Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

goldblums eyes posted:

Why would you care if other people cared? People talk about it because if your friend and you made a decision to play a game blind from a series you love for the Internet, you'd be really bummed out if he broke your pact. Then when he got called out he got extremely dismissive about it like he did absolutely nothing wrong and like Woolie was the rear end in a top hat. Can you really not understand why that creates any sort of emotion in people that have watched the channel for a while?

Goons tend to have issues with empathy and relating to other people. Also reading faces. This is our lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TriffTshngo posted:

I hope you guys are prepared for all this hot nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3RAGJ9Hm30
Yeah this was something else alright

RED MAN. RED MAN!

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Goons tend to have issues with empathy and relating to other people. Also reading faces. This is our lore.
loving GOONS, am I right guys?

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Did they ever get that nuzlocke stream onto youtube?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are exactly two parts of Nuzlocke worth talking about: Liam's cycling road trolling, and that RE4 episode where Matt vocally bemoans having to record Nuzlocke.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Rodyle posted:

There are exactly two parts of Nuzlocke worth talking about : Liam's cycling road trolling, and that RE4 episode where Matt vocally bemoans having to record Nuzlocke.

That and the absolutely hype final hour, which was one of the finest Zaibatsu moments ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pat saved the Nuzlocke.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

It was really hard for me to watch nuzlocke because you could tell matt hated doing it. He was constantly in a bad mood and would always have awkward friendbickering spats with Liam. Makes sense he said he didn't like doing it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

It was really hard for me to watch nuzlocke because you could tell matt hated doing it. He was constantly in a bad mood and would always have awkward friendbickering spats with Liam. Makes sense he said he didn't like doing it

It's always very noticeable when Matt hates doing something and it always kills whatever he's doing too.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

Woolie got hosed by the tape-replay on that one. Sorry, Woolie.

Also Woolie related:

https://twitter.com/_JTRO/status/605906483755114497

gently caress that, the far more important tweet is here. https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/606998803007180800

MORE INK FOR THE INK GOD!

Beef Waifu posted:

Pat saved the Nuzlocke.

He very much did.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mesothelioma posted:

Did they ever get that nuzlocke stream onto youtube?

Don't think so. It's here.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Of course Liam gets furious about the quality of the tatami mat in the dojo stage in Super Fighter.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I cannot handle Indian Joe's evil.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I appreciate the backdown from "indian Joe" to the much more subtle "RED MAN".

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

goldblums eyes posted:

I honestly thought Matt was kind of funny in Nuzlocke. His obvious disinterest was usually offset enough by Woolie and Liam being legitimately into it that he didn't ever come across to me as overwhelmingly negative.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

It's always very noticeable when Matt hates doing something and it always kills whatever he's doing too.

I used to not be able to see it as much but now I can't stand to go back and watch Yakuza 4 because of it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

What? Yakuza 4 was amazing. Like wasn't the entire LP just Matt and Pat losing their poo poo over how dumb/awesome everything was?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The last third is very much Matt being tired of the game and not knowing what is happening and being a buzzkill.

e: real talk I want to play that journey to the west genesis jrpg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That entire site is a treasure. It's like a stunning monument to one dude's ego.

The "quotes" are especially hilariously pathetic.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Let me tell you something about the Nuzlocke.

There was hours and hours of cut footage of Woolie grinding. Which we basically had to watch him do, because he didn't have time to grind at home. Often this resulted in us being there for 4-5 hours, only to get maybe 2 episodes worth of footage out of it.

There was hours of mini squabbles between the three of us that we had to cut out. Just Liam giving advice, Woolie not wanting to do it, picking the best route, etc.

There was general tension because the LP started to get more negative feedback with each part that got released.

When Woolie asked about doing a Nuzlocke, the first thing that was said was Pat going, "That's not a good idea. I don't really wanna be in that." I said yes to the idea, cuz honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into, and it SOUNDED fun.

I was suffering from a stomach infection, so sometimes when you don't hear from me for a few minutes, I'm actually throwing up in the bathroom.

My dad was in and out of the hospital during most of the nuzlocke. I usually had my phone out next to me on silent, so I could see any txts about updates to his condition.

For the streamed finale, I was not there towards the end, because I was busy editing 3 episodes of the Amazing Super Friends, along with hours of footage from the Wonderful 101 episode.

So I'm sorry I was not super entertaining the entire way through, but I'm glad Pat "saved" it by showing up for the last 2 hours of the 50 or so it took to record it.

Please let me know of any other videos or LP's that I've done where I've ruined it with being a buzzkill. I'm dying to know.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 6, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I wouldn't blame you for a lack of interest in the best of circumstances, but that just sounds like a loving nightmare

thb I felt like you weren't giving your all in mailbag #14-E and you really brought down the atmosphere as Pat drowned in a pile of bladed weapons

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 6, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

TheRealestMatt posted:

So I'm sorry I was not super entertaining the entire way through, but I'm glad Pat "saved" it by showing up for the last 2 hours of the 50 or so it took to record it.

oh wow, that's pretty bad.

to be honest though I was really suspicious of the viability of turning Pokémon into an LP, since it's one of the slowest and grindiest games out there. I wouldn't say that pat "saved" the LP, it's just that the final two hous and the overall energy of fighting the final battles with a very under leveled team and actually winning it was super entertaining.

but yeah generally Pokémon is submerged in a pool of human poison that's a million times worse than DS/Bloodborne Complainers.

Quick Question, what kind of hard disks do you guys generally use? Like I was super bummed out about the loss of the Super best friends brawl you mentioned, but thankfully I've never had a hard disk 'explode', are yours separately powered? that might be the thing that caused the explosion.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 6, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

I'm sorry if I seems I'm lashing out. I've been away from here for a while now (been so busy with alot of things) and the first thing I see when I come back is a fair amount of you making GBS threads on me. I try to do my very best in every LP, and be positive, and be a source of energy. But when people bring up the nuzlocke, there was ALOT of stuff going behind the scenes that are kinda sensitive issues for me. If I could do it all over again, and better, I would, BELIEVE ME.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt, where is my Prison Break Fisticuffs

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm sorry if I seems I'm lashing out. I've been away from here for a while now (been so busy with alot of things) and the first thing I see when I come back is a fair amount of you making GBS threads on me. I try to do my very best in every LP, and be positive, and be a source of energy. But when people bring up the nuzlocke, there was ALOT of stuff going behind the scenes that are kinda sensitive issues for me. If I could do it all over again, and better, I would, BELIEVE ME.

u guys should play dawn of sorrow

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

So when can we expect nuzlocke 2

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Don't worry about it too much. This thread shits on all four of you guys at different points. Sometimes for good reasons, sometimes not, sometimes as a counterpoint to making GBS threads on someone else. I and I'm gonna assume a lot of others enjoyed the Nuzlocke so even if it wasn't the most fun series to make it wasn't a wasted effort at least.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

We believe you. I was too harsh in my choice of words, so I'll apologize for that - I don't even think the Nuzlocke was TERRIBLE (just a bit ill-advised), and I kinda had an idea about your personal issues around that time from the podcast (although I didn't know it was THAT bad, geez). Thing is, you're a pretty sincere and energetic dude, and when you're not feeling it it's kinda easy for me to pick on and something just feels...down. Stuff like those three anime fighters episodes of FNF, for instance, since you asked for a specific example. Not that you should enjoy everything or hype yourself up every time, far from that - poo poo would feel super-fake if you did it, and I don't even think you COULD do it. I guess it was more of a personal observation that came out way too broad and agressive. Sorry.

I think you mentioned it here before that you'd cut down on long LPs, and I don't remember if the Nuzlocke was one of the reasons but I could understand if it was. Plus, as the other dude mentioned, the Pokemon fanbase might be one of the few fanbases that competes with Souls fans for the title of "most anal-retentive about correct play".

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

There was hours and hours of cut footage of Woolie grinding. Which we basically had to watch him do, because he didn't have time to grind at home. Often this resulted in us being there for 4-5 hours, only to get maybe 2 episodes worth of footage out of it.

There was hours of mini squabbles between the three of us that we had to cut out. Just Liam giving advice, Woolie not wanting to do it, picking the best route, etc.

There was general tension because the LP started to get more negative feedback with each part that got released.

When Woolie asked about doing a Nuzlocke, the first thing that was said was Pat going, "That's not a good idea. I don't really wanna be in that." I said yes to the idea, cuz honestly, I didn't know what I was getting into, and it SOUNDED fun.

I was suffering from a stomach infection, so sometimes when you don't hear from me for a few minutes, I'm actually throwing up in the bathroom.

My dad was in and out of the hospital during most of the nuzlocke. I usually had my phone out next to me on silent, so I could see any txts about updates to his condition.

For the streamed finale, I was not there towards the end, because I was busy editing 3 episodes of the Amazing Super Friends, along with hours of footage from the Wonderful 101 episode.

Please let me know of any other videos or LP's that I've done where I've ruined it with being a buzzkill. I'm dying to know.

Well now that you got all that out, did your Dad come through ok? I know from personal experience that is the worst loving thing to have to deal with emotionally as a son.

P.S.: Also look at the bright side, you 'balanced' the ledger by taking Sonic Adventure and making it pretty goddamn funny.

PPS: Do more Life is Strange I don't care if it's not out yet just loving do it already what am I paying you people for?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We need a roast of Rising SuperStar Liam so he remembers his place.

Kingdom Hearts playthrough :getin:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's funny, I was going to make a post about how Matt's absence of late might be related to that thing where whenever a content creator/celebrity turns up on these forums they inevitably get driven away by people not getting that the usual faceless internet hyperbole of saying "oh X is awful and ruins Y" is maybe not the most tactful thing in the world when X is reading the thread.

TheRealestMatt posted:

I like that you wear your heart on your sleeve in videos. If you didn't you wouldn't be you, and presumably we wouldn't be watching your videos. Or something.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Ruggington posted:

So when can we expect nuzlocke 2

I won't lie, this made me laugh.

Lunatic Crossing
Jan 21, 2007
I feel like Pokemon games are just a difficult thing to LP well, since they're so slow and repetitive. Having other issues compounding that sounds awful.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
poo poo, man, I didn't know that. I'm sorry to hear all of that.

now I feel like a right tool and for good reason!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It's funny, I was going to make a post about how Matt's absence of late might be related to that thing where whenever a content creator/celebrity turns up on these forums they inevitably get driven away by people not getting that the usual faceless internet hyperbole of saying "oh X is awful and ruins Y" is maybe not the most tactful thing in the world when X is reading the thread.

Eh, people seem to have no qualms literally psychoanalyzing the ones that aren't, which in my opinion is worse. So...

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

When we poo poo on Matt no one argues, but if anyone would've questioned "I wonder why Matt wasn't hype in nuzlocke? Maybe he had things going on in his personal life" people in this thread would've gone into "HE ISN'T OUR FRIEND WHAT IS THIS THE GIANTBOMB THREAD WTF QUIT BEING CREEPY" mode lol.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

When we poo poo on Matt no one argues, but if anyone would've questioned "I wonder why Matt wasn't hype in nuzlocke? Maybe he had things going on in his personal life" people in this thread would've gone into "HE ISN'T OUR FRIEND WHAT IS THIS THE GIANTBOMB THREAD WTF QUIT BEING CREEPY" mode lol.

Well, we knew he had stuff going on in his personal life around that time thru the podcast, so your weird what if scenario doesn't really work.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I guess keeping in mind we're talking about Actual People who read this poo poo couldn't hurt

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Actually someone would have mentioned his dad being ill as it's something he that he's addressed before. But whatever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Plus, you know what? While I agree the tone was bad and I've already apologized for that, I mantain the essence of my criticism. It's also a lot fairer, even in its original form, than some other stuff that came out in this thread, IMHO, but picking a fight about a goddamn LP group is dumb and this is the last I'll say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Dias posted:

Well, we knew he had stuff going on in his personal life around that time thru the podcast, so your weird what if scenario doesn't really work.

What is weird about it? A page ago a couple people literally just said "I don't care if Pat lied to Woolie because they aren't my friends and it's creepy if you care when did this turn into the giantbomb thread". Speculating on someone's health/their father's health is a lot more creepy than "Pat lied to Woolie". and I don't agree with saying "every single one of us here knew he had poo poo going on at that point in time" because someone would've already said it. I was just trying to make a point that people get freaked out whenever you try and talk about them as people because it's "creepy", but making GBS threads on them is okay.