Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, I feel like dealing with “The Sound” in a raid series would be a pretty decent way to handle things. If they want a clean break for stories beyond 6.0, you probably wouldn’t want to make The Sound the next major story because it ties too much to the current story, and, personally, I don’t find the concept interesting enough to carry a multi-expansion story arc. But that’s just my opinion.
I imagine the main issue is that you want to make it so the problem is adequately resolved in the MSQ or otherwise it's a loose end. "The origin of the problem behind all of this" is a little different from "some leftover Bahamut poo poo," "gobbietime robotfun," "the Omega tournament arc," and "restoring the Empty and helping our daughter's girlfriend"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Nessus posted:

I imagine the main issue is that you want to make it so the problem is adequately resolved in the MSQ or otherwise it's a loose end. "The origin of the problem behind all of this" is a little different from "some leftover Bahamut poo poo," "gobbietime robotfun," "the Omega tournament arc," and "restoring the Empty and helping our daughter's girlfriend"

I'd say it would be exactly like Omega, if they end up focusing on some sort of Hydaelyn/Zodiark final battle instead of the endbeasts/The Sound stuff. Omega appears and is of absolutely critical importance right before 4.0... and then just kinda disappears into a big hole forever, as far as the main plot is concerned.

Like, Omega is the reason that Heavensward happened, because it chased Midgardsormr across the stars until he landed on the Source. "Here's the secret truth behind X plot thing" is exactly what they put in content like raid series.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I was just about to type something up but I feel like you addressed it more eloquently than I could have.

Controversial take - I don’t find “The Sound” that interesting/compelling. If anything, it feels like a loose end to the current story arc and I feel like loose ends are best tied up in the raids.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I feel like it's gonna be The Sound, but also I like the idea that it's Lahabrea's horrible little man cave that he lived in in-between setting up calamities.

They shoved the source of the Flood of Light into the last raid series, and they've said before that they do want the 8 man normal raids to tie more heavily back into the MSQ (and it's something people have asked for since Alexander ended up being more of a side story), so yeah I'm down with it being The Sound.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I could see us fighting fragments of Elidibus’s past memories (and the Ascians’) as we get deeper to the bottom of whatever it is. There are some more questions and cool Ascian poo poo to gently caress with, like Elidibus’s hero past, Emet-Selch’s iterations— especially Solus as a young man forging the empire. Seems like SE wants to finish the Ascians but they left a few hooks along the way that might be compelling.

In any event I’m just excited for more FF14 to play

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
FFXIV did wrap up Bahamut and fixing the First through the raids, which was pretty significant

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
i'm still going with final zone being the underworld, final boss being lavos 'the sound', and pandaemonium being lahabrea setting himself up as king of hell since he died

also i definitely don't feel myths of the realm is gonna be straight "let's kill some gods", prob gonna start with more delving into memories of azem or something

petcarcharodon fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 23, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thetoughestbean posted:

FFXIV did wrap up Bahamut and fixing the First through the raids, which was pretty significant

yea tbh it's actually very on brand for FF14 to wrap up an important but not massively required for MSQ closure story beat in raids, that's kinda what raids are for.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

24-player raids have 4 bosses per raid and there's three raids and twelve gods :v:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you should get special dialogue for the encounter that matches your patron saint

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vitamean posted:

you should get special dialogue for the encounter that matches your patron saint

I'm gonna be a bit bummed if there's nothing for this, yea. Just a little extra dialogue option of 'oh, I follow them' and a bit of extra 'ah then you'll be well aware (something interesting about the fight)' is all it'd take to make them feel a bit more connected to a usually thoughtless choice we made.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vitamean posted:

Only if I also get the option to be a lapsed Rhalgrist.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Will we finally get to see Thal's balls?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

FuturePastNow posted:

Will we finally get to see Thal's balls?

Surely handling them will be the most important mechanic during the fight with Nald'thal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Surely handling them will be the most important mechanic during the fight with Nald'thal.

There is a zero percent chance they don’t have an ability that involves something like summoned orbs called “Thal’s Balls.” Koji would never let that pass.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea even if they don't literally name it that there's no way the Nald'Thal fight doesn't involve balls

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Koji banging his fist on the raid design team desk: "YOU GOTTA GIVE ME THE BALLS! THE BALLS!"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

sexpig by night posted:

Koji banging his fist on the raid design team desk: "YOU GOTTA GIVE ME THE BALLS! THE BALLS!"

Limsa Balls

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
thal is revealed to be a dancer and you have to avoid a stomping attack

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont think they gave me any special thing for my character birthday so im not optimistic about them referencing the other thing on the login screen

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Everything we've seen about Endwalker has indicated we're going to be diving deep into the truth of the End of Days in our quest to find out how and why Fandaniel started it up again. Really don't think they're gonna relegate that to a raid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The villains plan is directly stated to recreate or kick off the End of Days again and this time let it all burn down. The MSQ is gonna cover it, lol.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont think they gave me any special thing for my character birthday so im not optimistic about them referencing the other thing on the login screen

if you get married you and your partner's patron saint symbol is on the wall of the chapel

kinda cute

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

I'm expecting the secret final zone to be the center of the earth, where the lifestream and the heart of the star is and where the Sound originated from. The climax will take place there as Hydaelyn and Zodiark are gone, meaning that the heroes have to fix the heart of the star/laws of reality to prevent the Sound from returning.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Moofia Boss Val posted:

I'm expecting the secret final zone to be the center of the earth, where the lifestream and the heart of the star is and where the Sound originated from. The climax will take place there as Hydaelyn and Zodiark are gone, meaning that the heroes have to fix the heart of the star/laws of reality to prevent the Sound from returning.
You mean... the login screen?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/saucemynoodle/status/1452367509886283782?s=21

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

He can be missing parts of his neck and his eyes all he wants, I just want them to put that outfit in the cash shop.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/lizardtown/status/1453795183250886662?s=21

Five of them.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

my friend died at the very end of the bozja incident as as far as I know she has to redo the whole thing over again.... ooof

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Apropos of nothing, a theory a friend of mine put forward that I like enough to repost around to see if people agree with it:

The Magus Sisters are all aspects of the Arkasodara's real primal: they're the three faces of Asura.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 29, 2021

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cleretic posted:

Apropos of nothing, a theory a friend of mine put forward that I like enough to repost around to see if people agree with it:

The Magus Sisters are all aspects of the Arkasodara's real primal: they're the three faces of Asura.

Well gently caress, off to Bozja to farm Light Curtains I guess. :v:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I think I'm down with this!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Make "Float" a role action for healers for one dungeon with damage tiles so we can relive the glorious days of waiting around for the healer to cast protect before we could move.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Haha. gently caress the Feymarch.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

https://twitter.com/auuo/status/1454286325931147267

He's cleared 5.3

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Christ, I thought he finished HW like last week

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
Checking his twitter, he started playing/posting about it on September 28th. Dude must have a lot of free time.

E: Also, apparently Yasumi Matsuno's personal, in-game character name is "Wandering Dramaturge". :lol:

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 30, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im telling you, hes skipping cutscenes

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

He just doesn’t want his free month to go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I like that his character name is literally just his own name.