Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

That was an odd find on the replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I too use Firaga as an aphrodesiac.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Elementals wrecking your poo poo for using magic near them would be much more tolerable if they did it to other fiends too not just you.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Himuro posted:

Sad state to the genre. If FF16 isn’t command based....:smith:

FF15 had vehicles, an open world, and Assassin's Creed style trailing missions.

FF16 will be a co-op shooter with a battle royale mode.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Sunning posted:

FF15 had vehicles, an open world, and Assassin's Creed style trailing missions.

FF16 will be a co-op shooter with a battle royale mode.

FF17 will be the latest Call of Duty in a cross-promotional deal. /s

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ff18 will just be a lootbox opening app on your phone

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tae posted:

Like, Dragon Quest 11 is coming out in the fall. You can say you just want specifically a mainline FF to be your vain specific game type instead of going into hyperbole

atelier is turnbased :v:

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Covok posted:

FF17 will be the latest Call of Duty in a cross-promotional deal. /s

That already happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL3MUrojLsg

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Can't wait to play the FFVII-R DLC where you can change the plot and save Aeris.

Covok
May 27, 2013

bentacos posted:

Can't wait to play the FFVII-R DLC where you can change the plot and save Aeris.

You joke but that's a very real possibility. There's a very real possibility they do that in some fashion.

It's not like Hironobu Sakagouchi is still there to keep them from doing something like that. If they smell money, they'll bite.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm a little confused, if my Summoner (FFV) can use Shiva and Ifrit they should be able to use Ramuh right? Same level? I beat him this morning and thought I saved it, but he's not in my spell list and all I'm finding in the woods are dragons.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm a little confused, if my Summoner (FFV) can use Shiva and Ifrit they should be able to use Ramuh right? Same level? I beat him this morning and thought I saved it, but he's not in my spell list and all I'm finding in the woods are dragons.

He drops an item, use it, learn spell.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yep, just saw it. Thanks!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bentacos posted:

the death of aeris was originally pretty unexpected, doing this would actually be a pretty good twist

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
remaking the spirit of the game rather then the specifics, i love it do that square

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We're not getting anything from FF7R before the end of the decade, are we

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hope you can download aerith as dlc after she dies but randomly an enemy like a bandersnatch or w/e can whip its mask off and it's old man sephiroth he stabs her and you have to buy her again

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They literally just started hiring core team members

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, like the trailer at E3 was entirely pre-rendered smoke and mirrors like what gearbox did with Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
About to start Zodiac Age after not having played the original for many, many years. If I just make everyone the class that feels "right" for them is there really any way to gently caress it up? I'm not too worried since I heard they give you a second class later that breaks the game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Deified Data posted:

About to start Zodiac Age after not having played the original for many, many years. If I just make everyone the class that feels "right" for them is there really any way to gently caress it up? I'm not too worried since I heard they give you a second class later that breaks the game.

Class? Wasn't FF12 freeform advancement like FFX?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

Class? Wasn't FF12 freeform advancement like FFX?

ZD has the FFT-style class system from the international version, and I heard your choice was permanent.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Your choice is permanent, you get a second class about a quarter into the game, and it's impossible to gently caress up because the game was not balanced around you having a second class option.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

There are some articles out there about good class combos and for which members. I did that and it was a breeze.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just don't pick two of the same class and you'll be fine, and even that's not a hard rule.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Maybe they should mix it up a bit; instead of making super ultra AAA remakes of old versions over the course of a decade, toss off some 16-bit remakes of the newer games in nine months and rake in the cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ignoring that those versions would still take considerable amounts of time as everything would have to be re-planned and redone and I'm not playing FFXIII with a worse combat system because then you have a terrible, terrible game.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Decided to make Vaan a violent punch man, as one does. What did you guys do with the monk license board?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Deified Data posted:

Decided to make Vaan a violent punch man, as one does. What did you guys do with the monk license board?

Used it to have a viable character until I got enough useful spells to doubleclass into black mage when that opened up. Intended to do a dual thing, but once black magic gets past the first tier or so there's no reason to have the character do anything else, particularly after Syphon.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Deified Data posted:

A popular choice is Black Mage/Monk for the boatload of HP, attack power and 3rd swiftness on an already-complete full caster. I made my Fran that, and it feels very strong.

By the by, I made my own Vaan a Machinist/White Mage and it might very well be the saddest choice I've ever made. He's just so... slow.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

CeallaSo posted:

A popular choice is Black Mage/Monk for the boatload of HP, attack power and 3rd swiftness on an already-complete full caster. I made my Fran that, and it feels very strong.

By the by, I made my own Vaan a Machinist/White Mage and it might very well be the saddest choice I've ever made. He's just so... slow.

Yeah you hosed up. Shikari/White Mage is much better because its fast, has very good tanking potential and endgame weapons (WHM is also the best undead killer) and if you are using Vaan, WHM should be stealing all the time while not healing

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 3, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
There's no reason to make anyone a Machinist. They offer nothing of value.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Sapozhnik posted:

Maybe they should mix it up a bit; instead of making super ultra AAA remakes of old versions over the course of a decade, toss off some 16-bit remakes of the newer games in nine months and rake in the cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrBSO74DzA

I like that they tried to label Barthandelus as "fal'cie god" to make it clear that fal'cie are important and strong rulling beings, while also being a confusing label since there are actual gods and poo poo in the FNC.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

corn in the bible posted:

There's no reason to make anyone a Machinist. They offer nothing of value.

Style. :colbert:

OK also Guns are very useful in Weak Mode.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Covok posted:

So, like the trailer at E3 was entirely pre-rendered smoke and mirrors like what gearbox did with Aliens: Colonial Marines?

very likely. it's what square does to drum up interest in the company. stocks, investors and the like. same with ff13, ff13vs, agnis philosophy, the ff7 ps3 intro, etc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deified Data posted:

Bought everything on it by 3/4 through the game because it's hilariously to get LP.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I just gave Lightning Returns an install and a good 6 hours of playtime after buying it for like 5 bux a million years ago and good lord this game is boring as poo poo

having to do a timing minigame on literally everything you ever do is also incredibly annoying

this game sucks

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 3, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The biggest issue I had with LR was that regular battles were either a slow tedious slog (when Staggering things; I can't imagine how much worse it gets not abusing that) or a miserable grind that whoops turns out your Numbers Are Too Small you lose now and the only way to get stronger was to do sidequests which were never, ever worth the hassle, but you still had to do 'em otherwise you wouldn't be able to do the stuff that actually matters. Take this dude across the street? +10 HP and +1 Str. Okay, sure. Kill this rad giant drake miniboss that's almost a fun fight? +10 HP and +1 Def! :geno:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dragonatrix posted:

The biggest issue I had with LR was that regular battles were either a slow tedious slog (when Staggering things; I can't imagine how much worse it gets not abusing that) or a miserable grind that whoops turns out your Numbers Are Too Small you lose now and the only way to get stronger was to do sidequests which were never, ever worth the hassle, but you still had to do 'em otherwise you wouldn't be able to do the stuff that actually matters. Take this dude across the street? +10 HP and +1 Str. Okay, sure. Kill this rad giant drake miniboss that's almost a fun fight? +10 HP and +1 Def! :geno:

SO wait, are the sidequests not worth it or are they worth it because they increase your stats? Also the stagger system is 90% of combat efficiency so there's no real 'abusing' it. You're supposed to be staggering enemies by being aggressive and well timed with your big hits and blocks. Anything short of a boss should take you maybe a minute at most. If combat is slow your Strategem/Dresssphere sets are awful for what you're fighting/the area you're in and you need to swap stuff out. Hell, most non-Solo Huge enemies can be staggered instantly with a well timed command or a few simple swings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Unarmed serve any purpose over poles for monk in Zodiac Age? It's expensive so I'd rather know it's good before I invest.