Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Which one is the good third-party wired Xbox controller? It's Afterglow, right? Also, does it work on Win7 or only Win 8/10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Did Nuuvem change something that anything I try to buy comes up as "Not available in your country"? Even Shadow of Mordor, which I bought fine from them last year, is coming up that way now.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I think they made it so you can't buy most games from outside of Brazil anymore.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

That really sucks cause I would really like to buy Ground Zeroes for $2.40. :(

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

admataY posted:

Trying to see if there is any interest in jumping on Dying light 4 pack, would make it 15$ per person .
anyone might be interested ?

I would be interested in being part of a 4-pack. Checked out the demo, and I think I could get into a free roaming zombie killing FPS for 15 bucks... but for some reason 20 bucks is too high? My mental price point for games these days is pretty hosed. I'd rather not be the buyer, however, so you or someone else would need to buy.

How about a list, like the old days?

1. admantY (buyer?)
2. Essobie
3. (buyer?)
4. (buyer?)

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Orgophlax posted:

That really sucks cause I would really like to buy Ground Zeroes for $2.40. :(

If you use a VPN, you should be able to buy it. (Most games on there now seem to have paypal address restrictions, but Konami doesn't seem to have implemented that. My brother bought MGR there last night.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Kins posted:

Someone tell me if Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender sucks, and what I should get instead if it does. Cheers!

It's a good and fun game, haven't played it with local co-op but I played it for a little bit and had a good time with it. Good music, art, a cute game.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so like whats the gimmick with this sale, whys the number keep going up?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Bloody hell, Nuuvem has some seriously good prices this sale. So glad I'm from Argentina for once. :v:
I would totally offer to buy some stuff for you guys but I tried it before and Nuuvem only lets you buy a single copy of a game, I can't "buy as a gift" or re-buy something and get a different code :(

How's the Alien:Isolation DLC? I loved the base game but never paid much attention to the DLC, but 6.70 for the Season pass is sounds like it's a good deal.

Dying Light is US$ ~8.84, seeing that some people are getting it in the thread kinda makes me want to take the dive to have some folks to co-op with.
Also they pulled a steam: the Ultimate Edition (game + season pass) is 21.69, while buying the game + season pass separately comes to 18.35
Nice maths, guys.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Here's Wolfenstein: The Old Blood at 5bux, half the price it is on steam. https://www.getgamesgo.com/product/wolfenstein-old-blood

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

tater_salad posted:

so like whats the gimmick with this sale, whys the number keep going up?

It seems like some publishers/teams didn't want to join the sale until "black Friday". I keep getting sporadic emails about deals just starting up which didn't exist prior.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
SFT goons on Steam

walgreets (there is only 1 walgreets)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/seizethem
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TastyLemons
http://steamcommunity.com/id/crowfeathers/

Space Food Truck research nodes (repeat Starter job cards marked with an asterisk)

Each role has one random Artificial Ingredient in their lab station. Unlocking one of these nodes sends the 3P3Z Ingredient to the store (they cost 9Z).

Captain
Overdrive x2 - Add 2 to FTL Gauge, move
Captain's Orders x2 - Move one player to any room. Ignores blocked doors
Ask Around - For each 1 Power, reveal 1 Hint about an unvisited location
*Backtrack

Chef
Free Sample x2 - Take a card from anyone's hand, put it in yours
Discard Dive x2 - Put one ingredient into the Pot from any discard pile
Flambe x2 - Destroy one card in anyone's hand. They draw 1

Scientist
Mimicube - Play to change into a copy of any non-job card in a player's hand. Reverts after this turn
Fast Track x2 - Play with Power to unlock a node. Unlocked card goes directly into your hand
A Breakthrough x2 - Reduce research cost by 2 at one lab station
*Research

Engineer
Exterminate - For each 2 Power, destroy 1 Vexyl anywhere at random
Quantum Nucleonic Core - P4/Z1, P6 in Engineering
*Trusty Wrench
*Upgrade
Manual Override - Repair all blocked doors
Power Cycle - Repair all lab stations

Starting decks

Captain
Backtrack
Engage x3
TOTF x5
Hall Pass

Chef
Cook x2
Taste Test x2
TOTF x5
Hall Pass

Scientist
Research x3
Foresight
TOTF x5
Hall Pass

Engineer
Trusty Wrench x2
Upgrade x2
TOTF x5
Hall Pass

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 28, 2015

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

there's no reason not to purchase postal 2 other than "you already own this" is there?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Any good turn based strategy games out there, in the vein of Shadorun or FFT? I already have xcom and I didn't like frozen synapse.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

The Dregs posted:

Any good turn based strategy games out there, in the vein of Shadorun or FFT? I already have xcom and I didn't like frozen synapse.

Hard West, Skyshine's BEDLAM, Chroma Squad, the King's Bounty games,

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The Dregs posted:

Hard West

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

There's also Invisible, Inc.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Essobie posted:

I would be interested in being part of a 4-pack. Checked out the demo, and I think I could get into a free roaming zombie killing FPS for 15 bucks... but for some reason 20 bucks is too high? My mental price point for games these days is pretty hosed. I'd rather not be the buyer, however, so you or someone else would need to buy.

How about a list, like the old days?

1. admantY (buyer!)
2. Essobie
3. (buyer?)
4. (buyer?)

If there will be another interested party or two I will get a 4-pack in few hours.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Dregs posted:

If you can stomach a little old school UI design and early 2000s graphics and performance, Fallout Tactics is still one of the better games around.

I understand that it can be a hard sell, however.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

The Dregs posted:

Mordheim's looking like it came out of early access looking pretty good. This is going on a few reviews I've read, rather than personal experience. Has anyone here played it?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Edmond Dantes posted:

Bloody hell, Nuuvem has some seriously good prices this sale. So glad I'm from Argentina for once. :v:
I would totally offer to buy some stuff for you guys but I tried it before and Nuuvem only lets you buy a single copy of a game, I can't "buy as a gift" or re-buy something and get a different code :(

How's the Alien:Isolation DLC? I loved the base game but never paid much attention to the DLC, but 6.70 for the Season pass is sounds like it's a good deal.

Dying Light is US$ ~8.84, seeing that some people are getting it in the thread kinda makes me want to take the dive to have some folks to co-op with.
Also they pulled a steam: the Ultimate Edition (game + season pass) is 21.69, while buying the game + season pass separately comes to 18.35
Nice maths, guys.

Dying Light is cheaper on Steam than Nuuvem here in Brazil, maybe it's cheaper in Argentina too (well, only a few cents anyway :shobon:).

If you guys get it let me know, I think I'll buy it but I'd like some friends to co-op.

And... thread, should I get XCOM or just wait for X-COM 2 next year ?

Puistokemisti posted:

Anyone know if the keys are region locked? I know that Nuuvem doesn't sell to foreigners anymore but I can just ask a brazilian who isn't currently busy being gunned down by the death squads.

Last time I checked when I buy steam games here in Brazil they're region locked to the latin america and Nuuvem gives you steam keys, so... probably

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 27, 2015

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

The Dregs posted:

Valkyria Chronicles, maybe?

ZZZorcerer posted:

Get XCOM.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

ZZZorcerer posted:

Dying Light is cheaper on Steam than Nuuvem here in Brazil, maybe it's cheaper in Argentina too (well, only a few cents anyway :shobon:).

If you guys get it let me know, I think I'll buy it but I'd like some friends to co-op.

You should buy XCOM

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

ZZZorcerer posted:

Getting the complete pack with all the DLC for 6 euros is a no-brainer, imho.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Saints Row is on sale...which are worth it? I heard one of em is bad....

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Waroduce posted:

saints row III is amazing, fun and you should buy it with all the DLC.

II is bad, it runs like poo poo even with the patches / adjustments don't buy it at all.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Waroduce posted:

Had plenty of fun with 3 and 4, didn't play the Gat out of Hell expansion

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
Space food truck sounds like extremely my jam, I wanted to like Guild of dungeoneering so bad but it turned out to be kinda shallow

EDIT: I have purchased Space Food Truck

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

admataY posted:

If there will be another interested party or two I will get a 4-pack in few hours.

I'm in.

1. admantY (buyer!)
2. Essobie
3. Puistokemisti http://steamcommunity.com/id/FunTyranny/
4. ???

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Waroduce posted:

3 was a lot of fun, despite feeling kind of empty relative to a lot of open world games, 4 is way more populated, and the superpowers are fun, but I felt like it got a little confused about what game it wanted to be. Both good gently caress-around GTA-style worlds though. 2 was huge at the time of release, but hasn't really stood up to time regarding mechanics and graphics. I enjoyed 3 and 4 both enough to feel fine having paid full price for 4.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

What? Is this true? I was going to buy this game in a 4 pack to co-op with my buddies, but if the story is SP only and co-op is only side stuff, that's super lame and I'll probably pass on the game.

I legitimately have no idea what he's talking about because I've been playing the singleplayer with a friend the whole way through.

He might mean that you don't see your buddy in the cutscenes but that's because you're both playing as the same protag.

Otherwise, you can play the entire game with a friend. Campaign, side missions, and challenges all.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The cutscenes act like you're single player/the only character but you and 3 other friends with their own loot and leveling progress can trawl through the streets and slay zombies all day long, along with all the missions (save for I guess the very first (tutorial?) and the very last.

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 27, 2015

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ZZZorcerer posted:

Nah, we get really screwed with the steam prices here. You guys get fantastic prices and we get the same as the us store. Tristeza não tem fim. :(

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Dying Light, I played it a bit at a friend's and wasn't crazy about it, but playing bro-op with some folks may just be the ticket.

ZZZorcerer posted:

Get it, it's a bloody fantastic game.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

admataY posted:

I'll join on this fun zombie killing group

1. admantY (buyer!)
2. Essobie
4. Master_Odin (http://steamcommunity.com/id/masterodin

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How is Endless Legend multiplayer?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

monster on a stick posted:

Valkyria Chronicles, maybe?

Seconded.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Does anybody know why I get the error: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."?

I have tried both waiting and contacting support as to why I cannot give steam money anymore.

It's a Greek tragedy.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZZZorc
Dying Light crew, add me on steam, I'm getting the game too

Master_Odin posted:

I'll join on this fun zombie killing group

1. admantY (buyer!)
2. Essobie
4. Master_Odin (http://steamcommunity.com/id/masterodin

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm having fun with it, despte being bad at the game so far. It's a good slow 4X experience, and I enjoy just drinking a couple beers and catching up with one of my far away friends while we play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Quite great. Really the best way to play as the AI is nowhere near as capable aa players. Another plus is that only the host needs the expansion dlc for everyone to play it.

• Locked thread