fire to make you sick, even by extension.

But that does bring up a good question, who is the god/goddess of uncontrolled fires? Old Fire? Aether Primolt?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A bug broke my save and now this game doesn't work anymore. Maybe that happened to the OP.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

evilmiera posted:

Malia probably wouldn't use something like fire to make you sick, even by extension.

But that does bring up a good question, who is the god/goddess of uncontrolled fires? Old Fire? Aether Primolt?

There is no god of uncontrolled fires. Uncontrolled fires are actually a spirit called oakfed.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

More likely WoW. OP is kind of into it big.

Or just bailing on us for work/family stuff, because that's more important than asking people on the internet for votes.

E: oh yeah, and the everything on fire near them, that probably played a part.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

evilmiera posted:

NewMars posted:

There is no god of uncontrolled fires. Uncontrolled fires are actually a spirit called oakfed.

yeah the main thing you'd worship a fire god for is to have fire Controlled. There is Oakfed though, who is a very powerful spirit of Wildfire. He got a lot of worship in the Great Darkness for warmth when the sun was dead, which mostly constituted logging and burning poo poo. Everyone respects him and it's kinda tied to a lot of other fire gods, but it's not something you'd worship outright unless you're very weird.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

NewMars posted:

Looking at Glorantha stuff he seems to be a God, but then Raven is a spirit and Eurmal possibly isn't so that makes....sense?

Anyhow that does bring up a good point. Are there any recognized larger groups that only worship/placate spirits, not Gods?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

evilmiera posted:

It's not normal fire, it's sick people butt fires.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

evilmiera posted:

Looking at Glorantha stuff he seems to be a God, but then Raven is a spirit and Eurmal possibly isn't so that makes....sense?

Anyhow that does bring up a good point. Are there any recognized larger groups that only worship/placate spirits, not Gods?

Praxians, Doraddidi and Hsunchen are major cultures that only engage in spirit worship. Sometimes people think that Doraddidi and Praxians worship gods, but that's only because they don't know that a god can be a spirit or a spirit a god, too.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Beyond cultural groups, I don't think there's any major empires that were spirit centered. The other major sources of magic - the infinity rune, sorcery, divinity, and chaos/moon - have all been used as the core power source of major empires, but I don't think there's any world-threatening political groups that rely principally on spirits, depending on how you parse Harrek.

That's more a question than a statement, because I feel uncertain. Have there been any great political powers where spirit magic was the core of how they powered themselves? The closest I can think of is the god-learners and The Sea Of Flame, but that's really an instance of them using sorcery to hamfist spirits into doing stupid poo poo.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think you have the Puljeg vampire bat empire in Palmatea, they are a tributary empire but an empire nevertheless.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Spirit magic freely crosses into all cultures, because spirits are everywhere and even the wizards have to admit they're real and need a way to deal with them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Spirit magic freely crosses into all cultures, because spirits are everywhere and even the wizards have to admit they're real and need a way to deal with them.

Well, the question was more "which larger culture don't have/recognize gods but do deal with spirits". There's a few ready examples of smaller tribes (like a few dozen to a hundred people or so) that I know of, but I wasn't aware of many larger scale groups. And most of those tended to not live in cities or make much of a fuss for the world at large. Praxians being one of those exceptions is nice to know.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Most of the Hsunchen societies are primarily spirit worshipers, the Rathori bear people and Uncoling reindeer people are solid examples of large groups that are primarily spirit based though the Hsunchen have never been much for forming giant world ending culture blocks so they don't tend to get a ton of focus.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Well, the question was more "which larger culture don't have/recognize gods but do deal with spirits". There's a few ready examples of smaller tribes (like a few dozen to a hundred people or so) that I know of, but I wasn't aware of many larger scale groups. And most of those tended to not live in cities or make much of a fuss for the world at large. Praxians being one of those exceptions is nice to know.

Yeah, it's very loose. Big enough spirits tend to get worshiped like gods, and the major spirit magic users also tend to have gods. The Praxians have their chief god and heroic ancestor Waha the Butcher, who they interact with both as a major spirit that can give charms and as a god that can give rune magic. (In HeroQuest game terms, Waha has the Death, Mastery, and Spirit runes.)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

More likely WoW. OP is kind of into it big.

Or just bailing on us for work/family stuff, because that's more important than asking people on the internet for votes.

E: oh yeah, and the everything on fire near them, that probably played a part.

Shits on fire yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I am ready for a miracle. The miracle of an updated LP.