Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
spoiler: Dean Ambrose has never been in a memorable singles match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Baron Corbin posted:

the one he had at TLC a few weeks ago was memorable. memorably bad!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dean was never good but it's not like he got worse. Crowds liked him anyway.

Professor Funk posted:

Wait so after the news that Finn is getting a push he’s doing...nothing on Raw next week? Classic

We don't know how he gets tossed, it could be setting up a storyline I suppose.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

*Dean stumbles around drunkenly throwing garbage punches and generally lovely offense*

Dean was ruined by the promos!!!!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The time Dean came out with a kendo stick on his back for his HIAC match and climbed the cell, he looked like a megastar.

Then he jobbed to Hatsune Miku and a TV and was never the same.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
They've always really struggled with handling Dean. He's been too goofy too many times. Remember the Ambrose Asylum? His 2016 run was solid though and he was at his best as a tweener calling out Cena.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 29, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
do you guys remember when Dean Ambrose beat up a mannequin in an attempt to psychologically destroy the person he was feuding with

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dean had gotten really loving lazy before his injury, and it was a laziness that had been going on for a good while. He came back and initially it looked like he'd be fine again but then this garbage angle happened and I honestly can't imagine that he hasn't stopped caring, nor can I fault him for it because cripes.

That said even if it's understandable it's still not entertaining so :shrug:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Remember when everyone said Brock ruined the match against Ambrose even though the build featured Dean pulling around a wagon full of objects like a confused idiot baby?

Moxley worked on the indies because he could actually be a violent dirtbag during promos and matches. His WWE character is all "tell don't show" because aside from the time they allowed the thumbtack spot in the Jericho match he hasn't actually done anything to validate the entire point of his character.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dean had gotten really loving lazy before his injury, and it was a laziness that had been going on for a good while. He came back and initially it looked like he'd be fine again but then this garbage angle happened and I honestly can't imagine that he hasn't stopped caring, nor can I fault him for it because cripes.

That said even if it's understandable it's still not entertaining so :shrug:

I mean I dunno if it was laziness so much as his arm being all busted up.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

VJeff posted:

I mean I dunno if it was laziness so much as his arm being all busted up.

There was literally no energy behind anything he did for over a year. The rebounding lariat in particular was like watching a bad joke in motion.

Dude was just blatantly going through the motions.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbin posted:

there was the tlc match where aj tore his pants and you could see his rear end in a top hat

Gaz-L posted:

The only reason Daniel Bryan's getting away with his new gimmick is that he's doing the 'real him tuned to 11' shtick, plus it's a bit that Vince probably sees as an inherent heel and is going to be baffled when Bryan starts to get face pops.

the only reason the daniel bryan heel turn is working is because wwe is so loving god awful stupid and bad at booking people and they ruined his big return and stuck him in the midcard again and put him in awful feuds. It would have been incredibly easy to push him as a returning conquering hero and they couldn't/didn't. I have zero expectations they'll be able to do that if Roman Reigns ever comes back to the ring.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

remember how excited everyone was when Dean came back swole? WWE really does ruin everyone.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Aphrodite posted:

We don't know how he gets tossed, it could be setting up a storyline I suppose.

Didn’t realize he was in the battle royal

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1079187656595173376

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet it’s EC3

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

I bet it’s EC3

It's not. Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy are facing off right now for the last spot in that match.

e: And Samoa Joe won.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1079191430927712259

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

It's not. Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy are facing off right now for the last spot in that match.

e: And Samoa Joe won.

Even better!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What is so hard about "Ali pinned Bryan, so Ali gets a title match"? Why add this loving hoop beyond "5 hours of TV a week" which is honestly a bad excuse when they could have a promo segment between Bryan and Ali or Bryan wrestling a midcarder or crusierweight to show Ali what he'll do to him or any of a million other things that isn't just 'have the 2 guys feuding wrestle' or 'pointless multiman #1 contender's match'.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm still mad to this day about Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose, because that match should've been awesome with Dean just going loving ham on Lesnar with weapons and whatever. But then he just got totally killed instead :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In WWE land "too crazy to be scared of the monster" means "will be eaten by the monster". Because Vince's booking is actually pretty limited. He can do the invincible superhero vs the big mean monster, and the chickshit heel gets heat and that's about it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
How to know if an angle has Vince's prints all over it:

https://twitter.com/BrentFFF/status/1079197602359504896

https://twitter.com/johnrclark12/status/1079198019315224577

e: Yup. It was a photo of Mandy in a bathtowel, lifting it up. I am so glad the ~New Era~ will continue to have infidelity angles.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 30, 2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Did she say which Uso though

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

Did she say which Uso though

Yeah. Jimmy Uso.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
It would have been a better storyline if she messed up and sent it to Jey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kimberlasskick/status/1079198136885825536

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Genuinely surprised they waited this long to do a Naomi/Jimmy breakup angle

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/kakakatey/status/1079200395115855873

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Almas and Vega are interrupting the promo as well. Mixed tag match? Who knows!?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Mandy's new gimmick is good she just has to hope that all the women she faces have husbands

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Becky blasting Cena

https://twitter.com/sarayascabello/status/1079201170948833285

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone want to put odds on this angle ending with Sonya turning on Mandy to turn Mandy babyface? Bonus points if they make Sonya jealous and cut a promo about being led on.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jesus, John looks worse than Steve Buscemi in 30 Rock

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/brittsxcoles/status/1079204764443951104/video/1

Becky tossed John out and then submitted Zelina.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

What is so hard about "Ali pinned Bryan, so Ali gets a title match"? Why add this loving hoop beyond "5 hours of TV a week" which is honestly a bad excuse when they could have a promo segment between Bryan and Ali or Bryan wrestling a midcarder or crusierweight to show Ali what he'll do to him or any of a million other things that isn't just 'have the 2 guys feuding wrestle' or 'pointless multiman #1 contender's match'.

Yeah... putting Ali vs. Bryan at the Rumble is pretty much the perfect match for that PPV. They can steal the show with a singles match, you don't pull a main eventer out of the rumble for a WWE title match, and Ali is in a much better position than a throwaway rumble spot where he has no chance of winning

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ali should win the 5-way, get the match at the Rumble, beat Bryan, then enter the Rumble, win the Rumble and beat Brock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ali should lose because his offense isn't really good but his counters to getting beat down and hope spots are fun.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/brittsxcoles/status/1079207858804281345

I could see Asuka facing Carmella at the Royal Rumble, and that being a way to write her out of the #30 spot so they can put someone else there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ah, I probably should've gone to this.