Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
you're like 4000 years old don't waste the few movies you have left on this bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Regular Wario posted:

marvel wouldnt let george based most of the movie in a desert

Kevin Feige during press interview would be like "holy poo poo it's a big dry outdoor place with sand, and this guy just direct a movie right there! Amazing!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
George Miller’s Secret Wars

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
it's bad enough that barry jenkins is making a goddamn lion king. stop feeding creatives to the disney thresher.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Regular Wario posted:

marvel wouldnt let george based most of the movie in a desert

I dunno if the joke is that Thor 1 took place mostly in the middle of a desert.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

To be a fly on the wall when Disney tells George Miller that they have people to direct the action scenes for him.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I dunno if the joke is that Thor 1 took place mostly in the middle of a desert.

that was an american desert and does not count

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Also not Disney.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

High Warlord Zog posted:

https://twitter.com/HollywoodHandle/status/1789425008491598066

George, I think I speak for everyone when I say: I'd rather you didn't make this.

He's been wanting to make a superhero movie since his aborted Justice League Of America film. The one where Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

If he wants to spend his time making Thor 5, let him.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Young Freud posted:

He's been wanting to make a superhero movie since his aborted Justice League Of America film. The one where Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

There was a brief point where he was going to do Batman/Superman World's Finest movie too or maybe his Justice League project turned into that before it wasn't happening. Either way, I trust in George Miller. Like I can't imagine not being excited for his take on superhero characters.

That said, I really doubt Marvel would go for it or, if they did, I predict a Nia DaCosta situation where he's checked out before production is even finished because Marvel/Disney or for it to get so many reshoots it's not really what he wanted.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Young Freud posted:

No.

I can't imagine being excited for anyone's take on superheros in 2024 unless you were born like 9 years ago.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

George Miller doing Norse mythology sounds loving badass, though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would like George Miller's Thor

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would like George Miller's Thor

As long as Disney didn't get in the way and make him make it generic marvel slop.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Do the obvious thing and have Miller do the apocalyptic future from BvS/Snyder's Justice League.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No more pls.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The slop machine makes slop. It doesn't make non-slop.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Not to be too cynical but the promotion for this film is "it's a vanity project and I admit it, come watch if you like me and chill out!" right?

It is but it’s Chris Pine so I can’t say it’s not working on me

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Bar Crow posted:

The slop machine makes slop. It doesn't make non-slop.

Even if you’re not nuts about him, Edgar Wright had enough pull to be a notable change of pace for the slop machine, and they couldn’t abide him wanting to make a summer movie cheeseburger. Out he went, and while there were a few identifying markers to suggest a hamburger was planned, fans got the slop they were used to. If Sam Raimi couldn’t help but make slop for Disney, in little time George Miller would also find himself haplessly slinging poo poo on the slop farm.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

dr_rat posted:

As long as Disney didn't get in the way and make him make it generic marvel slop.
Well that would definitely happen.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Hasturtium posted:

Even if you’re not nuts about him, Edgar Wright had enough pull to be a notable change of pace for the slop machine, and they couldn’t abide him wanting to make a summer movie cheeseburger. Out he went, and while there were a few identifying markers to suggest a hamburger was planned, fans got the slop they were used to. If Sam Raimi couldn’t help but make slop for Disney, in little time George Miller would also find himself haplessly slinging poo poo on the slop farm.

The existence of non-slop is a threat to the slop machine. There can be be no alternatives. Being the worst doesn't matter when all other choices are removed.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

George Miller can do a Thor movie if he wants. That would be cool. The character is public domain. It doesn’t have to be a Marvel film.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

A) IMDB says it's in production

B) Pretty sure George knows he's kinda on the clock here so I believe he wanted to film Furiosa and The Wasteland back to back, rolling through with the same crew for speed and familiarity.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Detective No. 27 posted:

George Miller can do a Thor movie if he wants. That would be cool. The character is public domain. It doesn’t have to be a Marvel film.

A Never Say Never Again Marvel movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Or his own superhero movie without needing Marvel or DC around to gently caress it up.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just don't do a dang superhero movie we don't need any more whoever you are.
Unless it's some weird Chronicle found footage poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Let's be clear, all Miller said was that he really enjoyed working with Hemsworth and would do so again if given the chance, it's comicbookmovies.com or whatever who turns that into MILLER FOR THOR 5????

It reminds me of when Jason Momoa of all people got asked by some rando at a con if he'd be interested in playing in a Three Stooges reboot and he just jokingly said something like "shyeah man, let's do it" and that of course leads to headlines like JASON MOMOA PUSHING FOR THREE STOOGES MOVIE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Let's be clear, all Miller said was that he really enjoyed working with Hemsworth and would do so again if given the chance, it's comicbookmovies.com or whatever who turns that into MILLER FOR THOR 5????

It reminds me of when Jason Momoa of all people got asked by some rando at a con if he'd be interested in playing in a Three Stooges reboot and he just jokingly said something like "shyeah man, let's do it" and that of course leads to headlines like JASON MOMOA PUSHING FOR THREE STOOGES MOVIE

I think this isn't as bad as "Momoa to star in Frosty The Snowman movie", then Momoa clarifying that was a fake movie made up by WB to distract from some controversy WB was going through.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

First Poster for 'NIGHTBITCH' starring Amy Adams - A woman, thrown into the stay-at-home routine of raising a toddler in the suburbs, slowly embraces the feral power deeply rooted in motherhood, as she becomes increasingly aware of the bizarre and undeniable signs that she may be turning into a dog

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nightbitch

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
NIGHTBITCH

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

N I G H T B I T C H

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

Lol I read that book recently and yeah I'm down to watch Amy Adams act it out

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Amy Adams would be pretty good in (what I'm guessing is) a werewolf flick.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Isn't this literally the plot Mac and Charlie were writing for Dolph Lundgren in that Always Sunny episode?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nightbitch also sounds like a Mark Millar or Garth Ennis comic book character.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Fighter of the DayBitch.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Surprised it’s not A24 tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Nightbitch also sounds like a Mark Millar or Garth Ennis comic book character.

It's actually the name of a character from Kick rear end so you are right. It's a Millar name.