Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
are there any other squidwards i should know about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Your Personal Muse posted:

I also have a way to prevent nks

...Well this makes me want to vote salad less today.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

...Well this makes me want to vote salad less today.

Opop is probably just an SK then, yeah?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oops all docs, huh

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m not a doc, please don’t put in the newspaper that I’m a doc

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.
When do we find out about raffle results?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I think we should kill Toadsmash.

Feel like he was trying to imply that Egalz can clear him more than she actually can. Also haven't liked any of their cases

##vote toadsmash if i wasn't doing that already

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Opop is probably just an SK then, yeah?

##vote opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My tmor case is that he resisted the Josef kill yesterday, mainly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Killing me is stupid even if you think I'm an SK. If we get the last scum and the game doesn't end then by all means, but right now you're trying to cut your best assets because you think it might maybe be a bad thing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
jesus christ, finally someone has posted a reason to vote for me

my rebuttal: have you consider that toad fosed josef and yet didnt vote for them either

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah but I get a more townie vibe off toad

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also it seems like toad and tmor are claiming very similar roles, and tmor didn't seem to think that was suspicious

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the fact that theyre so similar is why im not suspicious. feels like my role is a slight variation so if toad dies early, we arent just screwed without protection.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote opop sure, let's do something i'm feelin like this is getting a bit stagnant

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

oh but for god's sake this time someone tell me the actual name of your action so i can make good things happne

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Killing me is stupid even if you think I'm an SK. If we get the last scum and the game doesn't end then by all means, but right now you're trying to cut your best assets because you think it might maybe be a bad thing

the bravado is feeling gimmicky at this point, and not in a town way

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

shwinnebego posted:

oh but for god's sake this time someone tell me the actual name of your action so i can make good things happne

What happens if this happens, again?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

shwinnebego posted:

And would Opop killing you tonight impair it?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

Can you guess no action?

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Because I can make it really easy. And then we can be friends

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

And would Opop killing you tonight impair it?

Yes it would extremely impair it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

EGalz18 posted:

Because I can make it really easy. And then we can be friends

Nah it doesn’t work that way

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

So I guess we are foes :(

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think I haven’t said yet and uh, I still don’t wanna say. I might have already implied so whatever

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

It’s a power that scum are best not knowing exactly how it works. If I full claim you will instantaneously see why.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

shwinnebego posted:

So I guess we are foes :(

Womp womp

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I think I'm still good with Salad or YPM today. I don't trust Shwinn but I assume they'll die?

And Opop tomorrow is good enough.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Is there anyone Salad shouldn't get a positive on? Probably EGalz. Maybe Shwinn?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

No because Josef's flip makes no sense if there's no seer. I have an action at night but I don't get to choose my target at all.

Tired Moritz posted:

anyway, im an ecco doc/bodyguard. I pick to pick 5 or half of the thread rounded down. I select half of the game to protect, if anyone within the list is targeted with a NK from someone outside, I will protect them. if someone in the list NKed someone else in the list, I will bodyguard them (and thus die). if there's any other situation, I will random visit someone in the list.

n1: Toadsmash
EGalz18
JosefStalinator
Maerlyn
Mr. Humalong

action failed, presumably because I tried to doc hum who was probably the jailed kill?

n2:
shwinnebego
Toadsmash
Saladscooper
Opopanax

action was successful. idk how it works with whatever maerlyn did anyway

This read weirdly to anyone else?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Eh I guess it makes sense.

I'd go Toad today too I think.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

shwinnebego posted:

I think we should kill Toadsmash.

Feel like he was trying to imply that Egalz can clear him more than she actually can. Also haven't liked any of their cases

##vote toadsmash if i wasn't doing that already

this is the exact opposite of what i actually said and quite the logic leap given egalz having REPEATEDLY mentioned in thread she herself is still suspicious of me since most of the events i discussed in that claim. i'm rusty and bad, but bad enough to assume that a player who's been actively suspicious of me is going to pipe up in my ? i ain't the only one with the problematic cases!

shwinne beating this dead horse over and over by way of ostensible contribution all day isn't giving me warm fuzzies either

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

mafia edit: *is going to pipe up in my defense?

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

I'm not voting Salad today outside avoiding a no lynch, I don't think. TMor's claim seems so bizarre I can see a twist of a scum or a town role, so it doesn't give me strong feelings one way or another

CubicalSucrose posted:

I don't see how that squares with his claim

Tired Moritz posted:

jesus christ, finally someone has posted a reason to vote for me

my rebuttal: have you consider that toad fosed josef and yet didnt vote for them either

If you read my post history, I think my D1 targets were pretty well backed up by my posting. If you don't believe me about not having been here when you guys hammered Josef on D2, welp.

People being willing to lie about IRL poo poo getting in the way as a scum play is a dark road I'd rather not go down

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toadsmash posted:

I'm not voting Salad today outside avoiding a no lynch, I don't think. TMor's claim seems so bizarre I can see a twist of a scum or a town role, so it doesn't give me strong feelings one way or another

I don't see how that squares with his claim

If you read my post history, I think my D1 targets were pretty well backed up by my posting. If you don't believe me about not having been here when you guys hammered Josef on D2, welp.

People being willing to lie about IRL poo poo getting in the way as a scum play is a dark road I'd rather not go down

Why won't you vote salad today?

[Unrelated to this game or anything in particular - SAMaf players more or less don't lie about IRL stuff. It should generally be read as non-alignment-indicative if someone mentions something.]

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

##unvote

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

EGalz18 posted:

I didn't mean to imply that it was a negative action. I'm just trying to figure out who's messing with my house

I suppose Shwinn might be doing something weird.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

This might be an unsupported avenue, but ##vote shwinn

From what he's shared, his role seems almost impossible without a bank of potential actions that other players might use, and he ignored me twice before when I asked about how "shot in the dark" his abilities were, even though it didn't seem like providing clarification would give anything more away in the thread then him just asking people to tell him their actions.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

EGalz18 posted:

From what he's shared, his role seems almost impossible without a bank of potential actions that other players might use, and he ignored me twice before when I asked about how "shot in the dark" his abilities were, even though it didn't seem like providing clarification would give anything more away in the thread then him just asking people to tell him their actions.

Opop - what do you do at night, if Shwinn gets elim'd today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

CubicalSucrose posted:

Why won't you vote salad today?

[Unrelated to this game or anything in particular - SAMaf players more or less don't lie about IRL stuff. It should generally be read as non-alignment-indicative if someone mentions something.]

He is probably my most unambiguous town read after Egalz. I was pretty down on him D1, but I've had nothing but good vibes since.

Of course, we can see how that went with Josef. :eng99:

EGalz18 posted:

The case for not lunching Shwinne today was to let Opop deal with him, which I think is a pretty good one. Caveat: I strongly suspect the redirector we probably still have floating around is scum or they would have claimed by now, so that's not entirely bulletproof?