Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Hit the Schaumburg store. Picked up the VIP mini-modular set and the exclusive City bank set. Now I can't wait to get home... two days from now... :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BaronVanAwesome posted:

3 Leprechauns and a Flamenco dancer :suicide:

Any mini-fig with a skirt (dancer, Egyptian queen, Lady Liberty) is usually the easiest to find because they have the huge wedge shaped block instead of a set of legs.

The Leprechaun is easy to confirm because the legs in the bag don't bend and the top hat is easy to outline if you squish the plastic down a bit.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Any goons going to Brickworld Indy? I will be volunteering with IndyLUG both days.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Man groping bags is harder than I thought. I did find 2 legionaries. The spear gave it away.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Red posted:

I thought I'd share the instructions to a small classic Space Police set.

It's pretty easy to make, obviously, and the parts should be fairly easy to come by, except, of course, the one slope with "Space Police" printed on it. But that's easily subsituted.

I made a couple ships this afternoon based on this design.

That's a grappley arm on that M-Tron's left side and a lazer-thing on the right. It can angle any direction because of a hinge and those armish things.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

djfooboo posted:

Any goons going to Brickworld Indy? I will be volunteering with IndyLUG both days.

Thank you thank you thank you for this. Two weeks away and I'm off that weekend. I only live 45min away so me and my kids will definitely be there. This made my day!

Speaking of kids, my youngest turns 9 on Monday so we did presents today. Hit up the BOGO at Toys R Us and picked up the DC Heroes set of Batman at the Joker's Funhouse and that Creator Lighthouse. It was around 900 pieces for $70. The lighthouse is AMAZING. Even at full price it's worth every penny. The Funhouse is a cool little set too.

I almost picked up this when I was there. 525 bricks for $30, and there's a lot of good pieces in there, not just 100 little round 1x1 lights and miscellaneous bits.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Serious Michael posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing just because I did at one point own this castle.

A little late, but here you go, some old-school Mega Bloks castle pieces.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
This been posted yet? Some of the Super Heroes sets, a few with box art
http://www.brickset.com/search/?query=6865-6869

Gonna need that helicoptor
e: is that Deadpool flying it?!
e2: Here's the picture. Gonna recreate that scene in the Wolverine vidya game

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 26, 2012

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Hell yeah it's Deadpool! Also below that, the little blue rocket studs on Iron Man's legs and hands are so good even if his head does have Charlie Brown syndrome.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I still can't believe they made such a stupid helmet.
If they wanted a flip-up mask they should have just made a new visor to fit a standard helmet.

VVV Nah, the Hulk set looks kinda chintzy, but the Quinjet looks like a standard licensed set, and the Wolverine helicopter set looks pretty boss.

Flavor Bear fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 26, 2012

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Am I alone in thinking the Marvel sets look like poo poo? They remind me of Mega Bloks sets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those really don't look like Skrulls in the bigger sets.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What's the 5th mini-figure in the Quinjet set?

EDIT: Wait, that's a skrull?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cbouncerrun posted:

What's the 5th mini-figure in the Quinjet set?

EDIT: Wait, that's a skrull?

People are convinced the army that Loki leads are Skrulls even though Marvel is like "uh, no. Not Skrulls." Technically Fox owns the rights to use Skrulls on film.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Hell yes, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Magneto all in one set. Take THAT Minimates MVC3 figures!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rhyno posted:

People are convinced the army that Loki leads are Skrulls even though Marvel is like "uh, no. Not Skrulls." Technically Fox owns the rights to use Skrulls on film.

I assume that's part of the Fantastic Four licence, which I think may have reverted to Marvel/Marvel Studios.

Getting the Deadool set with Helicopter, Wolverine and Magneto accessories. Might get an Iron Man one, I bet Tony looks :smug: as hell under the helmet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I assume that's part of the Fantastic Four licence, which I think may have reverted to Marvel/Marvel Studios.

Nope, Fox still holds the FF rights and is planning a complete reboot of the films. It's why they couldn't have the Invaders in Captain America, Fox owns the Namor and Human Torch rights.

And yes, we all know there are two Torches, with the film rights it doesn't matter. That's why there was only the 10 second original Torch cameo in Cap.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahahah, 'Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape'. You get a 1x1 brick that lets you do anything you can think of. "Let's get away in this truck!"

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Hell yes, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Magneto all in one set. Take THAT Minimates MVC3 figures!

Wolverine jumping off a motorcycle into a helicopter, slicing through rockets to fight Deadpool is the raddest concept for a toy I've ever heard.

PapaBear
Jan 24, 2012
Wo. 12 year old Papabear would've begged for that truck.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Thanks for letting me get away with only buying one set, Lego!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nope, Fox still holds the FF rights and is planning a complete reboot of the films. It's why they couldn't have the Invaders in Captain America, Fox owns the Namor and Human Torch rights.

And yes, we all know there are two Torches, with the film rights it doesn't matter. That's why there was only the 10 second original Torch cameo in Cap.

And if the cameo had lasted longer, the characters in the movie might have noticed that the Torch and Cap are really the same dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cthulu Carl posted:

And if the cameo had lasted longer, the characters in the movie might have noticed that the Torch and Cap are really the same dude.

:psyduck:

If the cameo had been longer Fox would probably have sued.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

SynthOrange posted:

SHIBLO

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahah, 'Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape'. You get a 1x1 brick that lets you do anything you can think of. "Let's get away in this truck!"

Iron Man is crappy but I love the clear blue cylinders for the foot jets.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm not feeling these Marvel sets that much, and I'm a Marvel zombie and not a big DC guy! I kinda wish they had more comic-based sets like the Wolverine chopper attack. I'm not really digging the ones based off the Avengers movie that much...

Might have to get the Helicarrier breakout one because of the Hulk, though.

Imagine how nuts it would be if they did an actual Lego Helicarrier. Gimmie that, the Daily Bugle, the Blackbird, a Sentinel, the Fantasticar (comic based of course due to movie rights), maybe even Galactus or a fortress for Dr. Doom. Do you know how much I would flip out if they made a Lego Dr. Doom? A lot. I love Doom!

gently caress, I would even get the Spider-Mobile!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Did anyone else notice that the 'jets' on Iron Man's hands are actually trans-blue rings from the new Lord of the Rings sets?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would you still love it if Dr. Doom's helmet looked as goofy as Iron Man's?

Went to two TRUs today, and my wife actually had fun feeling up bags with me. Only snagged two Romans and one Robot between ~3.5 cases worth of figures, but I did make a couple under ten kids happy by giving them the figures they wanted.

I asked one of the stores if they had more in the back, but all they could find was more s5. I'm sure the real hardcore scalpers beat me to them days ago.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

So wait wait. You're telling me i probably only have to spend $20 to get loving lego deadpool, magneto and motherfucking wolverine and a helicopter?!?

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Need a quick recommendation goons, should I get the Millennium Falcon or should I get the Republic Frigate instead? On one hand the Millennium Falcon is cool and all that but I don't like the underside. On the other, the Republic Frigate seems interesting but a little bit lacking. My head is hurting from having to decide. Or should I just pull the wild card and get the Twilight instead?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

InfinEight posted:

Did anyone else notice that the 'jets' on Iron Man's hands are actually trans-blue rings from the new Lord of the Rings sets?

Are they? Looked like round tiles to me.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Would you still love it if Dr. Doom's helmet looked as goofy as Iron Man's?

drat. You just killed my buzz. Thanks.

For Doom, they should probably just paint the mask on to the regular minifig head, and put the standard hood over it.

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Need a quick recommendation goons, should I get the Millennium Falcon or should I get the Republic Frigate instead? On one hand the Millennium Falcon is cool and all that but I don't like the underside. On the other, the Republic Frigate seems interesting but a little bit lacking. My head is hurting from having to decide. Or should I just pull the wild card and get the Twilight instead?

I haven't gotten any of those sets yet, but one is the friggin' Millennium Falcon and the other two are from the prequels\Clone Wars. That's a really, really easy choice for me.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

I haven't gotten any of those sets yet, but one is the friggin' Millennium Falcon and the other two are from the prequels\Clone Wars. That's a really, really easy choice for me.

The only thing really holding me back is the 30 dollar higher price point for the Falcon... And yea, one of the reasons I'm iffy on the Frigate is the fact that its a clone wars/prequel set.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I haven't gotten any of those sets yet, but one is the friggin' Millennium Falcon!!!!

THIS! Plus buy the droid escape pod to add the robots back in the Falcoln for even more awesome.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Gonna need that helicoptor
e: is that Deadpool flying it?!
e2: Here's the picture. Gonna recreate that scene in the Wolverine vidya game

The newer motorcycle wheels look so nice, but drat they break so easy. The kids had a total of 5 bikes (3 police bikes, and 2 from an Indiana Jones set) and literally every wheel has broken at least one of the axle nubs off. Most have lost both, rendering them totally worthless.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gammatron 64 posted:

For Doom, they should probably just paint the mask on to the regular minifig head, and put the standard hood over it.

That's how I'd like to see it done. I supposed the tipping point would be that Dr. Doom is less about the face behind the mask than Tony Stark/Iron Man is.

I wonder how well The Thing would turn out.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Wolverine chopper already has my money.

Like a moron I broke my wrist and what arrives just in time to rub salt in the wound? The Emerald Night. All aboard the frustration train.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

djfooboo posted:

THIS! Plus buy the droid escape pod to add the robots back in the Falcoln for even more awesome.

Yeah, I really want to buy that set, but I just bought a $150 arcade stick and I just got in a car accident, so hopefully the thing isn't totaled, but I think the engine block might be hosed up so it probably is and my insurance is going to go way up so I don't think I'll be able to afford it now. =(

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Crazy Pigeon posted:

The only thing really holding me back is the 30 dollar higher price point for the Falcon... And yea, one of the reasons I'm iffy on the Frigate is the fact that its a clone wars/prequel set.

Wait and watch for sales. I got the Falcon for $115 from Toys R Us. It really is the only choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

djfooboo posted:

Looks like I'll be going. Was planning on seeing a murder mystery downtown the weekend before, but we may go that weekend instead. Hope it's not too much of the same stuff from Ft Wayne last year.