Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I would like making eating in bars/pubs/restaurants cheaper too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Kehveli posted:

Being able to buy slightly stronger beer from your neighborhood store is like the most insignificant thing no matter if you're doing well for yourself or pretty much the opposite. I guess it's a slightly better reward for juoksubisset if nothing else.

edit: I guess if you live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest alko is 100 km away but lol every self respecting finnish person would have a decent storage of the good stuff in that case.

It actually means stores can import a bigger variety of good beers from Germany without needing Alko in the way.

That is, it only makes a difference for people who care about the quality of their alcohol and not just the quantity.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
lol @ 5,5% being a strong beer. Call me when I can get Rochefort 10 from Alepa.

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
The way I saw some doctor explain the research was that on average people would be slightly more drunk, specially on week nights when you would have one or two drinks at home but stronger than before. This would lead to more negative effects to people around them (family mostly) and increasing injury risk. He stated strongly that for problem users it wouldn't make much of a difference. Making people drink more in bars would probably be much better.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Kyllä alkoholistijuopot aina viinansa jostain saa ja pitävät siitä huolen ettei se heti lopu pelkästään kaupanhyllyn takia, ei ole tolkkua kiusata muitakaan minkään sortin rajoitteilla.

Minä ja DarkCrawler tulemme ylpeästi kännipostamaan arkipäivän öinä aivan sama saako Alepasta 5,5% volttista vai peräti raakaa vinaa.

Itsehän tuuppaisin myös LSD:n ja heroiinin Alepaan mutta siinä taitaa mennä vielä tovi ja nuoret tilaavat sitten muuntohuumeita netistä...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kemper Boyd posted:

Varisverkosto is publishing a short series of articles about Suomen Sisu, which might be of interest to someone here: https://varisverkosto.com/2017/06/skenen-haltuunotosta-puolueen-haltuunottoon-mika-on-suomen-sisu-12/

Having written stuff about them myself, there doesn't seem to be any blatant mistakes in it based on a casual read.

lol

toi porukka ei eroa muista natseista paitsi symboleiltaan

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

lol

Ainakin jutussa (jossa ei ole oikein päätä tai häntää) toistellaan sanaa fasismi tuhansia kertoja.

Se todistaa, että fasistit uhkaavat!

Kirjoittajan ja Kember Boydin päänsisäistä maailmaa ainakin, jos eivät muuta. Kun ei niitä oikein ole missään muualla, mutta tästäpä lienee turha jatkaa.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Kehveli posted:

Being able to buy slightly stronger beer from your neighborhood store is like the most insignificant thing no matter if you're doing well for yourself or pretty much the opposite. I guess it's a slightly better reward for juoksubisset if nothing else.

edit: I guess if you live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest alko is 100 km away but lol every self respecting finnish person would have a decent storage of the good stuff in that case.

One thing about the reform that actually felt like a bad idea was allowing people to buy alcohol with credit. I feel like this is actually going to cause problems but I guess we'll see, it might be nothing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

One thing about the reform that actually felt like a bad idea was allowing people to buy alcohol with credit. I feel like this is actually going to cause problems but I guess we'll see, it might be nothing.

Buying alcohol with credit has been possible since the late nineties I think? I still remember when you couldn't but that was before I even had credit.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://www.valvira.fi/alkoholi/anniskelu/maksutavat_anniskelussa

Like, who has a non-international credit card. Even Stockmann's credit card was international back in the day (and I used it to buy booze from Alko) because it was also valid in Russia. (Nowadays it's just a Mastercard or something I think?)

So yeah, buying alcohol on credit has been de facto legal for years and years.

e: If you mean the "writing down beer debts in a notebook" thing that Valvira lied about having witnessed, it's not going to happen any more than it's happening right now because no bar-owner is dumb enough for that.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Hogge Wild posted:

lol

Dunno where you get your information from, but as far as I know, Varisverkosto is more or less a purely research-focused group.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

Ainakin jutussa (jossa ei ole oikein päätä tai häntää) toistellaan sanaa fasismi tuhansia kertoja.

The article looks like a pretty straightforward history of ss, so I'm wondering why you felt you had to make a kneejerk post to denounce it. Is it just because you hate the word fascist?

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Ligur literally thinks that racism and homophobia aren't real, so he probably doesn't believe in fascism either.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Ligur posted:

Se todistaa, että fasistit uhkaavat!

Kirjoittajan ja Kember Boydin päänsisäistä maailmaa ainakin, jos eivät muuta. Kun ei niitä oikein ole missään muualla, mutta tästäpä lienee turha jatkaa.
En mä tiedä miks otat tuon niin henkilökohtaisesti mutta jos Sisun omalla kirjasuosituslistalla oli David Dukea ja Alfred Rosenbergiä ja holokaustinkieltäjiä niin turha itkeä jos muut pitävät natseina tai fasisteina. Tai jos Suomen Sisun johtohahmot poseeraa Vastarintaliikkeen johdon kanssa, ja SVL kuitenkin ilmoittaa avoimesti webbisivuillaan olevansa kansallisosialisteja, niin kai tästä voi maalaisjärjellä tulkita että jotain natsikytköksiäkin löytyy.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Nah, we know for a fact there haven't been any fascists since July 1943, or any nazis since October 1945. Common knowledge, really.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9471928
Someone send Soini a thank you letter for helping the hallitus to accomplish this.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

throw to first drat IT posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9471928
Someone send Soini a thank you letter for helping the hallitus to accomplish this.

mulla on vielä tomppakortteja ja merkkejä, esim:

mitä mä kirjotan siihen?

e: ja laita osoite kanssa

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

The article looks like a pretty straightforward history of ss, so I'm wondering why you felt you had to make a kneejerk post to denounce it. Is it just because you hate the word fascist?

I wasn't even responding to the original post, so it wasn't much of a "kneejerk" unless you think commenting on posts is always a kneejerk reaction.

I have no issue with the word fascist, I have an issue with the multitudes and hordes of posters in forums like D&D calling everything they don't agree with or just don't like rasistihitlernatsi. The whole concept has from my POV and not few other people suffered quite a bit of a devaluation because it is so common shitheads call everything they don't like "racist" or "fascist".

Jesus black baby christ, people could look the terms up from Wikipedia or whatever and find out what fascists really want, which is not parliamentary democracy for example. Sisu people don't want a totalitarian system where they beat everyone else with batons.

Joakim Brecht posted:

Ligur literally thinks that racism and homophobia aren't real, so he probably doesn't believe in fascism either.

Hey stupid. Those are real things but not really worth a bother in Finland.

CEO of TechBizCompany XYZ: "Hmmm. We are hiring a new accountat. Oh look, there is a CV from a guy who can save us 100k a year and has a good resume, let's hire him... OH NO! HIS NAME IS ALI! NNOOOO *spits on resume* *won't hire*"

This is ridiculous. Nobody gives a poo poo about your first name, surname or ethnicity in private biz. I've been working for more than a few companies during the past two decades and NOBODY GIVES A poo poo ABOUT YOUR RACE. If you can do a job, welcome, here is your salary. Swedish, Turkish, Indian, West African, Bangladeshi, Pakistan, West Indian, Chinese nobody cares (I've worked with all of these groups, and nobody ever gives a drat about race). Why certain groups of migrants have poor employment levels is because they came here as adults unable to speak any common language and many are literally illiterate. A 25 year old who has to first learn a local language (even English qualifies these days), then learn to write, or has primary school level education is not going to fare well in the local job market. This is not because "racism" or fascists.

As for gays? NOBODY GIVES A poo poo EITHER. You can do whatever you want in your bedroom, according to just about everyone. Sure there are conservatives or religious weirdos who take issue with different marriage laws but other than that? And even these are a tiny, tiny minority. People by and large don't want to put homogays into a mental ward, or stone them, or go "oh poo poo, there is a gay couple walking across the street, ewwww let's run away,! Gross!" People don't care.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

Hey stupid. Those are real things but not really worth a bother in Finland.

Hottest take from a Whitest Possible Person living in Father Christmas Land.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hottest take from a Whitest Possible Person living in Father Christmas Land.

kuka täällä on valkoinen?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

kuka täällä on valkoinen?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Stubb Dogg posted:

En mä tiedä miks otat tuon niin henkilökohtaisesti mutta jos Sisun omalla kirjasuosituslistalla oli David Dukea ja Alfred Rosenbergiä ja holokaustinkieltäjiä niin turha itkeä jos muut pitävät natseina tai fasisteina. Tai jos Suomen Sisun johtohahmot poseeraa Vastarintaliikkeen johdon kanssa, ja SVL kuitenkin ilmoittaa avoimesti webbisivuillaan olevansa kansallisosialisteja, niin kai tästä voi maalaisjärjellä tulkita että jotain natsikytköksiäkin löytyy.

Niin no. Minulla on iso kirjahylly jossa on paljon esim. eri uskontoja käsitteleviä teoksia joita olen silmät harittaen plärännyt. Niitä on myynyt myös kuuluisa äärioikeistolainen, kommunistinen ja ääri-islamistinen kauppa Amazon.com (sieltä saa niitä kirjoja). En kuitenkaan ole yhdenkään uskonnon kannattaja, vaikka ilmeisesti mielestäsi minun pitäisi sitten olla kristittymuslimihindunatsilibertaariekonomi, tai jotain, koska kirjahyllyssä on kirja?

Näin muuten, pitäisi olla kaikille normaalilla järjellä varustetuille selvää, että "ns." tai oikeasti isäm maallisiin tapahtumiin notkuu myös heilumaan varmasti porukkaa, jotka ovat Vastarintaliikkeen tai vastaavan jäseniä. Mitäs vittua siitä? Ei se niistä sinun tai paikalla olleiden kavereita tai aateveljiä tee.

Vai oletko kenties sitä mieltä, että kaikki muslimit jotka sattuvat johonkin paikalliseen moskeijaan samaan aikaan kun siellä seassa on joku hullu tuleva jihadisti tekemässä diilejä, ovat jihadisteja ja haluavat räjäyttää länsimaalaiset ilmaan? Tuskin taidat olla.

Mieti nyt vähän, aivosoluja raksuttamaan, vaikka ei helppoa olisikaan.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Once you manage to come out of your bubble, let us know.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005265203.html

Kike Elomaa re-defects/undefects and returns to the PS fold. The government's majority is now only 104, 103 if the King returns from Brussels. This is going to be like John Major's final ministry which was slowly paralyzed from the inside out by a slim majority getting whittled down by events. :getin:

This is exactly like someone (Kemper Boyd?) said earlier, Sipilä made a grave mistake in going to bed with such an unstable group and relying on its tiny majority. He should've bolstered it with KD.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Antti posted:

Kike Elomaa re-defects/undefects and returns to the PS fold. The government's majority is now only 104, 103 if the King returns from Brussels. This is going to be like John Major's final ministry which was slowly paralyzed from the inside out by a slim majority getting whittled down by events. :getin:

This is exactly like someone (Kemper Boyd?) said earlier, Sipilä made a grave mistake in going to bed with such an unstable group and relying on its tiny majority. He should've bolstered it with KD.

haha, ajaakohan routa vielä muita porsaita kotiin

on kanssa mielenkiintoista nähdä mitä säätiön fyrkille tapahtuu, siitä taisi olla jo joku oikeusjuttu vireillä

pitää kyllä kiittää kaikkia asianomaisia hyvästä poliittisesta viihteestä

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Samaan aikaan Persujen kannatus on pompannut puoluekokouksen jälkeen hivenen, syitä voi arvailla. Demarit ja kepu taas jatkavat laskua, tätä menoa seuraava hallitus muotoutuu kokoomuksen ja vihreiden välillä.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9684222

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dead at birth.

2,3% support with 5 ministers, is this the most ridiculous government we've had?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Samaan aikaan Persujen kannatus on pompannut puoluekokouksen jälkeen hivenen, syitä voi arvailla. Demarit ja kepu taas jatkavat laskua, tätä menoa seuraava hallitus muotoutuu kokoomuksen ja vihreiden välillä.

sinipunavihreä+rkp

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Dead at birth.

2,3% support with 5 ministers, is this the most ridiculous government we've had?

Give them time, they can go lower. Otoh if they manage to erect a field organization and everything that comes with that things might change, but right now they're broke rear end.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Soon

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Antti posted:

This isn't unprecedented, at least in her family: Her father is Arvo Sainio, who eloped from SMP to the splinter group SKYP and back again. If history is going to repeat itself completely, Kike will elope back to "Blue Future" like her father did.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Double Bill posted:

Dead at birth.

I actually agree with Soini on something, it's dumb to poll the support of a parliamentary group, at least this early. Many of the respondents probably didn't even know what UV is or that PS has split.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Antti posted:

I actually agree with Soini on something, it's dumb to poll the support of a parliamentary group, at least this early. Many of the respondents probably didn't even know what UV is or that PS has split.

I guess they did the poll in haste, since the margin of error is 2.8%. That's pretty big.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

I'm getting mixed signals.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tuohan on parempi tulos kun mitä hyö saivat viime ek-vaaleissa :haw:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antti posted:

Haha what is this called, triple-crossing? Chronic Takinkääntö Syndrome?

Remember when every single media used to be really scared about right-wing populism? Right now every article is basically the opening line of Bohemian Rhapsody when it comes to these loving clowns

Goddamn I am loving this so much

http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000005265748.html

quote:

pääministerin mukaan eduskunnassa tarvitaan nyt tiukempaa ryhmäkuria

Yeah when the second largest party gets bisected Solomon style that is a pretty good advice though a bit late

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Sininen Tulevaisuus on aloittanut hyökkäyksen etelän mediaa vastaan

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9685188

– Se oli sellainen sininen, tennispallon kokoinen kirkas pallo. Se meni niin nopeasti, että siinä oli lähinnä hämmästys, että mitä oikein tapahtui, kuvailee ilmiön nähnyt vuorotyönjohtaja Keijo Lund.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9687043

Do it. :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

If she gets a bigger cut on the first round than Soini in 2012 (9,4%), :sad:

e: Actually, it's :sad: either way :getin: