Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

threaded cane and farron greatsword are hard to use

hunter's axe, however... I pretty much only used L2 when I did a run with it. knocks back 99% of enemies and does nutso damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've never used the great axe. I refuse

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I've never used the great axe. I refuse

A man of honor walks among us.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
cleaver is my favorite starter, by far. i've done runs w/ kirk, ludwig's, HMB, chikage, and rakuyo at one point or another... maybe the next time i play i'll do something with the hunter's axe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i wanna use the church pick, maybe on NG+ with a new char for PVP?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I dismissed the hunters axe at first, but the move set is just too good to miss out on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dismissed the hunters axe at first, but the move set is just too good to miss out on

I love every weapon with a spin slash

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love LHS and MLB, also the chikage. And the reichterpallasch, the rifle spear, the saw cleaver, the stake driver, the scythe, the iconic whip-cane, the axe, the serrated whip, the kirkslammer, the crow blades, the fire hammer, the tonitrus, the saif, the church pick, the giant blood mace, the bow, the blade, the combination bow and blade,

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Benny D posted:

I love LHS and MLB, also the chikage. And the reichterpallasch, the rifle spear, the saw cleaver, the stake driver, the scythe, the iconic whip-cane, the axe, the serrated whip, the kirkslammer, the crow blades, the fire hammer, the tonitrus, the saif, the church pick, the giant blood mace, the bow, the blade, the combination bow and blade,

:hfive:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

This

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There aren't a lot of weapons in bloodborne but they are all insanely sick

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Quality over quantity imo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harrow posted:

Quality over quantity imo

agreed. having such a huge range of options w/ transforms, backsteps, rolls, charges, and the transition moves between them was amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

There aren't a lot of weapons in bloodborne but they are all insanely sick

the moveset of every single one is interesting enough to me that i eventually want to beat the game with all of them

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

the moveset of every single one is interesting enough to me that i eventually want to beat the game with all of them

this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized that gehrmann is like the most insane Castlevania Death boss fight ever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

logarius is more like death and he even shoots you with flying sharp objects like death does

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

This is actually my goal but it's gonna take a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

logarius is more like death and he even shoots you with flying sharp objects like death does

true I just thought of it because of this attack in dawn of sorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZUyU12Aek&t=80s

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

true I just thought of it because of this attack in dawn of sorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZUyU12Aek&t=80s

I thought the exact same thing. Really feels like you're fighting the grim reaper.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the ni oh demo was alright with lots of potential, then I watched a video of this guy destroy the first boss without ever stopping his attack or running out of stamina and realized that when you learn all the nuanced stance mechanics it goes from feeling like a slow souls clone to a much faster bloodborbe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i liked the demo a lot. i dont think the feel of it should be compared to souls though, if anything it feels more like bushido blade

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I never played Bushido blade. Are they on psn

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dont think so, not in europe anyway. if i had to describe it i would describe it like nioh except from 15 years ago

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

I.N.R.I posted:

i liked the demo a lot. i dont think the feel of it should be compared to souls though, if anything it feels more like bushido blade

Bushido Blade is a great way to put it. I didn't really take to it, but maybe if I go back to it with Bushido Blade in my head instead of Souls, it will feel better.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

On a side note I just discovered that armored core: for answer has a concept called "Kojima Technology" made from "Kojima particles" that explain how advanced beings outclass "normals" 🤔

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

On a side note I just discovered that armored core: for answer has a concept called "Kojima Technology" made from "Kojima particles" that explain how advanced beings outclass "normals" 🤔

Miyazaki and Kojima teaming up on a project would be the most insane collab since Tarkovsky and Bergman made a movie together

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Flying Squirrel posted:

Bushido Blade is a great way to put it. I didn't really take to it, but maybe if I go back to it with Bushido Blade in my head instead of Souls, it will feel better.

Yeah, it felt like enemies were way overtuned and I was dying too quickly until I stopped thinking of it like a Souls game. Then it clicked. I played it like a combination of The Witcher (dance around the outside of groups of enemies, never let anyone get behind you) and Bushido Blade and it was a ton of fun. I'm really excited for Nioh.

Learning the timing on the "Ki Pulse" mechanic helps, too. You can hit R1 while your Ki (stamina) is waiting to regenerate to get a big chunk of it back right away and keep attacking.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I only played like 20 minutes of the first witcher and never played bushido blade... guess I'm not cut out for Nioh :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I only played like 20 minutes of the first witcher and never played bushido blade... guess I'm not cut out for Nioh :(

Well, it's more like The Witcher 2 and 3 in that you're pretty agile, hit hard, and can take a few hits if you have decent armor, but like two hits to your back and you're hosed. If you ever have to fight groups of enemies, you just gotta dance around the edge of the group and make sure they all stay in front of you. That's about the only comparison though. That and the main dude's hair.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Miyazaki and Kojima teaming up on a project would be the most insane collab since Tarkovsky and Bergman made a movie together

I've always daydreamed about two super designers like them doing a game with a choice between two protagonists that start on opposite ends of the world & then meet in the center halfway & the rest of the game is them melding their two world together

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

SciFiDownBeat posted:

THE witcher is bad and bushido blade is sort of wrird and janky but not very Good Either ,

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

I've always daydreamed about two super designers like them doing a game with a choice between two protagonists that start on opposite ends of the world & then meet in the center halfway & the rest of the game is them melding their two world together

[emperor voice] do it

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Benny D posted:

For Answer is real good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

For Answer is real good.

i jjust bought it with 20 bucks in amazon credit and i'm fuckng pumped. aonly played 1 and a bit of 3 nd read tips and tricks' cool monthly column about it they were running for a while

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tips and tricks was the poo poo btw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I learned here that they did work together on metal gear solid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i shot mikolash over and over with double pistol and ash instead of fighting him for real. owned idiot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Micolash is the only boss in all of souls that I feel has too big of a health bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

his health bar would be ok if he didn't spend most of the fight aimlessly running in circles but then he's just another hunter npc outside of that really.