Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was suspicious when an N64 game was shown as having full cutscenes with voice acting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Flying-PCP posted:

Haha, I wonder how many people caught on that the room was almost certainly making up some vaguely plausible bullshit for that. He needs to hook that thing up to the internet somehow. Or better yet, never ever do that thing I just said.

Everybody knows Golf Quest Mini just ripped off Silent Hill 2's secret ending.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I absolutely do not like this.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

hi liter posted:

Only Uncle Grandpa can defeat Yellow Diamond

I don't know if he's the only one, but as a Q-level reality-warping entity, it's pretty clear he could stomp the entire Gempire into a mudhole if he wanted to do so.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm going through all the songs and Pearl's stuff is super fun to sing even when out of your range.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

I was literally thinking this exact thing. Thank you.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
New titles?

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/steven-universe/episodes/season-2.html Click "show more" till you see 'em

Super Watermelon Island
Gem Drill
Barn Mates

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Flying-PCP posted:

He needs to hook that thing up to the internet somehow.

But then the room would know every continuity error on television!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
My thoughts on Say Uncle is that it is canon to SU, but Uncle Grandpa the show isn't canon to SU, Uncle Grandpa merely dimension traveled to visit Steven(and all the other people on the list UG pulled out at the end of the episode), which is rather apparent if you watch the episode

Also I realize this is an incredibly nerdy post

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
dream room, create an opponent capable of defeating peridot

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
dream room creates steven with a gun.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Jumping in briefly to say that, when I watched it with my roommate we went by air order until Marble Madness, when we watched it in this order:

Open Book -> Shirt Club -> Rose's Scabbard -> The Message -> Political Power -> Story for Steven -> Return/Jail Break.

...and it worked really, really well. We also watched Say Uncle after Shirt Club but watch it whenever who cares it's clearly a joke episode from the first 30 seconds.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

drrockso20 posted:

My thoughts on Say Uncle is that it is canon to SU, but Uncle Grandpa the show isn't canon to SU, Uncle Grandpa merely dimension traveled to visit Steven(and all the other people on the list UG pulled out at the end of the episode), which is rather apparent if you watch the episode

I'd honestly watch the Juniper Lee one. That kid couldn't catch a break.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

drrockso20 posted:

Show: Hey, this episode isn't canon.
:goonsay: Hmm, or is it?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

Show: Hey, this episode isn't canon.
:goonsay: Hmm, or is it?

Well Say Uncle wasn't completely clear on how canon it actually is, especially with how it did the Canon/Cannon joke(which I feel was more of an out for the overly serious fans than the staff outright saying whether the episode is canon or not, personally I loved the episode and consider it fully canon compliant)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drrockso20 posted:

Ronaldo's blog makes a reference to a show called "Interdimensional Family Friend", which I'm pretty sure is SU's in-world Uncle Grandpa show.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

( via http://flcl-prinny.tumblr.com/post/123600744947/ - larger version there )

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Flying-PCP posted:

New titles?

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/steven-universe/episodes/season-2.html Click "show more" till you see 'em

Super Watermelon Island
Gem Drill
Barn Mates

Did the TV Guide stuff update with these new titles?

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Did the TV Guide stuff update with these new titles?

Usually those listings only show the next few weeks of episode titles. With Cartoon Network's summer schedule sticking with 5 premiers of episodes of one show each week, Friend Ship will almost certainly be the last episode we see until late August or September. The odd thing is that CN would put up these later titles up before the ones we already know are coming next week, but it's far from the weirdest thing they've ever done.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rudoku posted:

I'd honestly watch the Juniper Lee one. That kid couldn't catch a break.

Wasn't that show a carbon copy of Jake Long, but with the gender flipped?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Raserys posted:

Wasn't that show a carbon copy of Jake Long, but with the gender flipped?
They came out at the same time, more or less. Also without the painful attempts at sounding like a youth from the streets, yo.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I watched them both, but mostly because they were the only shows on television that had Asian protagonists. Hell, I'm not even Chinese, but at least it was something.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Someone reminded me of Xiaolin Showdown and Jackie Chan Adventures, both of which were better shows

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Raserys posted:

Someone reminded me of Xiaolin Showdown and Jackie Chan Adventures, both of which were better shows

I was on board with Xiaolin Showdown until the second series where they introduced a kid named "Ping Pong".

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I didn't watch the second series. From that description, no regrets here.

E: make that really glad, holy poo poo.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jul 9, 2015

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The second series was terrible but in a hilarious way. Chase Young is a complete diva for no reason, in his first rebooted appearance he is watching the group in his scrying pool and then dunks his hair in just so he can baywatch-flip it while laughing maniacally.
Also there is a moment where it shows his creating his new henchwoman and after the scene they reveal he was filling her in on her creation and her response is "Seriously? THAT's how I was born?" Even she can't believe how stupid it was. My brother and I couldn't stop laughing as the series progressed and got dumber and dumber.

Still more likely to rewatch the original though cause it was fantastic.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

One day I shall name my firstborn child Football and he shall be a master of boxing and help save the world from evil doers.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ramos posted:

One day I shall name my firstborn child Football and he shall be a master of boxing and help save the world from evil doers.

It was super out of place, because prior to that most of the names for like foreign characters were pretty normal, or at least appropriate while still being punny.

Then they come out the gate with a straight up "lol ching chong ping pong"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That sounds like an executive push if there ever was one.

"Hey, we need a character who appeals closer to kids, so something easy to pronounce... Just name him Ping Pong or whatever, it's Chinese, right? "

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

That is broadcast order, which is perfectly fine. The only episode that is explicitly out of chronological order is Shirt Club, which should fall some time before The Message. I arbitrarily place it after Maximum Capacity just because Shirt Club takes place in warm weather.

Say Uncle has Garnet's old costume, too, but it's a special episode.

e: gently caress it, have a list:

Steven Universe Episode 01 Gem Glow
    Steven Universe Episode 02 Laser Light Cannon
    Steven Universe Episode 03 Cheeseburger Backpack
    Steven Universe Episode 04Together Breakfast
    Steven Universe Episode 05 Frybo
    Steven Universe Episode 06 Cat Fingers
    Steven Universe Episode 07 Bubble Buddies
    Steven Universe Episode 08 Serious Steven
    Steven Universe Episode 09 Tiger Millionaire
    Steven Universe Episode 10 Steven’s Lion
    Steven Universe Episode 11 Arcade Mania
    Steven Universe Episode 12 Giant Woman
    Steven Universe Episode 13 So Many Birthdays
    Steven Universe Episode 14 Lars and the Cool Kids
    Steven Universe Episode 15 Onion Trade
    Steven Universe Episode 16 Steven the Sword Fighter
    Steven Universe Episode 17 Lion 2: The Movie
    Steven Universe Episode 18 Beach Party
    Steven Universe Episode 19 Rose’s Room
    Steven Universe Episode 20 Coach Steven
    Steven Universe Episode 21 Joking Victim
    Steven Universe Episode 22 Steven and the Stevens
    Steven Universe Episode 23 Monster Buddies
    Steven Universe Episode 24 An Indirect Kiss
    Steven Universe Episode 25 Mirror Gem
    Steven Universe Episode 26 Ocean Gem
    Steven Universe Episode 27 House Guest
    Steven Universe Episode 28 Space Race
    Steven Universe Episode 29 Secret Team
    Steven Universe Episode 30 Island Adventure
    Steven Universe Episode 31 Keep Beach City Weird!
    Steven Universe Episode 32 Fusion Cuisine
    Steven Universe Episode 33 Garnet’s Universe
    Steven Universe Episode 34 Watermelon Steven
    Steven Universe Episode 35 Lion 3: Straight to Video
    Steven Universe Episode 36 Warp Tour
    Steven Universe Episode 37 Alone Together
    Steven Universe Episode 38 The Test
    Steven Universe Episode 39 Future Vision
    Steven Universe Episode 40 On the Run
    Steven Universe Episode 41 Horror Club
    Steven Universe Episode 42 Winter Forecast
    Steven Universe Episode 43 Maximum Capacity
    Steven Universe Episode 55 Shirt Club
    Steven Universe Episode 44 Marble Madness
    Steven Universe Episode 45 Rose’s Scabbard
    Steven Universe Episode 46 The Message
    Steven Universe Episode 47 Political Power
    Steven Universe Episode 48 The Return
    Steven Universe Episode 49 Jail Break
    Steven Universe Episode 50 Full Disclosure
    Steven Universe Episode 51 Open Book
    Steven Universe Episode 52 Joy Ride
    Steven Universe Episode 54 Story for Steven
    Steven Universe Episode 56 Love Letters
    Steven Universe Episode 57 Reformed
    Steven Universe Episode 58 Sworn to the Sword
    Steven Universe Episode 59 Rising Tides, Crashing Skies
    Steven Universe Episode 60 Keeping It Together
    Steven Universe Episode 61 We Need to Talk
    Steven Universe Episode 62 Chille Tid

Steven Universe Episode 53 Say Uncle

The world of Steven Universe's list is not the broadcast order, and there are several things I like about it. I think Open Book makes much more sense viewed before Full Disclosure. It's a similar conflict, but the stakes are much higher in Full Disclosure.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Raserys posted:

That sounds like an executive push if there ever was one.

"Hey, we need a character who appeals closer to kids, so something easy to pronounce... Just name him Ping Pong or whatever, it's Chinese, right? "

The weird part there was, Ping Pong was actually French. They called him Ping Pong as a nickname because of his rapid movement.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What? Why does he look like Omi with glasses, then?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

THis is why I found that show so funny. No decision makes any sense on any level. There is a potentially interesting intro episode where all the villains attack at once and during the fight literally reduce the temple to rubble forcing them to find a new home (which is the plot of the series) and when they find it (ruled over by a benevolent talking tree) Chase takes over the tree and they get attacked in every part of the temple in an actually entertaining series of sequences. Everything else though is a trainwreck.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That sucks, I loved the first show. And if you count Avatar by means of fantasy Asians, it blows the rest out of the water.

Also, I started watching Steven Universe recently, I think it's a good show!

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Some very abstract spoilers for the upcoming bomb: http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/post/123649855532/just-a-reminder-incase-anyone-forgot-also-a

Seriously, they're going a bit more vague with this one compared to last time. Thursday's image might as well be the logo for the whole show.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Can't believe it's almost here already. What am I doing with my life? :cry:

Waiting around to watch a show about people crying, apparently.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Flying-PCP posted:

Thursday's image might as well be the logo for the whole show.

Rose Quartz posted:

Why are you laughing?

Why are you crying?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Flying-PCP posted:

Some very abstract spoilers for the upcoming bomb: http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/post/123649855532/just-a-reminder-incase-anyone-forgot-also-a

Seriously, they're going a bit more vague with this one compared to last time. Thursday's image might as well be the logo for the whole show.

Oh man they're finally introducing non-sad breakfast on Tuesday.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Oh man they're finally introducing non-sad breakfast on Tuesday.

Are you kidding me? Crying Breakfast Friends had such a strong formula, and then all of a sudden the network ruined it by introducing the new "hip" characters last season. Cereal With Sunglasses and Toast That Likes to Dunk are nothing more than cheap tie-ins for their awful toy line. Not to mention they really shat the bed by making the videogame an action platformer instead of a dating sim.

• Locked thread