Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Picnic Princess posted:

You'd prefer we pave directly on top of grass?

I think the point is that they're paving directly on top of rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

there is no hero in sparta. xerxes sucks but sparta is just as bad minus being the invading army.

BUH MY MASCULINE IDEAL SOCIETY

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Abongination posted:

In a world of unsafe self driving cars you think you wouldn’t be allowed to put a big scene of open sky on a truck trailer.

lmao thats gonna be the solution isnt it

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The absolute meatiest slaps you'll ever hear

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Honest to god I think that's the best-produced local news segment I've ever seen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite part of this has always been the guy staring at his smashed car: :catstare:

And now I have it in HD!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

monkeytennis posted:

Sadly, Butt Hole Road was renamed Archer Way some time ago. I guess too many people stole the sign or something.
I'll arch 'er way if you know what I mean

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:trumppop:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The seagulls kept away by the smell is highly speculative.

This thing must have been awful if anyone was considering that as a possibility.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The seagulls kept away by the smell is highly speculative.

This thing must have been awful if anyone was considering that as a possibility.

in the 1970s birds were still brand new so we didn't know much about them yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvEgWINUFc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

luxury handset posted:

in the 1970s birds were still brand new so we didn't know much about them yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfvEgWINUFc

I can't believe you posted that clip, not this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh0Y2hVe_bw

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Man, I wish.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
They're both good clips.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So this is mostly funny to Norwegians and Swedes but in Marvels latest massive event Venoms big daddy is set to appear and his name is Knull. Now that might sound cool to English speakers, but in Norway and Sweden the word knull means gently caress. :woomy:
To celebrate Marvel has released several variant covers where all the classic heroes have been fuckified.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Until this post it never even once occurred to me that it was supposed to be pronounced with a silent K like 'null.' I just thought Marvel was wildin

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I always look at that smashed car and think just how unsafe that thing was. There's basically no reasonable frame on the top. Imagine if that car flipped, ever?

Kenning posted:

Honest to god I think that's the best-produced local news segment I've ever seen.

Only thing I wish it had was some folksy anecdotes from the old dudes watching from the dunes before it blew up

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lodin posted:

So this is mostly funny to Norwegians and Swedes but in Marvels latest massive event Venoms big daddy is set to appear and his name is Knull. Now that might sound cool to English speakers, but in Norway and Sweden the word knull means gently caress. :woomy:
To celebrate Marvel has released several variant covers where all the classic heroes have been fuckified.

Why would Venom's progenitor have the same spider motif as Venom? He wouldn't have absorbed any of Peter's spider powers.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Who What Now posted:

Why would Venom's progenitor have the same spider motif as Venom? He wouldn't have absorbed any of Peter's spider powers.

He’s riding off Venom’s established brand for the sake of frightening the Earthlings. Or maybe Venom got mixed up with Spidey because his kind has an affinity for those shapes already!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Knull looks like a generic power metal singer

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Fried Watermelon posted:

Knull looks like a generic power metal singer

I was gonna say. You could find alot of album covers that looks similar throughout the 1980s.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Who What Now posted:

Spiders are cool, nerd.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
Pretty sure that Ghost Rider cover is just a Meatloaf album cover with "Ghost Rider" taped on it. Bat out of Hell, 95% sure.

Ok they taped a flaming skull over some long haired dudes face too.

Now I want to see another Ghost Rider movie where every time Nic Cage has a freak out Meatloaf pops up and belts out unintelligble lyrics and sweats all over. Maybe Nic Cage turns into Meatloaf instead of some lame flaming skull. He sweats on the bad guys and they run away to go shower and do evil no more.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

Spiders are cool, nerd.

But the lore!!!!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I wonder how many people bought "Bat Out of Hell" expecting a metal album

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

I wonder how many people bought "Butt Out of Hell" expecting a metal album

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Johnny Aztec posted:

i actually curious im not old enough to know a time where i couldnt listen to the cd in the store i was buying it in before i bought it. imagine having a really kick rear end album artist then just playing love ballads all day.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It doesn't matter what's on the cover of Bat out of Hell because everybody in the world knew within a week that it was the greatest album of all time, just by word of mouth. There were monks that broke forty year vows of silence just to say "you gotta get this fuckin record dude"

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

snergle posted:

listen to the cd in the store i was buying it in

what an antiquated sentence

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RandomFerret posted:

It doesn't matter what's on the cover of Bat out of Hell because everybody in the world knew within a week that it was the greatest album of all time, just by word of mouth. There were monks that broke forty year vows of silence just to say "you gotta get this fuckin record dude"

I know he's a chud or something after appearing on celebrity apprentice but when I google "trump meatloaf" I get an awful lot of pictures of Chris Christie which I find funny as hell

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chris Christie had the meatloaf.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat, this thing still makes me laugh my rear end off. I first heard about it when Dave Barry wrote about it in a column back in 1990 and I was disappointed I'd only ever have second hand accounts of it. Then the Internet happened. God bless the Internet for bringing this to the masses.

fake edit:
Dave Barry column

quote:

I am absolutely not making this incident up; in fact I have it all on videotape. The tape is from a local TV news show in Oregon, which sent a reporter out to cover the removal of a 45-foot, eight-ton dead whale that washed up on the beach. The responsibility for getting rid of the carcass was placed upon the Oregon State Highway Division, apparently on the theory that highways and whales are very similar in the sense of being large objects.

So anyway, the highway engineers hit upon the plan — remember, I am not making this up — of blowing up the whale with dynamite. The thinking here was that the whale would be blown into small pieces, which would be eaten by sea gulls, and that would be that. A textbook whale removal.

So they moved the spectators back up the beach, put a half-ton of dynamite next to the whale and set it off. I am probably not guilty of understatement when I say that what follows, on the videotape, is the most wonderful event in the history of the universe. First you see the whale carcass disappear in a huge blast of smoke and flame. Then you hear the happy spectators shouting “Yayy!” and “Whee!” Then, suddenly, the crowd’s tone changes. You hear a new sound like “splud.” You hear a woman’s voice shouting “Here come pieces of… MY GOD!” Something smears the camera lens.

Later, the reporter explains: “The humor of the entire situation suddenly gave way to a run for survival as huge chunks of whale blubber fell everywhere.” One piece caved in the roof of a car parked more than a quarter of a mile away. Remaining on the beach were several rotting whale sectors the size of condominium units. There was no sign of the sea gulls, who had no doubt permanently relocated in Brazil. This is a very sobering videotape. Here at the institute we watch it often, especially at parties. But this is no time for gaiety. This is a time to get hold of the folks at the Oregon State Highway division and ask them, when they get done cleaning up the beaches, to give us an estimate on the US Capitol.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The whale exploding video was the first video I ever downloaded off the internet.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

I did, and learned a valuable lesson that day

e: like look at this poo poo, 12 year old me was ready to ROCK THE gently caress OUT

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Bat out of Hell the record is a well known piece of art as an experience where you're initially shocked or disappointed or confused because of the album cover but end up still rocking the gently caress out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Looks like Judas Priest, sounds like Elton John.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Along the same lines, the Grateful Dead's skull/zig zag thing is pretty misleading as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lmao imagine saying you'd "do anything for love" but then turning right around and saying "but I won't do that." Real mixed messaging there.