Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for saying “that’s a mother-daughter moment, not a father-son”?

quote:

So, my (42F) bf (44M) has two sons (26M and 21M) most of kids’ lives it’s been just the three of them ever since their mother left, I came into the picture 3 years ago, of course they don’t see me as a mother but we get along.

So now to the issue, 26M is getting married to his Fiancé (24M) this June 3rd, so my bf loves his kids, they are his everything, so bf says he wants to do something special on his son's wedding and came up with the idea of dancing together with his son “Slipping through my fingers” by ABBA, my bf says this song has a significant meaning for him because his babies are no longer “babies”, his son agreed, I get it the song is nice, I like it but it’s meant to be between a mother and a daughter not a father and a son so I told my bf that it’s a dumb idea, that song it’s not for father and son, IT’S A FACT.

I’ve been to a gay wedding before and they didn’t do this father-son thing, if someone were to dance with him it was his mom (but they didn’t invite her) or his grandma and ultimately me but not my bf.

Now bf and 26M are mad at me and threaten to uninvite me from the wedding if I keep up with this “attitude” but it’s not attitude, it’s a fact.

Now, my question is, am I being unreasonable? Am I being the AH? I’m just saying the truth, that song is a for a mother and a daughter, I think my bf’s love for his kids and sadness for “losing” him doesn’t let him see facts.

IT'S A FACT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's true, if you use a song that hasn't been certified for your gender composition the marriage is legally void

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Yeah, I've always hated going grocery shopping with another person because I felt like I was just in the way, sometimes literally with all those narrow aisles. And as far as bonding activities go, I don't think it's great because most people find it tedious at best.

It's fine if you and your partner kind of eat your own different food for the most part but do share some meals. You can both dip in, grab whatever staples you need, then spend a bit of time looking at the more indulgent sections you rarely look at to buy sushi or dessert or something along those lines to split later

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

snergle posted:

walmart safeway and the ethnic grocery / boedga dont tend to be in the same shopping center. I live in rural bumfuck nc. If i want to go to the hispanic bodega walmart and food lion its taking me a minimum of 2hrs. thats assuming i dont have to wait in line longer then 5 mins at each place. i probably dont at the bodega if i didnt special order something they gotta get out of the back for me but i regularly wait in line for like 30mins in walmart and 10 mins in food lion.

the reason you go to all 3 places is selection. walmart doesnt have the soups i want most of the time and food lion does. and niether of those is going to get me some mole in their deli and their conchas are going to be stale as poo poo. plus i can never find lime juice or the hotsauce i like anywhere else.

plus if you live in an area with a large population using the ethnic grocery you can be waiting awhile just to pay. most small places like that in my experince atleast dont have a quick way to pay with a card. they gotta tell you that paying with a card is $X because they arent getting cc priority rates so the company is charging em a bunch of money for you to use your card. they usually have a older 90s swipe machine that the newer insert cards hate to use. my own card just wont accept being swiped so i always have to stop at the bank the day of / before i go there. so if hes counting anything like that you can easily make up that 3rd and possibly 4th hour.

The shopping isn't the issue - pressuring someone into changing a counseling/therapy appointment is. "Oh no, we don't have a second car or a third set of hands for all our bullshit" isn't an excuse.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Runcible Cat posted:

AITA for not telling my family they wouldn't get anything of my grandpa's inheritance and doing as I see fit with it?

The grandkids are all right.

As someone who’s also dealing with a grandfather with terminal cancer (but thankfully with a not-poo poo family), this one made me see red.

That family - sans the cool grandkids - can get loving bent, especially the wannabe doctor Aunt.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Runcible Cat posted:

AITA for sending out a group text to my family about not giving my son money?

quote:

He refuses to move to a cheaper area. He’s in the Bay Area because that’s where the money’s at.
My brother lives near that area and sentence made me cringe.

Runcible Cat posted:

And she wanted him to do sexy secret agent and he kept doing Inspector Clouseau instead...

I forgot that part! ridiculous fake French accent and every now and then he's suddenly beat up the curtains. What a foolish woman not to appreciate this gem of a boyfriend.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That could very well be true since it is a reddit story, but parents can definitely be weird about adult children sleeping in. When my mid-20s sister was living at home, my dad still acted weird if she was up after 9ish on Saturdays, even if he never tried to institute mandatory wakeup times. Like, she's working full time, it's okay for someone to have one day a week they don't have to get up way too early, even if you feel compelled to do so yourself!

Plus people who are worried about waking up early waste all the prime awake hours between 12-4am.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

AITA for not telling my family they wouldn't get anything of my grandpa's inheritance and doing as I see fit with it?

The grandkids are all right.

quote:

This is not a question about legality but mortality.

yes I agree OP

kill yuor famil

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

The only difference between caffeine dependence and cannabis dependence is that cannabis use is socially stigmatized and caffeine use is not.

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee. like, he's not hurting anybody if he wants to get stoned as hell as his way of dealing with the world, but she's pretty reasonable to worry about it. it's just that she should've thought of it before there was a child involved, not after. it's 2023, aint nobody getting the equivalent of a single beer off a joint

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two)

nah

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
1 Joint = 1 Bottle of Wine

That's just how the math works out.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Definitely makes me feel better about winding down the day with one tab of acid.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i hear one bag of fent is a good way to take the edge off

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Cacator posted:

Definitely makes me feel better about winding down the day with one tab of acid.

One rip of PCP just to take the edge off.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

A little bit of crystal to sharpen the ol' reflexes...

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nothing makes you better at getting up in the middle of the night to care for an infant than being high as gently caress at 9PM every day.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Maybe he works the night shift and is simply enjoying a joint before operating heavy machinery

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee. like, he's not hurting anybody if he wants to get stoned as hell as his way of dealing with the world, but she's pretty reasonable to worry about it. it's just that she should've thought of it before there was a child involved, not after. it's 2023, aint nobody getting the equivalent of a single beer off a joint

fuckin lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

addendum: if hes smokin dadgrass im on his side (assuming the wife isn't forced to be around the smoke). i ordered some a while ago and that stuff sucks.

dilaudid is a good pickmeup, as a treat

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

just get him some adderall to even things out

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Achmed Jones posted:

addendum: if hes smokin dadgrass im on his side (assuming the wife isn't forced to be around the smoke). i ordered some a while ago and that stuff sucks.

By "dadgrass" do you mean the stuff you had to pick the stems and seeds out of?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
we just called it schwag

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Khanstant posted:

Plus people who are worried about waking up early waste all the prime awake hours between 12-4am.

The best time of day is roughly 11pm to 3am-4am. Nice and calm. Perfect for relaxing or getting stuff done interruption free. Eventually you'll even discover other night people you can chat with.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee.

are you this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBY7zJbJ9o

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I smoke a cross joint after church on Sunday

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Desert Bus posted:

The best time of day is roughly 11pm to 3am-4am. Nice and calm. Perfect for relaxing or getting stuff done interruption free. Eventually you'll even discover other night people you can chat with.

I am not an early riser by nature but when I do manage to get up and stay up mornings are awesome. I get so much done, and a sunrise looks amazing when it's viewed from the proper side instead of a sigh you should've gone to bed by now.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

By "dadgrass" do you mean the stuff you had to pick the stems and seeds out of?

naw it's an actual product that's supposed to recreate the schwag of our youth. it's just regular ol non-psychoactive hemp, but they market it as if it's comparable to schwag. but it is not. it's comparable to rope. maybe it's useful for people who don't live in a legal state and also don't know anybody, but tbh im not sure that there are very many people who fit that description

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Achmed Jones posted:

Hydromorphone, also known as dihydromorphinone, and sold under the brand name Dilaudid among others, is a morphinan opioid used to treat moderate to severe pain. Typically, long-term use is only recommended for pain due to cancer. It may be used by mouth or by injection into a vein, muscle, or under the skin. Effects generally begin within half an hour and last for up to five hours.

:thunk:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Achmed Jones posted:

naw it's an actual product that's supposed to recreate the schwag of our youth. it's just regular ol non-psychoactive hemp, but they market it as if it's comparable to schwag. but it is not. it's comparable to rope. maybe it's useful for people who don't live in a legal state and also don't know anybody, but tbh im not sure that there are very many people who fit that description

a friend of mine was actually nostalgic for schwag a while back. i don't think you can even get it any more. anyway, it took him about one hit of storebought to change his mind

:rip: in peace brickweed, you were awful

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol that friend might have been me. but then i tried dadgrass and was like "holy poo poo this sucks, what we have today is way better"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nothing makes you better at getting up in the middle of the night to care for an infant than being high as gently caress at 9PM every day.

It’s this. I love the stuff but pot makes you slow and stupid, and that’s not going to fly when you have a tiny human relying on you (and an adult-sized human expecting you to be reliable). OP should take a break for a few months imo until sleep and schedules settle down. If he can’t, well,

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Reefer junkies are out again. A hit dog will holler.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Living in Colorado my whole life I was spoiled on weed, I didn’t even see actual honest-to-god brickweed until I was like 24 (two years after we legalized it here) when a friend and his friend dropped by on their way through town driving from TX to AK.

My friend’s friend pulled out a bag of brown bullshit and was like “I brought this straight from the border” and it took a while to convince me it was actually weed, let alone weed that was safe to consume

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Weed guy should cut back or quit for the baby, but his weed use is likely a lot closer to a glass or two of wine a night than a bottle or two. Weed tolerance builds up very quickly and a joint is probably nothing to him if he's been smoking that much for that long. He's also spending probably $10-20 a day depending where he gets it, which adds up when you are going to have another mouth to feed for at least 18 years.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

run on sentience posted:

Weed guy should cut back or quit for the baby, but his weed use is likely a lot closer to a glass or two of wine a night than a bottle or two. Weed tolerance builds up very quickly and a joint is probably nothing to him if he's been smoking that much for that long. He's also spending probably $10-20 a day depending where he gets it, which adds up when you are going to have another mouth to feed for at least 18 years.

In a legal state a 1 gram joint runs between $1-3. Just saying.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Literally A Person posted:

In a legal state a 1 gram joint runs between $1-3. Just saying.

drat, that's nuts. You're lucky to get a legal gram of weak rear end weed for $8 in most of Canada, closer to $15 for the strong stuff. Cheaper in BC but that's usually grey market.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Woah, what legal state is that? Down here in NM a gram runs anywhere from 6-10$ for raw flower, and I've been seeing dispensaries selling pre-rolls at 5$ a pop (plus whatever in tax)

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
Sounds roughly right for OR (based on flower prices -- I don't buy prerolls)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

dervival posted:

Woah, what legal state is that? Down here in NM a gram runs anywhere from 6-10$ for raw flower, and I've been seeing dispensaries selling pre-rolls at 5$ a pop (plus whatever in tax)

Oregon and Washington State