Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mescal posted:

describe fallout tactics using the title of a different video game

Fallout (1997), but with tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

rodbeard posted:

It's useful that they are giving away encased because I actually backed the Kickstarter and never received my copy of the game.

poo poo, I would have been emailing them from multiple emails and submitting poo poo everywhere if that had happened to me

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Barry Convex posted:

EGS freebie today is indeed Encased.

Goddamit.

Steam no longer allows you to refund stuff you bought more than two weeks ago, right?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Xander77 posted:

Goddamit.

Steam no longer allows you to refund stuff you bought more than two weeks ago, right?

2 weeks / 2 hours is just the limit for automatic no-questions-asked refunds, you can still ask for a refund on anything and some minimum wage callcenter employee will read your explanation and decide to approve/deny
they are pretty lenient still afaik

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Mescal posted:

Encased, but with tactics.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mescal posted:

Jagged Alliance lite, but Fallout (1997)

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

poo poo, I would have been emailing them from multiple emails and submitting poo poo everywhere if that had happened to me

I selected the console release for my kickstarter reward.

ilitarist posted:

Encased, but with tactics.

Throwing tactics into a game's title makes people assume that the game is a turn based RPG on a grid which is why I was always so disappointed in the game.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Throwing tactics into a game's title makes people assume that the game is a turn based RPG on a grid which is why I was always so disappointed in the game.

thank you, that's what i needed to know. i'm looking for turn based RPGs on a grid. you can't just throw "tactics" in the title! it's not a meaningless word like "iron," "souls," "song," or "II."

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

rodbeard posted:

Fallout Tactics kinda is a turn based grid game as it uses the same kind of grids Fallout 1 and 2 use. You can switch from Continuous Turn Based (real time so long as you have action points) to either Individual Turn Based (turns happen as per each characters initiative stat) or Squad Turn Based (your squad and enemies alternate between turns).

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Yes, but is there a story connecting the fights?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You have to go to a bad place to stop a bad robot from blowing up all the normal people

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Yes, but is there a story connecting the fights?

Yeah there's a narrative

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

rodbeard posted:

Yes, it was one of the worst video game naming trends before the release of Triangle Strategy.

Encased is not muc better BTW, it's official name on Steam is Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG. Which is kind of a spoiler from a certain point of view.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Death Stranding tomorrow

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I just bought the director's cut upgrade 2 weeks ago! This is horrible news!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

err posted:

Death Stranding tomorrow

:aaaaa:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hell yea, I knew if I didn’t buy it long enough someone might give it to me for free.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

err posted:

Death Stranding tomorrow

The image teaser shows dog tags and you're guessing Death Stranding? I was thinking something like CoD or Battlefield or some war game.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Epic China also strongly hinting at Death Stranding

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i dont understand the hint here but i have not played any strand type games, is that a quote from it or something

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was literally one of the marketing taglines for the game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

beaten but yeah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Anyway, I got Death Stranding on PS4 a year or two ago and got like a bit into it, but if this is the Director's Cut update, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't trade up.

And because I already bought the game before, I can play it.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

ilitarist posted:

Yes, it was one of the worst video game naming trends before the release of Triangle Strategy.

“Triangle Strategy” is mostly just an unfortunate translation of the concept of a conflict with multiple sides.

Should have been “Threesome Tactics”, much better

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that sounds like the kind of game that gets hidden behind the adults only filter

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I doubt it'll be the Director's Cut, the free games tend to be the base versions if the game is recent and they could convince you to upgrade. Hoping to be proven wrong as I have the base game already!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doesn't even the base PC version still have some improvements from the PS4 version?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the base PC version has some portal/half-life/cyberpunk crossover content that was never patched into the PS4 version yeah (PS5 directors cut does have it)

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Blurb3947 posted:

The image teaser shows dog tags and you're guessing Death Stranding? I was thinking something like CoD or Battlefield or some war game.

Their shape and the way they're splayed out look like the Q-pid, which is pretty central to the game's plot. Plus Death Stranding 2, the world's second strand-type game, got announced at the VGAs so it's a good time to drop the world's first strand-type game (Death Stranding 1) for free.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Considering the Director's Cut is the only one that comes up when I search for it in the store, that's probably it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

that's not a given, IIRC when they gave away Control they did the base edition even though the complete edition was the only version you could buy at that point

that was 505 Games too, who also publish Death Stranding on PC

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The base version is the one that popped up on gamepass a few months ago out of the blue so it is probably that

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

spaceblancmange posted:

The base version is the one that popped up on gamepass a few months ago out of the blue so it is probably that

Irrelevant as none of us are allowed to play it as it's free.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
this is the fourth time that unfunny joke has been copy-pasted in 2 pages!!! die!!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

God I can't wait to not play all these free games

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Ever since EGS added the cart this thread is down one joke

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stickman posted:

“Triangle Strategy” is mostly just an unfortunate translation of the concept of a conflict with multiple sides.

Should have been “Threesome Tactics”, much better

Ratchet and Clank: Fourplay

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
we can always resurrect the email thing

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

got some chores tonight posted:

we can always resurrect the email thing

Has Sweeney posted any politics lately? I can always justify outage at the storefront based on the owner being a chud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Do you just need an epic account to get free games? Im tempted by the possibility of Death Stranding