Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

is this him behind the first Syrian allowed to enter? https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/825423374570643456
oh ya has to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Hayes is tweeting about being at JFK to protest the Muslim ban... is this him behind the first Syrian allowed to enter?

haha a couple months ago I was nearby the big Harvard vs. Yale game and I saw probably twenty Hayeses in ten minutes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hayes is good people :unsmith:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Oh that's actually Hayes. That's awesome, good dude

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Hayes is now prominently in the background of the photo on the front page of NYTimes (image: https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/01/29/us/29xp-refugees2/29xp-refugees2-largeHorizontal375.jpg).

On a tangentially related note, I've really enjoyed both Sean and Hayes's interviews on High and Mighty. It's really refreshing hearing them dropping their characters and talking about things that they are actually into.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

drainpipe posted:

Hayes is now prominently in the background of the photo on the front page of NYTimes (image: https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/01/29/us/29xp-refugees2/29xp-refugees2-largeHorizontal375.jpg).

On a tangentially related note, I've really enjoyed both Sean and Hayes's interviews on High and Mighty. It's really refreshing hearing them dropping their characters and talking about things that they are actually into.

If you haven't heard it already there's a really good episode of Will Hine's podcast Sean did about The Mountain Goats where he's very sincere and it's definitely worth listening to

http://dontgetmestarted.libsyn.com/sean-clements-the-mountain-goats

Also maybe this is kind of weird to link (I saw it today in the reddit comments of that high and mighty episode) but he wrote a little about his addiction after Philip Seymour Hoffman died

https://www.facebook.com/clemsean/posts/10151852223031537

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Help Im Alive posted:

Also maybe this is kind of weird to link (I saw it today in the reddit comments of that high and mighty episode) but he wrote a little about his addiction after Philip Seymour Hoffman died

Not weird at all and thank you for posting this.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

If you haven't heard it already there's a really good episode of Will Hine's podcast Sean did about The Mountain Goats where he's very sincere and it's definitely worth listening to

http://dontgetmestarted.libsyn.com/sean-clements-the-mountain-goats
That ep totally made me reconsider The Mountain Goats, a project I had dismissed for years for being so literal and on the nose. And he talks about drugs and addiction and coolness in a way I 100% vibe with. I had never seen that Facebook before, that was really touching. Hell, that last High and Mighty made me want to get that book and quit smoking ciggies. Hayes will forever be my podcast boyfriend, but Sincere Sean really gets to me.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 29, 2017

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this. Sean is absolutely hilarious and the Hollywood Handbook podcast is one of my favorite things in the world since I first heard it. Now.....while I don't have any hollywood aspirations......I get this. I don't have any issues with drugs.....but alcohol has been a major issue for me for 10+ years. Fortunately it hasn't derailed my life.....but it's caused me nothing but problems.....some more serious than others. Reading something like this from someone that you admire helps put some things into perspective. PSH happens to be one of my favorite actors as well. Almost Famous is nearly a perfect movie. And I completely agree that PSH stole the show. One of my favorite movie quotes of all time was his:

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I often wonder how Sean feels about Jon Wurster after hearing him talk so candidly about the Mountain Goats.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Hayes got woke.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Shout out to Hayes. He was there when there was like 12 people demonstrating.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hayes probably used his Boston-area education to organize the whole operation.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Hell, that last High and Mighty made me want to get that book and quit smoking ciggies.

PFT has talked about using the same book to great success. It's apparently rock-stupid advice, but it somehow works...like weird, printed hypnosis.

It's even available on Nintendo DS

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

PFT has talked about using the same book to great success. It's apparently rock-stupid advice, but it somehow works...like weird, printed hypnosis.

It's even available on Nintendo DS

I used the book to quit smoking. It's a lot of stuff you already know (smoking is bad for your health!) but also makes you think about stuff like how much you've spent on smoking.

Plus it tells you to keep smoking while you finish the book so maybe it just shames the hell out of you for reading all this stuff while smoking away.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's gotta be Hayes, because that's the look of a man who is completely unconcerned about responding to Sean's texts.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha a couple months ago I was nearby the big Harvard vs. Yale game and I saw probably twenty Hayeses in ten minutes

lol

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tatumje posted:

Hayes probably used his Boston-area education to organize the whole operation.

He was still hunting the Wendigabrus out on Long Island and it tricked him into the airport.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How'd the meeting with the new bossman go today for the boys?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
it was an excellent episode

cams
Mar 28, 2003

trump HATES the episodes of hollywood handbook with just hayes and tom

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Also, be sure to listen all the way to the very very end of the episode.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I finally looked up TruTV's Santas in the Barn show that Gabrus has mentioned in the past and it came up in the previous episode.

The show aired last year but this bio is written like its from 2013...... anyways I am now seeking out Gabrus on Rugby.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

How'd the meeting with the new bossman go today for the boys?

Bannon was so surprisingly game and great.

cams posted:

trump HATES the episodes of hollywood handbook with just hayes and tom

The Sklar Burger King commercial podcast and "He wants more Sklars" had me lollin.

soggybagel posted:

anyways I am now seeking out Gabrus on Rugby.
OMG I can't even imagine, would be transcendent. Like if it was a weekly roundup show "Eyyyy look at this lovely scrum this jagoff from Wasps was in this weekend"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

yeah I was surprised I've heard a lot of negativity about bannon recently

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

yeah I was surprised I've heard a lot of negativity about bannon recently

Does a lot of the negativity you are hearing about him also include Trump?

Because that's a different Bannon.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Personally I heard that I wouldn't like him when he's angry.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

drainpipe posted:

Also, be sure to listen all the way to the very very end of the episode.

Caught me off-guard, because I didn't remember the earlier reference.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

So is Howl officially dead? The website is still up but I saw someone on Twitter this weekend tweet something about Stitcher's new app. Then some host on Monday said something to the likes of "find that episode on your favorite premium Earwolf app". And on today's I Was There Too Matt Gourley says to use Stitcher Premium to listen to a past episode.

Obviously I wouldn't put it past Earwolf to gently caress up a rollout, but did they ever do an announcement that the wolf dead?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
On the newest I Was There Too episode, Matt Gourley says to find old episodes on Stitcher Premium.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
In I Was There Too's most recent episode, Matt Gourley says Stitcher Premiums where you should go for a previous episode.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
"Stitcher Premium is the place for previous episodes," Matt Gourley announced to his listeners on his podcast I Was There Too, " please stop asking."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
"SEARCH STITCHER", GOURLEY GABS

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hannibal Burress' podcast is off Earwolf... but also has the exact same name and logo. So search for the feed that has his latest episode with Eric Andre to resubscribe.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

So is Howl officially dead? The website is still up but I saw someone on Twitter this weekend tweet something about Stitcher's new app. Then some host on Monday said something to the likes of "find that episode on your favorite premium Earwolf app". And on today's I Was There Too Matt Gourley says to use Stitcher Premium to listen to a past episode.

Obviously I wouldn't put it past Earwolf to gently caress up a rollout, but did they ever do an announcement that the wolf dead?

At some point probably in the near future all Howl.fm accounts are going to be merged into Stitcher, I believe there's already an option to migrate. It was definitely the plan the second Midroll purchased Stitcher as there's no point in maintaining two apps and the Howl app was a complete disaster. Note that I have not used Stitcher ever so I don't know how much better it actually is, but if nothing else it has to have more brand recognition.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If howl dies that would be great. I hold my grudges against brands seriously. I don't have a grudge against stitcher, whatever the gently caress that is.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
All I know about Stitcher is that noted angry person Dave Anthony from The Dollop is angry at it.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Seconding the call for howl's death, but even if stitcher is better (which it seems like it would have to by default), the main problem of having to use a separate app for some podcasts remains, so I'm still not interested. I'll be damned if I let those bastards get their hands on my analytics!!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Krinkle posted:

If howl dies that would be great. I hold my grudges against brands seriously. I don't have a grudge against stitcher, whatever the gently caress that is.

All I know is it worked fine on my old Nexus 7 for podcasts but that was a couple years ago :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
can't wait to hear that death howl :D