Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

Okay so like... most days, I would probably be nodding in agreement. Gachas don't need anyone's protection. Here's the thing:

Currently, weird SK gamergater-equivalents have gotten really loving pissed about Swimsuit Ish, and decided to do the usual thing wherein they review bomb everything, rant about a bunch of quasi-legitimate issues even as they're getting addressed realtime (oh but they wouldn't have been addressed if we weren't complaining, you see! funny how no matter what they were always right to do it.), and have moved on to sending protest letters to the estates of the writers of the books and trying to cause some kind of mass protest to get the main CG artist fired because 'she might be a feminist based on some poo poo she said 10 years ago, maybe,' all in what is basically a transparent attempt to inflict as much pain as possible to something that they don't like because it doesn't cater to their whims how they like. They are attempting to ruin the livelihood of someone over Botes Ish and Sinclair.

Given that context, currently, I feel like protecting Project Moon is probably okay, and maybe we should revisit the eternal gacha arguments in a week or two. But that is, ultimately, just my opinion. I might just be having an acute allergic reaction to an incredible amount of idiocy today.

Gamergate. It never changes, it's always... Gamergate...

I thought Gamergate was a bunch of pervs, wouldn't they be for Swimsuit Ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

She's not sexy enough for them somehow.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
They're fully aware now, so expect some notice later today.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683805929165422593?t=Pw5q96MMFHnGE-pGzC0xfA&s=19

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
well lets hope they don't kowtow to these whiny degenerates

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

RottenK posted:

I wish new Don was a bit stronger but maybe I'm not using her right. Not that she's bad.

Still glad I got her, she's cool and I'm glad to see happy Don.

I ran her through my MD2H this week and I was really pleased. Her total damage numbers beat out both R Ish and Grip Sinclair, but admittedly she had the dual advantage of being my Slot 1 character and also being really fast to grab all those stagger kills. The biggest thing was that she was just fire and forget good -- minimal need to toggle EGOs to win clashes, outside the floor 5 boss, and the haste/bind stacking with the MD2 bonuses let her fairly consistently hit the bonus power and big passive damage.

She's definitely less strong outside MD2, but that's generally where you want W Don anyways.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1683854709046808576

dont worry guys the dread feminist CG illustrator got sacked

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

This is not the hero of time you're looking for.
And the subreddit was locked pre-emptively, so the information can't even be shared there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gongon1050 posted:

And the subreddit was locked pre-emptively, so the information can't even be shared there.
it only has a single mod and they're at work, its not an official subreddit

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

I saw mod Apps were up, nobody had been taken on?
Yeah, that's a poo poo-show for a single mod team.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Endorph posted:

I'm deeply disappointed. I'd sort of assumed Project Moon was above folding to gamergaters but apparently I'm learning some things today!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They immediately folded every time people got upset about dumb poo poo in Library too. They do this every time.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Folding over gameplay mechanics or unpopular cutscenes /=/ firing a CG artist because SK 4chan is upset. I'd sort of assumed they'd at least be able to stick to their guns over this, but plainly my optimism can only do so much.

Guess I'm not spending any money on this game for a while, then. God willing they'll change their minds...

EDIT: This is actually kinda sad-funny considering my pedantry yesterday about how profit-minded they really are.

Probe 17 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 25, 2023

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Endorph posted:

That's loving insane, has it been confirmed or is this going off of unconfirmed comments in the Twitter thread? I'm torn between believing you and not believing they would ever do something so loving stupid.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well guess I'm dropping the game. It's been fun, but gently caress off with that horseshit project moon.

gongon1050
Oct 11, 2010

KazigluBey posted:

That's loving insane, has it been confirmed or is this going off of unconfirmed comments in the Twitter thread? I'm torn between believing you and not believing they would ever do something so loving stupid.

I used google picture translate to read them right as they went up. Can confirm, alongside at least 18 apologies per image.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

It's confirmed, in that korean post. You can google lens it yourself but basically 'we dont care what political opinions people have but do not use accounts associated with your work on our game to promote them, we credited her under her twitter name and she'd posted the dread Feminism to them five years ago so she got fired, we aren't replacing the previous illustrations in the story but we'll remove them from loading screens once we have art from a new cg artist so you never have to see her work again'

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

God dammit I hope that's not right. The CGs in this game are unique and stylish and for PM to give into these pieces of poo poo is just going to empower them to keep doing it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also they're saying they're getting a new artist in for chapter 5 onwards so that's probably going to be delayed

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
if they folded over this then the character design and story in the future is going to get shittier and more generic because they'll be afraid to do anything that might upset the adult children again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They 100% folded over this. You aren't gonna go back on the decision once you make it. There's people reacting to it in the replies and quotes. As stated, you can google lens it yourself.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Apparently a group of incels may have tried to break into their offices the other day too, if I'm reading some of this right? This whole situation is a clusterfuck.

Also, Endorph is very much telling the truth, like several translations with more or less identical phrasing can be found. They folded like superman on laundry day.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Tremendously disappointing behavior from PM leadership... :/ Thank you for the confirmation.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Imagine caving to some weird chuds. An earth-shattering L.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i edited my post because i made it before you elaborated on what PMoon said. i have no reason to mistrust you so yeah that's a very clear fold

not a good sign for the prospects of this game continuing to be interesting and unique

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for the record the dread feminism she espoused on twitter was stuff like 'men shouldnt take pregnant women's seats on trains/buses'

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Lmao literally nobody is happy with this. Just the worst possible choice to make. Hope they learn from this incredibly unforced own-goal, I guess!!!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's pretty disgusting. gently caress the SK chud brigade.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Probe 17 posted:

Apparently a group of incels may have tried to break into their offices the other day too, if I'm reading some of this right? This whole situation is a clusterfuck.

Also, Endorph is very much telling the truth, like several translations with more or less identical phrasing can be found. They folded like superman on laundry day.

Either broke in or went to the office to Karen at people. They are genuinely mad that Ish is in a wetsuit but Sinclair's in a swimsuit so feminist. And PM folded to this so it's been a fun little ride, but sadly the bloom is now off the lunacy.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Probe 17 posted:

yeah apparently shortly before the first "announcement that there will be an announcement" dcinsiders broke into the building to try and confront them in person, complete with posting pics of their door to social media with similar chuds encouraging them to just force their way in since it was the end of the day and there probably weren't enough staff present to stop them

people are not exaggerating when they talk about that breed of SK gamergaters being loving psychopaths

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Korean gacha culture is insane man. THis is what happens when you cave to people who will break into your building and threaten to murder staff over the most minor poo poo.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Well if there's one thing that stops freaks like that it's DEFINITELY ceding to their demands immediately!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Nick Buntline posted:

yeah apparently shortly before the first "announcement that there will be an announcement" dcinsiders broke into the building to try and confront them in person, complete with posting pics of their door to social media with similar chuds encouraging them to just force their way in since it was the end of the day and there probably weren't enough staff present to stop them

people are not exaggerating when they talk about that breed of SK gamergaters being loving psychopaths
That makes this even worse! You don't loving negotiate with terrorists or they'll just do it again the next time they want something!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at the same time they were probably worried theyd get literally murdered if they didnt cave

still doesnt justify it but idk man, its easy to say take a stand when you arent the guy who has to worry about getting your office set on fire. ofc that means theyll have even more demands but idk what the solution is for a tiny company like this

gacha was a mistake

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Endorph posted:

for the record the dread feminism she espoused on twitter was stuff like 'men shouldnt take pregnant women's seats on trains/buses'

south korean anti-feminists are completely psychotic, example 2839128746

they have support of the government now so things will probably just get worse and worse

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

Endorph posted:

at the same time they were probably worried theyd get literally murdered if they didnt cave

still doesnt justify it but idk man, its easy to say take a stand when you arent the guy who has to worry about getting your office set on fire. ofc that means theyll have even more demands but idk what the solution is for a tiny company like this

gacha was a mistake

It's pretty much this, yeah. A poo poo decision made in a poo poo situation. I'm still not giving them my drat money for a long while, though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm honestly less mad at PM themselves and more at all the gigantic multi million dollar gacha companies that over the years allowed this kind of attitude to be validated.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Endorph posted:

hosed up thing for her to post NGL

Goodbye Don quixote I hope you have a good one for whatever your hosed up thing is because I sure ain't gonna see it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

GilliamYaeger posted:

That makes this even worse! You don't loving negotiate with terrorists or they'll just do it again the next time they want something!

do you expect the devs to move together into a compound and have a PMC guard them? this sucks but i can't blame them too much when their actual physical wellbeing might be at stake

be angry at the horde of deranged chuds, not at the people who don't really have a way to protect themselves from them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lets hang out posted:

They immediately folded every time people got upset about dumb poo poo in Library too. They do this every time.

which only encourages this behavior even more of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the darkly funny part of all this is that the artist who got fired wasnt even the artist who put ishmael in a diving suit instead of a bikini