Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

I never got drunk enough to imagine alcoholic drinks as women.
Am I missing out?

I suspect the real fun occurs several stages of drunkenness later, where you start imagining women as alcoholic drinks. The police might get involved at point, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*dragged out by police*
She said her name was Margarita, how was I to know?!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Here's page six (out of twentysomething) of THE WEATHER BUREAU
Meanwhile it hasn't rained here in two weeks and I'd really like Captain Neb to arrive with an extra cloud to help out.

ALSO I've finally got the new Redbubble shop thingy up, if you want your own Avigraph bird colour mashup grid poster. I also put up a bunch of other random drawings on there. Who knows, maybe my melancholic gardening robot will be the next big thing?
https://www.redbubble.com/people/TreeBucketDraws/shop?asc=u

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Different Country Diary

Even just moving a family's belongings can take several days. It's much worse having to sort through their things and dealing with the all the emotional debris

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

want to draw but just sitting head empty style listening to guilty gear soundtracks how is every song so good

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I cannot wait till he gets loving stabbed. I haven't read ahead at all I just hope he gets loving stabbed.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Josef bugman posted:

I cannot wait till he gets loving stabbed. I haven't read ahead at all I just hope he gets loving stabbed.

Sausage is going to eat his face.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Kennel posted:

Tiger, Tiger

very good lol

i dunno if i will be able to be more productive today than this, but enjoy (or don't!) some mousepad sketches i did for new characters: axolotl and jumping spider. we may see them again in a more polished form, but here's the first drafts of ideas i've been kicking around for a day or two.

inspired by Hyouge Mono i designed an axolotl that sticks his gills out to look like a samurai helmet, and also carries a stick around in his mouth to look fierce. Also: exciting inclusions such as SIDE VIEW. BIG MOUTH. and the exxxtreme one handed tail surfing.

i think snail would love to have a pet, but what kind of a pet would a snail have? spider-puppy. i ended up making what looks like a cross between poochy from yoshi's island and the nintendo switch dog face.
plus BUT as a cute baby spider friend.

don't worry snail will regenerate just fine from the venom-coated spider-puppy kisses

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

Sausage is going to become Ludovica's girlfriend after killing him.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

mycatscrimes posted:

Sausage is going to become Ludovica's girlfriend after killing him.

For sure. It was Ludovica's ancestor who bought peace to the two cities by being an unconventional turbo-babe and I expect the same approach will work for ending the ancient enmity between humanity and the sea-demons.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

God, Rakkatak is the worst.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 73: My Song Is Your Song

Looks like Ishida can still be pretty sassy even at his lowest.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37.2: Verification Office's Conquests

Oh dear.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

???? Must Be Destroyed: 2 (+1)

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Beank and Rosa: Shadowcrawl!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

???? Must Be Destroyed: 2 (+1)

Haunted House to Alien Invasion plot twist? I have to say, I was expecting the water planet to be the antagonist somehow.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Haunted House to Alien Invasion plot twist? I have to say, I was expecting the water planet to be the antagonist somehow.

Yeah it’s definitely set up to look like grandpa was gonna become villainous after understanding humanity but, psych, he’s actually a wholesome planet-spanning alien life form. You weren’t wrong, though, the antagonist is a water planet, it’s just the other one

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 06:37 on Apr 22, 2024

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I see this week's Heathcliff theme is statues. I would have expected Jimmy Island to be more popular, though.

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah it’s definitely set up to look like grandpa was gonna become villainous after understanding humanity but, psyche, he’s actually a wholesome planet-spanning alien life form. You weren’t wrong, though, the antagonist is a water planet, it’s just the other one

“We're more of the spikes, water, and imperialism planet. Well, we can do you water and spikes without the imperialism, and we can do you water and imperialism without the spikes, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you spikes and imperialism without the water. Water is compulsory. They're all water, you see.”

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Emzedoh posted:

“We're more of the spikes, water, and imperialism planet. Well, we can do you water and spikes without the imperialism, and we can do you water and imperialism without the spikes, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you spikes and imperialism without the water. Water is compulsory. They're all water, you see.”

Souboutei and Soubeitei Aren't Dead?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Tree Bucket posted:

please let this happen.

She should have thrown him overboard with weights when she had the chance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 73: My Song Is Your Song

Looks like Ishida can still be pretty sassy even at his lowest.
He's becoming a super tea badass.

quote:

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 37.2: Verification Office's Conquests

I dont think I've mentioned how much I love this comic recently.

Synthbuttrange has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Apr 22, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Souboutei and Soubeitei Aren't Dead?

More's the pity.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I dont think I've mentioned how much I love this comic recently.

There's nothing else quite like it :D

If there's anything else quite like it, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think its like Dungeon Meshi in terms of in depth world building. They're both obviously based off video game dungeon and fantasy tropes and both like extensively push the ideas to their insane logical conclusions but DM takes it more seriously and organically as part of a real world, while HDC leans more towards the game ridiculousness side.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I think the thing that makes the difference is that the author is a bone fide medieval history enthusiast and the grounding that gives to the setting makes the rpg nonsense even sillier.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
All the little Hildegard of Bingen references, mixed in with magic sushi and predatory anteaters. It's so weird

e:

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

inspired by Hyouge Mono i designed an axolotl that sticks his gills out to look like a samurai helmet

This is one of my new favorite sentences.

ee:

Synthbuttrange posted:

please let this happen.

She should have thrown him overboard with weights when she had the chance.

Yeah, Tiger Tiger (why is it called that??) is, like Necropolis, one of those comics I'll have to draw my own, poorly rendered ending for if the actual one doesn't arrive/isn't satisfying

eee: can someone explain the latest Suboutei update for me, a moron?

Tree Bucket has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Apr 22, 2024

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#586: Value Of Life - The Doctor Is In

#587: Value Of Life - I Can't WAIT To Be King

#588: Value Of Life - Last Leg Parts

MS Paint Masterpieces
#589: Value Of Life - Nine Tenths Of The Law

#590: Value Of Life - Possibly Bad

#592: Value Of Life - No Strings Attached

ferret cheats a lot on pixel sizes to get better expressiveness out of sprites, especially wily here

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

All the little Hildegard of Bingen references, mixed in with magic sushi and predatory anteaters. It's so weird

Is it not glorious?

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 45: Good Sake

Fortunately, Ootsuki appears to be a jovial drunk.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

eee: can someone explain the latest Suboutei update for me

my read is that the dominating planet either doesn't realize or doesn't care that the planet it is sucking dry is sentient. the dominant planet is experiencing a similar life threatening crisis as planet earth (diminishing ozone layer or equivalent causing life as they know it to be threatened by unfiltered radiation from their sun). so at the end of this update the humans realize that the dominating planet is just trying to protect itself from extinction, though in the process killing water grandpa planet. and also now threatening to invade our earth. i could even be wrong but this is what im thinking.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats exactly it. The 'evil' invaders arent doing it because they're jerks, they want to live badly.

Now they've found earth.

Wait what the gently caress does this have to do with a haunted house.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
If there's gonna be a link, other than just explaining Souboutei's motivations, I'd guess that the Bad Planet saw Grandpa Planet turning humans into weapons, and decided to copy that playbook. Except instead of them volunteering to do so because the planet was nice to them, it breaks them apart by reviving their worst memories so they become an empty vessel for it to take over.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That makes a fuckton of sense.

All that's left is why the hell it moved into a haunted house to do this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The bad planet is still very amoral though, it's regarding the grandpa planet as 'merely our nutrition'.

IDIOT BAD PLANET YOU COULD JUST HAVE STOLEN A GAS GIANT. they have plenty of atmosphere and you could have just stolen a bit and no one would have even noticed.

Except the slylandro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHcVzqicHE

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

OH i just remembered that inside the souboutei on earth there is that painter dude he's probably the evil version of grandpa water planet guy. HE at least seems to be a malevolent force though perhaps not physically strong (otherwise he prob would just be liquifying the people inside the mansion Takoha included instead of doing the whole haunted song and dance)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It sent all the murderfish away so all it has is a lovely painter.

How much harm could one painter do? (oh... right)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

OH i just remembered that inside the souboutei on earth there is that painter dude he's probably the evil version of grandpa water planet guy. HE at least seems to be a malevolent force though perhaps not physically strong (otherwise he prob would just be liquifying the people inside the mansion Takoha included instead of doing the whole haunted song and dance)

Maybe? I'm getting the feeling the painter is Just A Dude that managed to make contact with the evil planet and strike some kind of bargain with it. Befriending Takoha over art talk seems out of character for an all-consuming planetary intelligence.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I’m digging that a lot of this speculation is coming pretty close to the mark. Y’all are clever and the author did a good job planting enough hints that you can go off of them to reach these conclusions. It’ll be a while before the comic elaborates fully on these questions but it’s a pretty great moment

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

By essentially chance, I didn't start reading Soboutei when it started, so I've been skipping it since and skimming discussion of it. I've been made curious plenty of times, but this current flurry of speculation is probably what nudges me into catching up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

The bad planet is still very amoral though, it's regarding the grandpa planet as 'merely our nutrition'.

IDIOT BAD PLANET YOU COULD JUST HAVE STOLEN A GAS GIANT. they have plenty of atmosphere and you could have just stolen a bit and no one would have even noticed.

Except the slylandro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHcVzqicHE

The one thing we know the slylandro don't notice is an out-of-control lust for resources resulting in disaster on a planetary scale