Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Didn't Zack Ryders peen fall out mid hanging suplex? Flopped downwards while he was upside down for all to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember that because His opponent began sucking the bad penis

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Didn't Zack Ryders peen fall out mid hanging suplex? Flopped downwards while he was upside down for all to see.

I thought this was an old Mick Foley story.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was Zack Ryder with Al Snow.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Somebody pulled it as a rib on Al Snow (Bob Holly I think) and Mick Foley wrote about it as the legend of the penis suplex. I believe a similar story was told on I think a Jericho podcast by Cody (again, this is from memory) about it also happening to Zack though this time by accident.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Mick Foley said that Al Snow's genitals looked like 3 sparrow eggs in a vulture's nest

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Virgil also made sure that he was available for an interview with any and all news outlets after the Hogan recording surfaced, insisting that Hogan is not racist. You know, after Terry clearly states “I am a racist”

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Are Brock and Heyman legit friends or do they just know working together is in their best interests?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Insofar as Brock has friends, I believe so

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MisterGBH posted:

This is an odd question about gear/attires. I assume that the guys wear something underneath trunks or tights? (I know about the Al Snow penis suplex story and the jobber on Velocity/Heat/ECW whose knob fell out)
Same with women. They must wear extra undearneath layers or more than one bra? The amount of near naked folk we watch I'm surprised that more wardrobe malfunctions don't happen.

Ric Flair was always good at getting pantsed and mooning a crowd for a reason

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MisterGBH posted:

This is an odd question about gear/attires. I assume that the guys wear something underneath trunks or tights? (I know about the Al Snow penis suplex story and the jobber on Velocity/Heat/ECW whose knob fell out)
Same with women. They must wear extra undearneath layers or more than one bra? The amount of near naked folk we watch I'm surprised that more wardrobe malfunctions don't happen.

Misawa wore green underwear so if his tights slipped it would be the same color

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Are Brock and Heyman legit friends or do they just know working together is in their best interests?

Last I heard, Brock lives on a ranch somewhere and his only phone is at the end of the driveway and he only checks it once a week.

He also insisted on bringing Heyman back when he returned, as he knew how much better Paul is at things Brock can't do, like speak or not do suplexes.

Maybe not a traditional friendship but definitely one of mutual respect and acknowledgement.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, I'm not sure Brock does 'friends' but he definitely trusts Paul E.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I bet you guys anything that in his weird little ranch town, brock lesnar shows up at the diner near a gas station every tuesday and thursday. He eats pancakes and sausage with a bunch of old guys and they bemoan the state of the farming industry and how things used to be better when they were younger.

Also, he complains specifically about how many pancakes and sausage patties you get for the $4.99 he spends, and how he'd prefer it if the coffee were less strong.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Have Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt ever worked together in WWE since their respective gimmicks were started, or has WWE ever acknowledged their connection?

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=...onType=&worker=

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Platypus Farm posted:

I bet you guys anything that in his weird little ranch town, brock lesnar shows up at the diner near a gas station every tuesday and thursday. He eats pancakes and sausage with a bunch of old guys and they bemoan the state of the farming industry and how things used to be better when they were younger.

Also, he complains specifically about how many pancakes and sausage patties you get for the $4.99 he spends, and how he'd prefer it if the coffee were less strong.

Brock Lesnar spends all his days shooting randomly into a forest like he's Arnold in predator

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Brock Lesnar spends all his days shooting randomly into a forest like he's Arnold in predator

He lives in Saskatchewan on a farm. Not a ton of forestland there.

So he probably just shoots wheat and cattails instead.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Here is a question I that suddenly sprang to mind and made me curious.

How much did the Kayfabe media interact with the actual wrestling product of various different promotions back in the day. I am aware that PWI and such wrote stories about and interviews in the voice of various figures in the industry, but did those ever actually result in things on shows? Was it just fan fiction? Was there ever collaboration?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure Brock does 'friends' but he definitely trusts Paul E.
Brock DID have friends, yeah. He was close with Curt Henning before his death and still remains friendly with Curtis Axle, he was also pretty friendly with Kurt Angle. He just likes to keep to himself. Think he just prefers outdoors type people who he cant hunt with or have a couple beers with once in a while? He's fairly private.

As far as Heyman goes, it's the perfect symbiotic relationship because Brock hates talking to people and cutting promos, and Heyman loves talking to people and cutting promos, and they both really love making money.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

remusclaw posted:

Here is a question I that suddenly sprang to mind and made me curious.

How much did the Kayfabe media interact with the actual wrestling product of various different promotions back in the day. I am aware that PWI and such wrote stories about and interviews in the voice of various figures in the industry, but did those ever actually result in things on shows? Was it just fan fiction? Was there ever collaboration?

Apter/George Napolitano/etc. were allowed to shoot photos ringside up until WWE started doing their own in-house photography.

WWE works with them on archival material now since they have a larger collection of ECW/independent wrestling photographs than WWE ever did.

WCW did a segment on-air in 1995 or so where Hogan and Co. received their PWI Awards - I think that was done to spite WWE who were limiting access at the time

I remember an angle where Lawler "won" Baby Doll for a week in a Memphis match, and Apter flew down so they could stage photographs of Lawler making her do household chores and stuff

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Apter/George Napolitano/etc. were allowed to shoot photos ringside up until WWE started doing their own in-house photography.

WWE works with them on archival material now since they have a larger collection of ECW/independent wrestling photographs than WWE ever did.

WCW did a segment on-air in 1995 or so where Hogan and Co. received their PWI Awards - I think that was done to spite WWE who were limiting access at the time

I remember an angle where Lawler "won" Baby Doll for a week in a Memphis match, and Apter flew down so they could stage photographs of Lawler making her do household chores and stuff

I've no doubt that happened, but that was probably partly because Lawler and Apter are friends.

Also, Apter's various publications were always pretty lovely to Hogan, constantly implying he was a paper champ and a lousy friend (in kayfabe, which...seems accurate, actually), or that whoever the NWA champ was at the time (usually Flair) would wreck him.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 3, 2019

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Brock DID have friends, yeah. He was close with Curt Henning before his death and still remains friendly with Curtis Axle, he was also pretty friendly with Kurt Angle. He just likes to keep to himself. Think he just prefers outdoors type people who he cant hunt with or have a couple beers with once in a while? He's fairly private.

As far as Heyman goes, it's the perfect symbiotic relationship because Brock hates talking to people and cutting promos, and Heyman loves talking to people and cutting promos, and they both really love making money.

I think Shelton Benjamin is his kid’s godparent and I have wanted a Shelton/Brock tag team since learning that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

PASS THE MASH posted:

I think Shelton Benjamin is his kid’s godparent and I have wanted a Shelton/Brock tag team since learning that.

They were a tag team in OVW, called the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. It's where Brock first did (and landed it) the SSP.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've no doubt that happened, but that was probably partly because Lawler and Apter are friends.

Also, Apter's various publications were always pretty lovely to Hogan, constantly implying he was a paper champ and a lousy friend (in kayfabe, which...seems accurate, actually), or that whoever the NWA champ was at the time (usually Flair) would wreck him.

I grew up in the south in the 80s, and it was general knowledge that Flair was the actual world's champion. :colbert:

(he's still the first person I think of when I think "world champion")

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Bigass Moth posted:

I remember a Heyman promo where he basically says:

'Brock hates everyone, he barely tolerates me'

That, along with 'Paul, say something stupid', would probably be a pretty good summation of their actual relationship.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

What are some intentionally funny moments? I randomly thought of Jericho standing on a guy's chest with one foot and flexing to make for the weakest pin attempt possible and started giggling about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1092061858486337536

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sharparoni posted:

What are some intentionally funny moments?

Years and years and years before the Michael Cole/Anonymous GM laptop stuff ran it into the ground, there was an episode of Raw during the Heel Austin era where Austin got so paranoid he refused to come to the show, but was sending regular faxes through to Paul Heyman on commentary who would grab a mic and begin reading them, but he wouldn't grasp the context of what Austin was saying till after he'd read it or forget to grab the next page or something and kept loving up his message, plus the humor of Heyman trying to deliver an Austin promo via text. I thought it was loving hilarious.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Sharparoni posted:

What are some intentionally funny moments? I randomly thought of Jericho standing on a guy's chest with one foot and flexing to make for the weakest pin attempt possible and started giggling about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ORMwh3uHo

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I thought I heard Big Dave say the other day that Paul winds up with people like Brock and Ronda because he's very good at placating difficult, easily upset people, and making them feel good about themselves. I am struggling to remember the exact wording because he sure had a hard time getting to what he was saying. Like, really trying to word it in a specific way.

But, yeah, anything I'd ever heard about the relationship between Brock and Paul is that they're good friends irl.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically, the same qualities that make Paul a scumbag as a boss, makes him a good handler.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Here's a nice little article about the workings of Pro Wrestling Illustrated and the other "Apter Mags".

https://www.popmatters.com/its-all-true-weston-magazines-and-wrestlings-creative-journalism-2495389852.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Are pro wrestlers in better shape now than they used to be? It just seems to me like in the Retro Raws and Nitro's that the crew mention how wrestlers get blown up or gassed in a couple minutes, especially in the Brawl For All.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

NikkolasKing posted:

Are pro wrestlers in better shape now than they used to be? It just seems to me like in the Retro Raws and Nitro's that the crew mention how wrestlers get blown up or gassed in a couple minutes, especially in the Brawl For All.

A large chunk of the current generation are people who grew up with wrestling and actually care about putting in good performances and also not dying before they hit 40, so they tend to use less steroids and cocaine. Unless they've somehow gotten way better at hiding it since the 90s, anyway.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling has this neato reverse culture war thing going on where the older generation looks down on the new one because the younger guys are healthy and a lot more disciplined than them and bemoan the fact that the locker rooms aren’t horror landscapes filled with drunk miserable mutants who bully each other anymore

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They were a tag team in OVW, called the Minnesota Wrecking Crew. It's where Brock first did (and landed it) the SSP.

:eng101: Minnesota Stretching Crew

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Minnesota Wrecking Crew was Ole and Arn Anderson

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sharparoni posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1FYrIZw_B0

NikkolasKing posted:

All athletes are in better shape because conditioning and nutrition have gotten better over time. An example is Bruiser Brody had to invent his own protein shakes because that stuff didn't really exist in the 80s

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Plus there's been a reduction in the focus on bodybuilder physiques, even in WWE. It's not gone away entirely, but a lot of the guys who used to gas 3 minutes in were guys who were juiced to the gills like Hogan, Warrior and Scott Steiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The PEDs are way better today too.