Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Does O'Brien have the luck of the Irish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Prurient Squid posted:

Does O'Brien have the luck of the Irish?

He has the luck of the Irish during the potato famine.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Remember when Keiko got a wraith in her and then started pulling faces?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I remember when Keiko got a wraith in her and threatened to murder O'Brien and he didn't notice anything wrong

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Keiko possessed by a pah wraith eating fancy chocolates and ignoring O’Brien was loving hot. I hope to have a woman who will neglect me and eat fancy chocolates some day.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Didn't Data try to convince Keiko with facts and logic to get back together with OBrien or something? Lol.

But science says you should mary this guy. Look at my equations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Keiko possessed by a pah wraith eating fancy chocolates and ignoring O’Brien was loving hot. I hope to have a woman who will neglect me and eat fancy chocolates some day.

it's her best role in both series by far

she got to have some personality beyond cardboard disapproving botanist woman

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

O'Brien: Do you have a little Irish in you?
Keiko: I have a Pah Wraith in me.
O'Brien: Great! A threesome!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
her starting a school didn't make a whole lot of sense, either. suggesting it, sure. but once sisko sent the word back to earth there would undoubtedly be throngs of actual teachers interested. the prospect would be like crack for a certain kind of idealist teacher, and given how the federation is that kind is probably in the majority.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but well, the writers had to find something for a botanist to do on a rickety space station.

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Why are there so many botanists in space? And why are they so rarely on planets?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

We all want a Peg Bundy in our lives, even if we don't realize it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

O'Brien gets a call from Wraith-possessed Keiko and scrambles out of a Jefferies tube, knocking Worf down as he runs off, shouting "I'M GETTING A NOONER!"

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

CaptainSkinny posted:

Why are there so many botanists in space? And why are they so rarely on planets?

Starfleet is actually a merchant marine entirely funded by illicit plant sales.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

CaptainSkinny posted:

In order of likelihood:

-Post scarcity society. Everyone wants to have the best and most bespoke flowers delivered every morning to their quarters from the ship's hydroponics chamber.

-Perfectly maintained botanical sections on a ship/station are an important social and psychological requirement to keep people from feeling like they're trapped in a can in space.**

-Federation's working on using plants as a secret weapon to infest enemy worlds as invasive vegetation.

-Every vessel/space station requires working botanical divisions for the purposes of emergency food, medications, and oxygen.

-Plants are a good canary for spotting unusual conditions on a ship with life forms without pesky sentient or animal rights issues. Grass starting to show up with signs of culmulative radiation damage?! Full system diagnostic, get us to a starbase, etc.

**(Apparently some city around here was super industrializing years ago and they had to put in 'microparks' all over the place because they felt the population was getting frustrated and crazy by the lack of nature and greenery.)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

We all want a Peg Bundy in our lives, even if we don't realize it.

Miiiiiles, let's have seeeex.

Uh, no Keik.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The O'Briens get time-skipped Molly out of the portal and she's died her hair blonde, is dating Matt LeBlanc, and just called Yosemite 'Yo-Sem-Ite".

naem
May 29, 2011

CaptainSkinny posted:

they keep a strategic stock of idealistic botanists ready to marry off to the ptsd riddled enlisted men their frontier battles are constantly producing with their impossible expansionist ideology

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainSkinny posted:

It actually makes sense because you gotta remember the Enterprise visits Strange New Worlds. You'd want Botanists on a ship of exploration to identify and catalogue what's found.

Also There's a new Picard Season 3 trailer and you're gonna be very disappointed at the end of it. Impressively disappointed at how they worked Brent Spiner into the show this time.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hard pass on the trailer, I'll go in as surprised as I can be. And I am not sure Picard can disappoint me at all.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Picard is so loving bad dude

I bet that trailer had 100% of the clips not containing actors stating exactly how they're feeling and a complete history supporting that explanation

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It actually makes sense because you gotta remember the Enterprise visits Strange New Worlds. You'd want Botanists on a ship of exploration to identify and catalogue what's found.

Also There's a new Picard Season 3 trailer and you're gonna be very disappointed at the end of it. Impressively disappointed at how they worked Brent Spiner into the show this time.

In attempt to drum up interest the trailer seems to have spoiled some things that could've been good reveals in the first watching.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I watched the full trailer and the nebula looks like the briar patch from Insurrection which might make the evil lady a Sona. The evil ships kind of look similar.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe she's the Dr Quinn medicine woman Baku he got down with, for reasons

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You hosed the wrong milf Picard!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I will watch Picard because their bringing back all of the TNG actors and cannot help myself

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
To boldly go where many have gone before

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Are we supposed to recognize that villain? I know the actor but I don’t know if this person is from an episode of the show or something.

No I don’t mean moriarty

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Prurient Squid posted:

There should have been an episode where O'Brien comes back to the Enterprise except now he has a confident swagger and him and Geordie butt heads.

What do you mean, "except now"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BBMFXXykk

O'Brien: "No harm in checking, I guess."
La Forge: "Really? How would you like them to give the transporter operation a little once-over?"
O'Brien: "No problem. We're totally ship-shape. :smug:"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CaptainSkinny posted:

Well a big part of Keiko's issues in DS9 are because DS9 was meant to be in orbit of Bajor and she was meant to be part of the scientific team to Bajor and working on the planet every day but instead the station moved and now she's in the rear end-middle of nowhere doing nothing with her life. I'd be pissed off too.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The nostalgia is strong but I have no faith in the Picard writers to pull it off.

Now if they had let the Lower Deck's writers do it then you would be talking.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Season Three Picard should have been Picard realizing that human cadets have lost the Starfleet Wrestling Championship every year for the last few decades.

Furious at this, Picard takes the job of groundskeeper at Starfleet Academy so he qualifies as a 'staff member' so he can coach the human wrestling team while also calling in favors from his old crew to help train the cadets.

After 5-7 episodes of finally making it to the finals, against the Vulcans, the humans lose, again.

Picard stares silently into the distance as the Vulcan logically explains the reasons his team failed in order of least to most important, topping it off with: They were only human, and from personal experience, a human can never beat a Vulcan in the art of wrestling.

As the Vulcan continues to assess the lack of human ability, Picard begins laughing, and the Vulcan feels a certain sense of... emotion. He realizing Picard is not been paying attention to him and hears a voice from the back of the arena.

"How about a rematch!"

The Vulcan turns to what Picard is looking at.

The Sisko has returned from his time training with the Prophets and his theme music begins playing.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 9, 2022

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

La Forge: "Really? How would you like them to give the transporter operation a little once-over?"

If I was O'Brien,

The last thing I would do is draw more attention to myself.
What good is going to come from this?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

If I was O'Brien,

It's the classic serial killer mind games he plays knowing that he's cleaned up all the DNA and fingerprints and evidence. Taunting them into wasting their time is for his amusement.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Beef City posted:

If I was O'Brien,

This episode was way before the writers got onto their "O'Brien must suffer :black101:" kick; he really didn't have much go wrong for him until he went to the Cardie slave space smelter

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SuddenCactus posted:

You hosed the wrong milf Picard!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The General posted:

Hard pass on Picard at all.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

davidspackage posted:

Miiiiiles, let's have seeeex.

Uh, no Keiko. You're twelve.

But Miiiiiiiiiiilllllles, what if they can't reverse it

... are you mad at me because i'm NOT a feckin' nonce? is that the argument we're having right now?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*uncomfortable audience laughter, hesitant applause*

*Riker walks into the scene, audience hoots like apes for minutes as the actor visibly becomes annoyed*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BBMFXXykk

The absolute BOY.