Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

LOOK SHE'S NOT BAJORAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

They are biological version of the Borg, with the exception that their assimilation is irreversible. So one of the few things something like Borg would fear, really.

And since we are nicking stuff from STO anyways, and they are sort-of-canon, I'd say there is a good chance that we get a mushroom-man season. They can even tie that DISCO mushroom drive to them appearing giving ex-disco characters some screentime, like STO did. Why come up with new poo poo when you can copypaste stuff from 10+ year old MMORPG no-one besides hardcore fans ever played?

That's the exact kind of playground one-upsmanship these hack producers would love too

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
https://youtu.be/6O9iXIw11Fk

I wonder how accurate this is

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I admit I’m a little surprised they didn’t ask Denise Crosby back and be the Romulan villain

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Denise Crosby plays an exploding console. 7 hours of makeup.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

where would she keep the rocks though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that in Discovery they have fixed exploding consoles by rerouting all explosions into AEW Entrance Pyro in the background.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It looks so loving bad lmao. You can just hear the set designer assure the producers that “it would look great on camera”.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The bridge flamethrowers to me screams 'the set designers had extra money in their budget that they needed to spend on something, so they came up with that'

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FlamingLiberal posted:

The bridge flamethrowers to me screams 'the set designers had extra money in their budget that they needed to spend on something, so they came up with that'

"We made this huge bridge set, how're we gonna fill all the empty space?"

"Uhhhh..."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Janeway gets the thirst and edits her own perfect boyfriend holodeck Irishman is pretty Barclay territory

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
When Voyager got home there were likely a lot of whispering about how, "Hey, I know, we've ALL done it with a simulation on the holodeck at some time or another. But that was a ship was full of nothing but holodeck sex addicts. Only explanation. They got in trouble for having sex with aliens and get this: Even their EMH even got programmed for sex."

"No wonder they made Barclay an honorary member of the crew..."

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That kind of makes me wonder what happened to all the Maquis once Voyager got back. The Maquis were completely wiped out by Cardassia and the Dominion. So did Star Fleet bother imprisoning the literal terrorist when they got back to Earth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Janeway gets the thirst and edits her own perfect boyfriend holodeck Irishman is pretty Barclay territory

Honesty it’s the exact opposite of Barclay territory. Everyone, especially the doctor, pushing her to treat the relationship as something real and long term romantic rather than a fling to relax is the weird part. Janeway is just treating the holodeck like it should be.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hollismason posted:

That kind of makes me wonder what happened to all the Maquis once Voyager got back. The Maquis were completely wiped out by Cardassia and the Dominion. So did Star Fleet bother imprisoning the literal terrorist when they got back to Earth.

Chakotay stayed in Starfleet and was captain of the Protostar a few years later so I'm gonna say they were pretty lenient.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Depending on each Maquis' individual involvement in the group, many of their crimes might have exceeded the statue of limitations. Plus the government of Cardassia has gone through at least a couple of coups/revolutions in the intervening years, so whatever the current Cardassian regime is when they return, it might have different priorities.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I'm pretty sure that whatever treaty that the Maquis were fighting against became basically null and void the moment the Federation and the Dominion went to war. Given how decisively the Federation and its allies ultimately won the war, I would be very surprised if any remnant of the Demilitarized Zone remained. There's no benefit to enforcing a dead treaty. The Maquis on Voyager returned to a world where they are no longer criminals, at the price of almost everyone they love being dead!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Welcome back. The good news is you can return to your colony where your ancestors lived for *checks notes* 56 years. The bad news is you'll be the only one there.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Welcome back. The good news is you can return to your colony where your ancestors lived for *checks notes* 56 years. The bad news is you'll be the only one there.

But hey, you like farming, right? Better get started on those tomatoes!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hollismason posted:

What's funny is it's right after Pathfinder iirc, an episode ABOUT Reg Barclay dealing with holodeck addiction.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

They were forced to serve under Captain Janeway for 7 years, haven't they suffered enough?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

If they were smart they should've kept Janeway in a holodeck Voyager simulation until they made it home. Possibly decades sooner.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
gently caress Bajor

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you go bajor way, i'll go mine

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Also, don't worry, the Bajorans are going to help you get back on your feet. Why are you laughing? No, the Bajorans are like the most powerful government in this area of space right. This is NOT A JOKE! If you don't shut up their gods will hear us!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Should have put Barclay in a holodeck sim where he's a Bajoran teenage lady whose parents are dead

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

PenisMonkey posted:

gently caress Bajor

Yeah the Bajorans suck but aren't the Cardassians partly to blame for that?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
No

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Bajorans had a hosed up repressive caste system before the spoonheads showed up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A caste system that if you tried to break out of, you'd be murdered by a priest

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

lol if of all things they went with a villain from insurrection

the final boss of the TNGverse needs to be one of the space irish

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That's it. Vadic is a renegade from that colony. Picard seduced her which made her fascinated in galactic politics and spaceship technology, but he kicks her to the curb and treats her with so much disrespect by not doing any of this on camera that she eventually gets her own doomsday ship to exact revenge. The only way to fight her is with the help of a Victorian British super villain. It all makes sense.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Or maybe she's the grandma from his Dickensian Christmas fantasy in the Nexus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vadic is the Famke Jansen character whose life was ruined by imprinting on Picard. She ran away from her husband and crash landed on Armus planet and merged with Armus which is why she wears all black and has black hair and wants revenge on Picard.

naem
May 29, 2011

Famke is very pretty and I just wanted to post that here on the internet

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

Holdeck four is that way, sir.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

naem posted:

Oh no, she's gonna crush Picard with her thighs :ohdear:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched the DS9 Lower Decks episode. Kira and Quark sound so old, but it was nice hearing them all the same. Kira should have threatened Quark more.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

crash landed on Armus planet and merged with Armus which is why she wears all black and has black hair and wants revenge on Picard.

sounds more like tasha yar bonded with the skin of evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

I watched the DS9 Lower Decks episode. Kira and Quark sound so old, but it was nice hearing them all the same. Kira should have threatened Quark more.

Does Quark sound like they made him put the teeth in again?