Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Hey I just reinstalled and since the highest dude I ever got was 20 (kept getting pulled to other games almost immediately), I'm determined to go balls in and hit 50 on something, but I'd like to make a new char cause...well I have no idea what I was doing on those others. It's probably not necessary to start over, but y'know.

Anyways, I'd probably go nightblade or some kind of sorc, and as I understand it stamblade has higher dps? And if I screw something up or decide I like magblade more theres a way to reset that at end game?

Also, how much should I worry about racials with the coming changes in 2019?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
The full patch details are here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Have to scroll down a bit, might be easier to use ctrl f to find your race.

Am I reading this right that Khajiit will be harder to detect in stealth now if you have all passives? Hope so, sneaking is what I like to do most in the game.

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

can i get an invite @adonro thanks!

zjentohlauedy
Feb 27, 2006

Bad sportsmanship. A ruthless minority of people seem to have forgotten good old-fashioned virtues. They just can't stand seeing the other fellow w

RoryGilmore posted:

can i get an invite @adonro thanks!

Cool Buff Man posted:

On the US server, would anyone mind sending me an invite? @bringo322

Thanks in advance!

Invited both of you.

a dope wizard
Sep 6, 2010

"weed owns" - me, 2010
Someone invite me? @Futapal

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Haha your name is futa, hahahaha.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

a dope wizard posted:

Someone invite me? @Futapal

getting an account not found message

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Ineptitude posted:

So ive been eyeballing the Spell Strategist set but not doing anything about it due to the ludicrous prices of some of the items. I only looked at slots where i did not have Julianos, which meant i saw Spell Strategist prices for weapons and jewellery.

Anyways, i discovered that Julianos also exists in a bunch of slots AND that if you use 2 of the same ring it counts twice for set bonuses, which means that i can use Spell Strategist Helm, shoulder, waist, gloves, boots which are really cheap slots, and Julianos chest, legs, necklace, ring, ring, AND Maelstrom Staff and get both the 5 piece bonuses.

I am looking to increase my damage output in general, but am not interested in "proc" sets as i have always hated that mechanic. I want a continuous good bonus, not a occasional big one (which will never line up with solo questing enemy health bars anyways)

Would 5 piece Julianos and 5 piece Spell Strategist be good? Are there other sets that are better? (That would be in the same ballpark of effort to acquire)

I realise the Maelstrom weapons are hard to get so that will be my long term goal.

If you want really good, consistent damage output for overworld and solo content you wanna get Mother's Sorrow and something like Grothdarr or Valkyn Skoria to go with your Julianos. Keep things simple and get MS in jewels and a staff (which is, admittedly, pretty expensive). That setup, however, transfers quite easily to any and every magicka spec I can think of so it makes for a good investment.

You'd pay easily twice as much for Spell Strat and get way less benefit out of it in your case. Spell Strat is pure single target, basically a boss-nuking set.

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Degs posted:

Hey I just reinstalled and since the highest dude I ever got was 20 (kept getting pulled to other games almost immediately), I'm determined to go balls in and hit 50 on something, but I'd like to make a new char cause...well I have no idea what I was doing on those others. It's probably not necessary to start over, but y'know.

Anyways, I'd probably go nightblade or some kind of sorc, and as I understand it stamblade has higher dps? And if I screw something up or decide I like magblade more theres a way to reset that at end game?

Also, how much should I worry about racials with the coming changes in 2019?

You can respec stats and skill points in any major city for a small gold cost. You also get a set of respec scrolls around level 42ish (I forget).

There's also Champion Points past level 50, which seemingly go up forever, but gear is capped at CP160 and you can only invest up to 750 points into those passives.

From what I've seen of the racial passive changes, they're going to bring every race more in-line with eachother, but realistically, you should just pick a race that looks cool and go nuts.

a dope wizard
Sep 6, 2010

"weed owns" - me, 2010

Scyantific posted:

getting an account not found message

Probably because I put my character name and not my userid since I'm really dumb: @aaolson92 sorry about that

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Honestly, and Ice Blockade warden would be your best bet here. poo poo is extreme cancer in the current meta because of the snares they put out. If you want a zoo, though, magsorc is still your go-to.

Orrrrrr you run ice wall and icy thunder on your pet sorc in bgs with an infused stave and and frost enchant. Every able bodied goon should go make a cryo zoo sorc and queue for battlegrounds. just left click em and hit em with the icy flex until the uninstall

:smugdog:

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
LOL or that, too, yeah.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alternatively, roll a magicka nightblade and join our anti-siege platoon. Enough meteors and flame reach spam and we can obliterate any siege line.

:black101:

unidef freeman
Sep 18, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Is it plausible to get through end game using a PC hooked up to a TV and a PS4 controller? including raids and dungeons?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Except for communicating and managing add-ons (most of which are usable with gamepad mode but can't be configured in it), you should be fine. Definitely plan on using discord chat for trials (raids) and harder dungeons, though.

The great M
Sep 10, 2010

The prince.

And then you.
Is there still a EU guild? Just started playing the game and would love an invite.

@affwaff

monkfoot
Jul 21, 2007
Whoops
I’m on the NA server. Can I get an invite?

@monkfoot

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I played this game about a year ago and preordered Summerset since at the time it gave a free copy of Morrowind/Morrowind wasn't on ESO+. Is it worth coming back to play through that expansion? I didn't hear great things about it at the time and I'd already stopped playing when it had finally come out.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

RPZip posted:

I played this game about a year ago and preordered Summerset since at the time it gave a free copy of Morrowind/Morrowind wasn't on ESO+. Is it worth coming back to play through that expansion? I didn't hear great things about it at the time and I'd already stopped playing when it had finally come out.

I just started playing the game this month so I can't attest to how Summerset compares to Morrowind or the base game but as a stand alone I'm having a ton of fun in Summerset. I'm enjoying the story and the side quests and the environment looks amazing. In other games I usually just spam through quest text but in Summerset I've been taking the time to go through every dialogue option. I'd recommend giving it a go.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Jesus, my game says it's going to take 12 hours to patch. Is this some issue with my install, or do their "base game improvements" really mean re-downloading half the game files?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Happened to me, too. Had to download 65 gigs which, in the backwoods hellhole that's Australia, isn't fun.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It was initially Steam wanting to patch the game. On my lunch break I discovered that the download hosed up and stopped... when I restarted, it said it would take 20 hours. Managed to circumvent Steam and launch the game launcher, which wanted to "repair." Four hours later it's at 23%. My internet sucks so this is rough. Is there even supposed to be a patch today?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Oh you got it through Steam?

Steam downloads a real old version of the game. I think from 2014? The download through the launcher is literally every patch since then.

awox
Aug 21, 2015
luv2club
Going to give this game a try again, what are some must-have addons?

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

All right who is excited for Knights of the Nine Wrathstone!

Mike Finnigan, ESO’s Dungeon Lead posted:

We actually borrowed quite a bit from Oblivion’s dungeon before making adjustments to fit our story. There is even a boss fight that is VERY similar to one that was in the original game.

:sterv::hf::toot:

Dunno how Meridia is gonna feel about all this.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I have my Steam and ESO accounts linked, but when I bought 3 months of ESO+ through Steam, and it went through, it isn't being reflected on my ESO account page. My ESO account page is still saying my ESO+ is expired, click here to renew or whatever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens

3 name/race change tokens coming for free with Wrathstone, in addition to a sale on tokens shortly after launch.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Related - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...and-final-score

Have no idea how accurate the results and conclusions are though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Fried Sushi posted:

Related - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.c...and-final-score

Have no idea how accurate the results and conclusions are though.

Eh, looking at how drastically the highs and lows differ even accounting for things like crit chance, whoever was parsing doesn't seem consistent. There are 5-6k difference between parses with the same class and gear. I wouldn't read too much into it personally.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi do those deals to buy eso plus off site for super cheap still exist? And If I wanted to start a new character whats a really good glass cannon type char?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

Hi do those deals to buy eso plus off site for super cheap still exist? And If I wanted to start a new character whats a really good glass cannon type char?

Has eso+ ever been cheaper off-site? I thought Steam/ZOS website prices were the same. I would assume it's the same everywhere else.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

JadaX posted:

Has eso+ ever been cheaper off-site? I thought Steam/ZOS website prices were the same. I would assume it's the same everywhere else.

There used to be like 3 months for 20 bucks and deals like that on shady websites.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

There used to be like 3 months for 20 bucks and deals like that on shady websites.

Ok that's a pretty big discount. How did I not know about this.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Just a quick lore question - if humans are 'man' and elves/orcs are 'mer', what are Argonians and Khajiit?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Starshark posted:

Just a quick lore question - if humans are 'man' and elves/orcs are 'mer', what are Argonians and Khajiit?

Superior. :smug:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Argonians are super complicated and I don't have time to go into it now but the game seems to lump them both into "beast races".

Otherwise yes, also orcs are the best elves.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i thought the beast races were also a mer subtype, but idk where i heard that.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Inflammatory posted:

i thought the beast races were also a mer subtype, but idk where i heard that.

According to some lore Khajiit are just Elves altered by Azura to be cat-like and have different forms according to the Moons.

Argonians are just straight-up unrelated to any of the other species because they're pretty much regular lizards the Hist went super-science on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

There's some debate as to whether or not they are powered by daedric souls specifically or some other kind of soul that gets channeled by the hist.

Oh no, now I'm thinking about that loving quest with the one daughter and my heart is broken all over again.