Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

How do you feel about Dr Dre and Kanye West?

Goddamn fantastic producers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't understand why meek would put out weak poo poo when he's proven capable of better

It just doesn't make sense as a tactic, unless he's delusional enough to think it was strong

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Dexo posted:

Goddamn fantastic producers.

Sure are. With a team of people helping them too. They're both basically DJ Khaled.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pretty much, yeah, just better

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Sure are. With a team of people helping them too. They're both basically DJ Khaled.

eh, Dre, sure. I'll give you that.

Kanye I wouldn't quite put there. I would put him right there with Drake, Only Ye's music is generally better

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Just ignore that one. I the could make the argument but I don't really care enough to

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

alansmithee posted:

He's not a better rapper, and better music is arguable but good to know you're catching feelings like your hero.

I mean Meek looks like a chump but otoh you were just stanning for some garbage aus rappers so not sure you're really someone who should trusted for having opinions on rap music.

#teamdrake up in here hoping they'll get a retweet if they stan hard enough.

~rUmOrS~ are that there's actually something else going on in the background that's not been revealed or whatever. I'm still not past thinking this was a publicity stunt that just went horribly, horribly wrong since it's just so comical. I mean I guess his name is buzzing (even though he's pretty much just a punchline).

Yeah man I was stanning pretty hard by asking if any Aussie hiphop ever gets posted here and admitting that I don't like most of it but don't mind one group that I posted a few clips of.

Oh man I've been bodied by #realhardcorerapfan #teaminternettoughguy :(

Guess I should get my tweets ready :laugh:

gohmak posted:

He explained it in the diss.

"came through with the same flow switching up the lingo,
we just want a refund, that ain't what we paid for."

Yeah because he got Drake on his album because he really appreciated his lyrical ability... not because he wanted the benefit of his massive exposure. That explains why Drake not tweeting set him off on his little tantrum too.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

In other news, Kendrick decided to drop a video to For Free? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTYgq4EoRo

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2AcxL88DoI

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

alansmithee posted:

He's not a better rapper, and better music is arguable but good to know you're catching feelings like your hero.

I mean Meek looks like a chump but otoh you were just stanning for some garbage aus rappers so not sure you're really someone who should trusted for having opinions on rap music.

#teamdrake up in here hoping they'll get a retweet if they stan hard enough.

~rUmOrS~ are that there's actually something else going on in the background that's not been revealed or whatever. I'm still not past thinking this was a publicity stunt that just went horribly, horribly wrong since it's just so comical. I mean I guess his name is buzzing (even though he's pretty much just a punchline).

On some Meek Mill level replies.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

How do you feel about Dr Dre and Kanye West?

Hurt about Kanye but Dr. Dre is a producer not an MC.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Meek Mill('s sister) responds to Drake

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhXJgAkLt4pGj26POG

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Meek Mill's sister goes harder than him.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah poo poo is just getting weird now. I love it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

I AM BRAWW posted:

Meek Mill's sister goes harder than him.

new thread title

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

monkeu posted:

Yeah man I was stanning pretty hard by asking if any Aussie hiphop ever gets posted here and admitting that I don't like most of it but don't mind one group that I posted a few clips of.

Oh man I've been bodied by #realhardcorerapfan #teaminternettoughguy :(

Guess I should get my tweets ready :laugh:

Nah cause I don't actually have a "team". You posted a bunch of weakass poo poo, then backpedaled so hard I'm surprised you didn't fall down. And all you've been doing since is acting like anyone not jumping on the Drake bandwagon is a personally insulting you. Just looks corny, is all (which is what I'd expect from someone who actually listened to rap from australia).

I AM BRAWW posted:

On some Meek Mill level replies.
True, I'm not targeting the teenage girl/corny "ironic" white dude audience, so obviously what I had to say fell flat with a lot of the people in here.

A Handed Missus posted:

In other news, Kendrick decided to drop a video to For Free? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTYgq4EoRo
This is like the last song I would've expected a video for, and I'm not sure what exactly to make of it.

Album still gets better with each listen, although he seriously should've cut down on the interludes because they're really not needed. Seems like the thing that would've been better presented in liner notes or something, but since nobody buys actual CDs anymore that's not really an option.

edit-and now Meek's sister's jumping in? Honestly this is the point where dude just needs to disappear for a minute and hope everyone forgets. It's not quite Yung Berg levels, but it has way more visibility than that ever did.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 31, 2015

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

alansmithee posted:

Nah cause I don't actually have a "team". You posted a bunch of weakass poo poo, then backpedaled so hard I'm surprised you didn't fall down. And all you've been doing since is acting like anyone not jumping on the Drake bandwagon is a personally insulting you. Just looks corny, is all (which is what I'd expect from someone who actually listened to rap from australia)..

I'd love for you to show me where I've ever backpedaled in this thread Oh One True Rap Fan. Maybe I just can't understand the rap thread like you do because I'm from Australia :laugh:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
the beef is coming from inside the thread

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Crumbletron posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alansmithee has a ghostwriter for his posts. dropping proof soon

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
monkeu clearly doesn't because his posts are bad

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Crumbletron posted:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I got some reference posts if anyone needs.

temple fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 31, 2015

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

im finna catch a ban over here

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

'when i posted those 15 youtbes of terrible australian rap it was cause i didnt like it i was just testing you guys ok' --monkue

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC-sZcVj4Eg

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

40 lbs to freedom posted:

'when i posted those 15 youtbes of terrible australian rap it was cause i didnt like it i was just testing you guys ok' --monkue

Hahah I do like the Hilltop Hoods, they make pretty fun music in my opinion. I don't like most Aussie hiphop as a rule though... and I said exactly that when I posted the three clips and asked if Aussie hiphop ever gets posted in here. Clearly me stanning for it.

I can see how your intentional misrepresentation of my posts make it funnier though. Good job boss :laugh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

With my woes

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My favorite part of beefs involving twitter is the image of a grown man looking at his phone, getting huffy and furiously typing a response up with his thumbs.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Man Meek's gotta call up somebody from Philly to assist him at this point....Beanie? Cassidy? Black Thought?

Asher Roth's from PA....Eve's got to be available rite? Gillie Da Kid still startin beefs?

Wheelchair Jimmy is putting the wheels to meek =/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

temple posted:

I got some reference posts if anyone needs.

Can you work up some reference posts for ADTRW for me. I'm getting too busy to keep up with my posting responsibilities there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm Quentin Miller

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This beef really bad timing with all things going on right now it's overshadowing stuff like Kendrick's song getting chanted at a rally. That was really cool and the kind of stuff Kendrick would be proud of.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

monkeu posted:

Hahah I do like the Hilltop Hoods, they make pretty fun music in my opinion. I don't like most Aussie hiphop as a rule though... and I said exactly that when I posted the three clips and asked if Aussie hiphop ever gets posted in here. Clearly me stanning for it.

I can see how your intentional misrepresentation of my posts make it funnier though. Good job boss :laugh:

it can't be nice being told you hip hop scene / culture is a joke but man you could try being a little cooler about it.

alansmithee posted:

True, I'm not targeting the teenage girl/corny "ironic" white dude audience, so obviously what I had to say fell flat with a lot of the people in here.

man you're a good enough poster to not have to resort to 'oh yeah? well you're (probably) white' to win a hilariously timed internet beef

RBX posted:

This beef really bad timing with all things going on right now it's overshadowing stuff like Kendrick's song getting chanted at a rally. That was really cool and the kind of stuff Kendrick would be proud of.

i disliked the album but this was really loving cool and should absolutely have been posted here prior to right now

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

"Let Kendrick Down"

Very cool but what do you mean he "would be" proud of it he's not dead

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope the game shouts out some more Chicago rappers he pretends to know on this track too.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

i disliked the album but this was really loving cool and should absolutely have been posted here prior to right now

It was

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

"Let Kendrick Down"

Very cool but what do you mean he "would be" proud of it he's not dead

Would be or is, same thing, you know what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Remember when we found out Jay Elecyronica was ghostwriting for Nas? Simpler times.