Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It's always the best when we get the tiny glimpses into Pat's hilariously bleak life.

And simultaneously the saddest thing. :(

He's an rear end in a top hat, but I do feel bad for Pat because of his neuroses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hey now, Pat has a girlfriend who likes him in spite of his craziness, so his life can't be all that bad.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Based on Pat's condescending, contemptuous and bossy nature, he's either got the largest dick in their group or the smallest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, I want to know the dick sizes of all of the Best Friends.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Beef Waifu posted:

same

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I'm sure takahata would spill the beans.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Liam with the sleeper dick

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beef Waifu posted:

Well we already know Matt's the Big Dick CEO so I mean it's not like there's not precedent among them for sharing such things, surely

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

Liam with the sleeper dick

Unfortunately, it tends to jump the gun.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Whatever podcast that has them talking about Air Bud is super good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Judging by how the BB episode ended... they forgot about the upper ward key didn't they?

If so drat they're going to miss one of the best bosses.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Judging by how the BB episode ended... they forgot about the upper ward key didn't they?

If so drat they're going to miss one of the best bosses.

No, they mention it at several points in this episode.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Man I hope they figure out how to get to Erbitas lest Pat try to take revenge on Liam. :ohdear:

Also "I'm sorry whore!"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

No, they mention it at several points in this episode.

Bah, was half asleep when I watched it. Mostly just focused on them hunting for the cord and talking about how they're ready for the end now. Saw them running to the lamp and was like "oh dang."

My b

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really hope at least they would help out Eileen before they end it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Solaris Knight posted:

Whatever podcast that has them talking about Air Bud is super good.

This. Also just try to recreate the tale of SMEGMA-MAN for your friend. Just try.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charles Martel posted:

I also enjoyed the ones where Liam knocked Pat's mouse off of his stool, where they make fun of Pat's way of brushing his teeth, and Pat describing the way he gets ready for bed by folding himself up tightly like a letter in an envelope.

What I'm trying to say is Pat is the best part of the podcast, especially when he's pissed about something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzA5YC-HlAY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy these character designs sure are something

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Godzilla is now an official citizen of Shinjuku, as well as a Tourism Ambassador

Matt will be so pleased!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

Boy these character designs sure are something

this does not look like a game I'd give money to and I doubt if it'd even be on the channel if it wasn't like three steps removed from skullgirls

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I pushed on and finished Lilac's story; they are going to go insane when they see the twist the game puts on the Sonic-style running-out-of-air scenario.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The way pat handled the fight against that hunter is absolutely outrageous. I'm amazed that they resorted to using a bug like that to win a fight. They've received a lot of criticism, during this play through, most of it unjustified, but that was genuinely disappointing. It wasn't funny, it wasn't clever, it was just pathetic. And it defeats the purpose of watching an LP to be entertained because the players are just loving cheating.

Really really lovely on Pat's part, and I'm amazed Woolie went along with it.

Bad loving form.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what in the actual gently caress are you talking about

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Pat triggering a DoT state on the hunter and then deliberately withdrawing outside of the mob's arena so that it would wander home and essentially bug out until the DoT would kill it. All while Pat was safe.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Basically it's the exploit where the enemy hunter slowly kills himself on his own poison blade because you dragged him to the edge of how far he'll chase you, so he'll just sit there and slowly tick to death. I mean, they did try mixing in some fighting in the midst of that but I can see why it's kind of a lovely move, being a weird exploit and all.
I don't mind because I knew about it before hand and didn't have confidence in their abilities to legitimately beat it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If it's the enemy I'm thinking, I can't blame them. That fucker will basically two shot your rear end with his gun. Also the hunter has way too much health.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That fight is absolutely hosed so I really don't give a poo poo that they cheated to win.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

MrAristocrates posted:

That fight is absolutely hosed so I really don't give a poo poo that they cheated to win.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Given that they are meant to be entertaining their viewers I would expect them to actually play the game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've beaten that fight legitimately. Trust me when I tell you it is absolutely not loving worth it to try.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Maybe so, but then at least explain the necessity to the audience. The way Pat did it, with the gloating as well, really loving sucked. Because like I said, I'm watching SBFP to see them play games and experience the fun of victory and defeat, and all the bullshit in-between. If they just up and cheat their way through hard content then as a viewer I feel like I've been robbed of seeing them win and hearing their excitement at the success.
It left a really bad taste in my mouth, it's the sort of thing I would have expected from Darksydephil.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Given that they are meant to be entertaining their viewers I would expect them to actually play the game.

Well, the thing is I think that's the way you are supposed to legitimately fight that boss. It used to be that you could get that hunter to poison himself to death completely, but after the patch, that hunter stops using that move once his health gets to a certain level.
They gave already gave him infinite hunter's bones and infinite numbing mists. They could have also made it that he received no damage for transforming his chikage during the patch, but they didn't, so make of that what you will.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Maybe so, but then at least explain the necessity to the audience. The way Pat did it, with the gloating as well, really loving sucked. Because like I said, I'm watching SBFP to see them play games and experience the fun of victory and defeat, and all the bullshit in-between. If they just up and cheat their way through hard content then as a viewer I feel like I've been robbed of seeing them win and hearing their excitement at the success.
It left a really bad taste in my mouth, it's the sort of thing I would have expected from Darksydephil.

q fuckin q

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Aw, I was hoping the Freedom Planet series was a daily thing, but I guess not.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN7HUHfWALM

HGH posted:

Basically it's the exploit where the enemy hunter slowly kills himself on his own poison blade because you dragged him to the edge of how far he'll chase you, so he'll just sit there and slowly tick to death. I mean, they did try mixing in some fighting in the midst of that but I can see why it's kind of a lovely move, being a weird exploit and all.
I don't mind because I knew about it before hand and didn't have confidence in their abilities to legitimately beat it.

I can't believe that you care.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In practically any other situation I would also be disappointed but that hunter kind of deserves it for being a real fucker to fight the normal way. Like, unreasonably so considering you can both heal in .5 seconds with blood vials and since he is an NPC he has an infinite supply. That's like the one main issue with Bloodborne's PVP and fighting other hunters. It's just a boring war of attrition because healing doesn't even slow you down so no matter what your stats or items are, unless one person immediately decimates the other, whichever person runs out of vials first loses.

And, again, NPCs never run out, which makes them borderline unfair which in itself is not a bad thing, it's just that unfair AND annoying is a poor combination.

edit: vvv what, really? I could've sworn they fought a hunter earlier that healed a whole bunch of times before they actually managed to kill them. Or died. Probably died.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 5, 2015

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

NPC Hunters only get one heal unless they changed something drastically. He's still a huge fucker.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I don't see the hate. I thought the general consensus was that if you could cheese a boss fight in a Souls game, go for it, cuz the games sure as hell won't go easy on you either.

All I saw was a true Souls boss strategy.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

No, he's right. They should just go and beat their heads into the boss forty times Game Grumps style. That would be a lot more fun overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm watching SebastopolQueen's TIHYDP Souls videos and I'm truly at a loss how DSP still exists and has fans. The Bloodborne one is over 3 hours long, but it kept me entertained just because of the constant trainwrecks. He went through pretty much the entire game with 10 Strength and 38 Skill, sold all of his Blood Vials for echoes and then bitched about how he couldn't heal during battles, grinded to Level 42 off-stream near the start of the game, constantly died to the same enemies because his "bulletproof" strategy of spamming R1 constantly failed, and other idiot shenanigans.

What I'm trying to say is that Pat exploiting one bug isn't poo poo.