Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Terrifying is what id call that yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

I quite like that mod that adds a bunch of really chunky anime parts for robots, because they still look robotic, so you can make stuff that is to anime as the music video for wynona's big brown beaver is to humans.

I think it's this one?

I don't kno if it's supposed to be horny but I think in practice it's more just creepy, but like, in a good way? Like it is actually kind of terrifying being chased down by a giant robot anime maid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5QEXTo-HA

Given that Eyes and lower face parts are optional to add to your anime bot, and all the hands are the usual FO4 assortment of claws and drills and saws and flamethrowers? Yeah, it can allow you to make some creepy as poo poo bots.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

OwlFancier posted:

I quite like that mod that adds a bunch of really chunky anime parts for robots, because they still look robotic, so you can make stuff that is to anime as the music video for wynona's big brown beaver is to humans.

I think it's this one?

I don't kno if it's supposed to be horny but I think in practice it's more just creepy, but like, in a good way? Like it is actually kind of terrifying being chased down by a giant robot anime maid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5QEXTo-HA

D-d-d-daijobu, senpai. A sugoi creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you ganbatte through my corridors. How can you hope to keikaku a perfect, immortal waifu?

Orv
May 4, 2011
:hmmno:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ashsaber posted:

Given that Eyes and lower face parts are optional to add to your anime bot, and all the hands are the usual FO4 assortment of claws and drills and saws and flamethrowers? Yeah, it can allow you to make some creepy as poo poo bots.

yeah that kinda owns

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The weeb version of the five nights at freddy’s animatronics in terms of unnerving horror yeah.

There’s gotta be a mod for fo4 that adds those fuckers to the robot building dlc stuff right?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Improbable Lobster posted:

yeah that kinda owns

:hmmyes:

Also let's face it, If/when we finally get around to building humanoid robots, we are TOTALLY gonna make sexbots, so that mod might actually be the most realistic robot mod of all :v:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Bedurndurn posted:

Aww. I was hoping it would just be the robot with a bikini stapled to it because that'd be kind of funny.

Settle for a french maid outfit?

As horny as it is, the Servitron mod is actually kinda cool - you've essentially got a buildable assaultron that uses human animations instead of the robot ones, so you can give them conventional armor and guns/melee weapons. I think they can even use power armor.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

:hmmyes:

Also let's face it, If/when we finally get around to building humanoid robots, we are TOTALLY gonna make sexbots, so that mod might actually be the most realistic robot mod of all :v:

The sexbots are already a thing, the fact that there are robots in good enough shape to be running around in that mod and not broken is the unrealistic part.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel also like most of the sex bots would not be 8 feet tall and built like a hydraulic press.

Some of them, yes, but probably not most of them. Although perhaps the dombots are the only ones that survived precisely because of that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

OwlFancier posted:

I feel also like most of the sex bots would not be 8 feet tall and built like a hydraulic press.

Some of them, yes, but probably not most of them. Although perhaps the dombots are the only ones that survived precisely because of that.

Well if you know Fallout lore you'd know their robots are large 1950's-esque clunky automatons because they don't have microchip miniaturization, so it actually makes sense they'd be well-built 7-8-foot-tall Dom-Mom-atrons and oh god, I'm pulling the rope why is nobody reeling me back up I've gone way, way, too deep! :stonk:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Look, we only have one robot frame. I don't care whether you sell it to people as a murdertron or a construction bot or a door greeter or a drat sexbot, and we'll paint it any colour the customer wants, but the internals aren't gonna change.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Gotta build them sturdy like Liberty Prime after all

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Fantastic anime addition to FO4 imho

https://twitter.com/HIGEYOSI360/status/958341436360990720?s=20&t=kAeGOO6lXOYtI-YYXLagGw

From related images: not sure if this has been posted before but goddamn does this look dope

https://fallout4.2game.info/detail.php?id=27825

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Typing of the Doom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Jxk9sJdLI

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
Further proving that New Vegas can do almost anything, someone added Dark Souls-style online messages. It also works with any mod, including TTW.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
New Vegas is now a strand-type game, huh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SetSliRol posted:

Further proving that New Vegas can do almost anything, someone added Dark Souls-style online messages. It also works with any mod, including TTW.

Despite their rules about what messages you can post, if this get's any sort of popularity it's gonna get super racist very quick.

Is there a New Vegas NPC named Brandon? If so I'm lookg forward to a bunch of "let's go Brandon" messages around them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean, part of the reason why dark souls messages are good is that you have to shove together prewritten words so you have to be creative if you want to be juvenile. that mod just lets you post arbitrary messages and i doubt the people who want to be lovely would bother to even be wink-nudge lovely like that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It needs a nexusmods account API to function has a a report..uh, function so they at least thought about it a little bit. Non-prefab messages are kind of a mistake though, even if amount of characters is determined by your account standing.

Still kinda neat!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I still feel like it's either not gonna have hardly any messages or be filled with racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo immediately.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It will be 70% 4chan edgelord posts and 30% BIG IRON

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Could this be Deathclaw?

Down, therefore Vault.

Why is it always Brotherhood of Steel?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i mean, part of the reason why dark souls messages are good is that you have to shove together prewritten words so you have to be creative if you want to be juvenile. that mod just lets you post arbitrary messages and i doubt the people who want to be lovely would bother to even be wink-nudge lovely like that

Yeah, nothing is gonna beat having "Amazing Chest Ahead" posted in front of both the first mimic and the statue of Gwynevere

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
My favourites have always been the "Don't give up skeleton" ones

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Try finger, but hole

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Imminent holding with two hands

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, nothing is gonna beat having "Amazing Chest Ahead" posted in front of both the first mimic and the statue of Gwynevere

Don't forget Andre. You used to see a lot of that in front of him.

On that note, I think one of the most unusual souls messages I've seen is "charmer ahead" in front of a mirror. Sometimes they can be wholesome.

Still, prefab messages are better on the whole, less opportunity for people to be terrible.

Kikas posted:

Could this be Deathclaw?

Down, therefore Vault.

Why is it always Brotherhood of Steel?

Stranger and town ahead

Quiet one?

Be wary of talk and be wary of jumping

Stranger and ranged weapon?

Ranged weapon, legs!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I like how there's always a note in front of little cracks and crevices you can't fit into that calls you fat.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Glagha posted:

I like how there's always a note in front of little cracks and crevices you can't fit into that calls you fat.

Beware of plump sort.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you could type whatever you wanted into Dark Souls messages, A) everyone would hate them, and B) no one would remember them. The puzzle piece message building system is exactly what makes it so good and enjoyable.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Odd Wilson posted:

Don't forget Andre. You used to see a lot of that in front of him.

On that note, I think one of the most unusual souls messages I've seen is "charmer ahead" in front of a mirror. Sometimes they can be wholesome.

I love the number of 'weak foe ahead, regret' style messages in front of mimic tears in Elden Ring, not gonna lie.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's stupid and there are much better new messages in Elden Ring but "snake?, snake!" at the top of ladders gets me every time.

Shame on people who put it at the bottom though.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
horse, therefore horse

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Skwirl posted:

Despite their rules about what messages you can post, if this get's any sort of popularity it's gonna get super racist very quick.

Is there a New Vegas NPC named Brandon? If so I'm lookg forward to a bunch of "let's go Brandon" messages around them.

There's a mission (for one faction) where you assassinate a President, so that's gonna get spicy real quick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gynovore posted:

There's a mission (for one faction) where you assassinate a President, so that's gonna get spicy real quick.

Oh yeah, I've never done a legion playthrough so I haven't done that mission. Reading about it makes it sound like a fun challenge, but oh god the messages on things that thing will be horrible.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Time For Crab near all the mirelurk spawns.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Not The Bees near every single cazador encounter.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I have this mod! I love making weird robots based on Popuko and Pipimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kitfox88 posted:

I love the number of 'weak foe ahead, regret' style messages in front of mimic tears in Elden Ring, not gonna lie.

"Weak foe ahead, try introspection"