Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Black Griffon posted:

Hey how's the player count for the MP these days? Enough that you can just hop on and shoot poo poo for a bit outside NA time zones or nah?

As long as you're not top 1% skill wise you should be ok I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm in Western Europe and I never have to wait longer than 30 seconds to start a match in the evening, weekdays and weekends.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

As long as you're not top 1% skill wise you should be ok I think.

drat, guess I can’t play :smug:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is there still the plan to have this be the only Halo game for a decade? Seems like a wasted opportunity to leave behind the 2013 console. Xbox One will be what, 18 years old by that time?

I’m gonna need 10 years to finish all these battlepasses I keep buying even though I don’t play more than one match a week, what is wrong with me.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I am at a loss. This is not so much a Halo Infinite post, but rather an Xbox gamepass audio problem. I need help!

I play Halo Infinite on my computer connected to a flatscreen tv, using the Xbox app with gamepass. I use an Xbox One controller connected via USB.

My goal: to be able to use some sort of headset, to hear voice chat in my ear, and game audio through my TV.

My problem: even though all audio settings appear correct in both the Halo settings, and Windows game bar, voice chat is still incorrect.

My team mates voice comes through the TV audio, and not in my ear. I am using an Xbox one headset that connects to my controller. Gamebar audio says that communications/voice input and output is definitely going to and from my USB connected Xbox controller headset.

WTF!

This is so frustrating. I do not like wearing gaming headsets that have game audio and voice chat going to bulky over the ear headphones.

I just want to have an Airpod or the controller headset on one ear for voice, and hear everything else from my TV speakers.

OH one more thing: Whenever I join an xbox party, it works exactly as I want. But I do not want to be in a party, I want to be able to speak with the randos that get put on my team!

shootforit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 11, 2024

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Infinite plays really weird with Windows settings. You might have to disable any other input/output devices in the audio settings to force it to use the ones you want.

I use Sony XM3s and I had to manually disable the device drivers through Windows to make it stop detecting the lovely headset feature made for taking phone calls. Infinite defaulted to playing everything through the headset (not the headphones) output, which sounded like a tin can at 1% volume.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I cannot convey the joy the pride flag waving grunt emblem brings me.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
How is game? Have not played game in about eight months. Game seemed to be headed towards sunset then?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Game good, play game

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I really want to like Infinite multiplayer more but it feels like it should feel more like Apex Legends to me. A few years back there were rumours of a Halo Battle Royale game - I take it there's no evidence that that is or ever was a thing?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

If I remember right the rumors were that Certain Affinity were developing a Halo BR but apparently it was canceled. While Halo gameplay is ideal for a BR game I think they probably looked at the market and assumed it's already crowded enough and they simply left it too late to try and compete in that space. Maybe it was something else, though? I dunno but I can't imagine a Halo BR not being incredibly fun since the core Halo gameplay and feel is so satisfying and the vehicles and pickups and fun physics etc. are all there.

I read something a while back about some 343 developer (I think?) letting slip that 343 had a lot of project pitches shot down by Microsoft, ideas to take the IP in new directions such as ODST and apparently they even pitched a game near-identical to Helldivers 2 long before it was even announced. Shame that they don't get to experiment with titles that don't carry the weight and expectations of a main entry in the IP.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Microsoft is seemingly allergic to Halo spinoffs these days and will reject a pitch out of hand if it doesn't have the title Halo immediately followed by a number sign.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Sales-wise I think the franchise peaked with Halo 3 and regardless of your tastes, it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that the 343 stuff has not been as broadly successful. MS execs would have better numbers to back that up, and their behavior and the general state of their business says “we don’t want to spend more money chasing the dragon on this”.

My guess is the next Halo thing will be relatively low risk. My hope would be for Halo 3 Anniversary, but after the years long rolling clusterfuck of the production of MCC, maybe the idea isn’t appealing.

Infinite is obviously winding down this year but it’s hard to be sure how long they want it to linger since the game has been crawling since near the start.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just release the game with a working forge mode.
That’s literally all you have to do for the next Halo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So it seems that the next halo game announcement was leaked and its a Halo Combat Evolved remake. Not a remaster, but a remake.

I'm sick to death of remakes.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They can't seem to make a good new Halo so they're betting safely. I have little interest in buying Halo: Combat Evolved yet again, but for $70 this time.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Arc Hammer posted:

So it seems that the next halo game announcement was leaked and its a Halo Combat Evolved remake. Not a remaster, but a remake.

I'm sick to death of remakes.

If this is true, that is loving pathetic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Halo Infinite: a back to basics "let's make a entire game out of the second level of CE".

Halo 7: Let's just remake CE.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Halo CE is still a better game than anything 343 has made so yeah why not. Can’t screw it up, right?

theyre gonna screw it up

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

skasion posted:

Halo CE is still a better game than anything 343 has made so yeah why not

CE's multiplayer is pretty dire, I think 343 has at least done better than that!!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

They should just jump to remaking Halo 2 and 3 together into one continuous game and make it all look like those super hifi cutscenes from the MCC remaster of 2.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

they should remake all the halos for modern consoles and then put them into some sort of collection, together

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I am ready for the Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 Collection

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SettingSun posted:

I am ready for the Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 Collection

The Halo Reclaimermaker Saga.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Just release forge tools as a game and let the community do everything

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Discovering Speed Halo way back when changed my life

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

skasion posted:

Sales-wise I think the franchise peaked with Halo 3 and regardless of your tastes, it’s hard to avoid the conclusion that the 343 stuff has not been as broadly successful. MS execs would have better numbers to back that up, and their behavior and the general state of their business says “we don’t want to spend more money chasing the dragon on this”.

My guess is the next Halo thing will be relatively low risk. My hope would be for Halo 3 Anniversary, but after the years long rolling clusterfuck of the production of MCC, maybe the idea isn’t appealing.

Infinite is obviously winding down this year but it’s hard to be sure how long they want it to linger since the game has been crawling since near the start.

Eh, even if you believe the games hold a smaller share of the market than Halo 2 and 3, the market has grown so much that you can offset that. Problem right now is the console market is not growing into Next Gen basically at all.

Also, probably the safest bet in gaming right now is a remake of a huge seller. Game press will even give you GOTY noms for remaking a thing they already loved.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I've already bought CE 3 times technically I'm not buying it a 4th

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Abroham Lincoln posted:

they should remake all the halos for modern consoles and then put them into some sort of collection, together

tbf the remaster of CE was pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SPV3 but everything looks worse