Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Everyday Movies 11/9/37

"I almost hate to go to bed when I think how I hate to get up in the morning."
:same:

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics
Wait, she actually likes him? I've been looking forward to the bit where she finally tells him to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Giant Ethicist posted:

Hacchin-Pamos

So basically they're Shmoo?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 17, 2002)

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

I know lots of people joke that it feels like Boyce is having a stroke, but this one goes beyond.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A civilization whose people live for a thousand years, who never invented writing, that uses whale farts for currency.

What drugs is Holbrook on and where can I get some

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

EasyEW posted:

Don Herold:

Look at that smile on the imperfect lion.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Nell Brinkley(April 11, 1908)

quote:

The Up-to-Date Girl By Nell Brinkley
The Comfy, Cozy, Home Betty

THIS is one up-to-date girl as I know her. Of course, I can count on my one hand's fingers how many I know of her, and that few are the young ones-the very young ones. But a Billy told me other things about her that I didn't know, and putting the two together -this is what I get.

She is a comfy, cozy Betty, with a little seriousness down in her wise, thinking heart. She is not a gay one- the way some folks mean "gay"-but her heart is as gay and young as any.

She is as dainty and pretty-faced as any other of the many Bettys in the world, and she loves all the things that they love; but some way all the little tricks and the curls and fluffs and dash in clothes are simpler in this Betty.

There is no poster look about her-no flare of color and bizarre line to the coats and hats she wears-though she is perfectly in fine form and style.

This Betty's head isn't all bubbly, with nothing in it but fluffs and frills and Billies and flirting with them, and just the mirth and gayety of living. She thinks wise thoughts, and the wisest and finest of them is the one of being somebody that means something in the world.

She has a one high thing she is reaching for, and she works for that thing with all the youth and strength and gayety and confidence that sing in the heart of the young. She is a home Betty, too, and so many of her can cook wondrous fine things to eat; and sew, too.

And when the night comes, all black and velvety, and the lights come out, like stars all gold and winking, this Betty-the young one that I know-doesn't pile on fluffs and glitter and hike her away to the playhouse and supper after. Most times she is all tucked up in a big chair with the cat, under the lamp, with her elbows dug into a book and her hair all frowzy over her eyes; with her mind all gone a-dreaming with the wonders of written words. Or, maybe, if she's a Betty still in school, There is no poster look about her-no flare of color and she's making circles and triangles and quadrilaterals with her "geom" propped against the lamp.

This Betty is the one of quiet, perfect style, who carries her clothes gracefully, with all the youth of other Bettys in her heart-the Betty who is so fine to know in her own home, and who has a little, sweet, serions place in her nature that is striving for a share of honor and usefulness in the world. NELL BRINKLEY.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

M

TegneHanne

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Apr. 28, 1963)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Princi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 5/19/04

Brenda Starr 3/30 - 4/1/53

Smokey Stover 8/20/61

Everyday Movies 11/10/37

"My roommate comes from Wilmington, but she doesn't know any DuPonts."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/27-29/43

Closer Than We Think! 8/20/61

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

An "Opera" is obviously a very popular pizza in Finland, and consists of ham, tuna and cheese.

I have no idea where the idea originates.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

DYNAPROPS!

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Mother Goose and Grimm

(12/31/2002)

Frank and Ernest

(8/3/1994)

Ziggy

(1/4/1972)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

nobody says "Hard Knocks" like ziggy.

I guess.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
hahah the dumbass in Valiant is gonna see why you do not gently caress around with that family.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cowslips Warren posted:

hahah the dumbass in Valiant is gonna see why you do not gently caress around with that family.

It feels like you could say this at practically any point and be 100% correct. :haw:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Slylock's deductions require some very specific assumptions about the cheater's exact plans and method, but I'll overlook it if I can get an invitation to the cheese break.

Flash Gordon

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

do you think Rudy wears a condom or Fiona is just on the pill or what. also this kind of implies that for their first time they either did it totally raw or at least not as safe as they could, which, par for the course I guess.

bend over like a prayer and throw it back like a trebuchet now clap for me clap clap clap for me now clap for me now show me how a serf works a field for his liege now

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is insanely stupid even for this comic.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

BigglesSWE posted:

Good gag. Dustin *can* be a decent vehicle for a bland sort of comedy strip, if it wasn't so beleaguered by the grumpy boomer schtick it usually carries.

Just a reminder that Dustin's dad is, thanks to the sliding timeline, a younger Gen Xer. :shepicide:

Modesty Blaise: Take Me To Your Leader

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (April 15, 1936)

Peanuts (May 23, 1977)

Oh no. OH NO. OHHHHHHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (August 3-5, 1936)

"Meet my fiancée, Karl Marx."

Seriously, so many perfect examples of "eat the rich" and you haven't even tasted one!

Thimble Theater (December 23, 1940)

Out Our Way (September 25-27, 1944)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 20, 2024

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

god I hope that's not dinklehaus.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Vox Valentine posted:

god I hope that's not dinklehaus.

You know this is being written by an absolute hack, right?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

goatface posted:

You know this is being written by an absolute hack, right?
[sadly] yes.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This is insanely stupid even for this comic.

Co-signed.

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

A scenario I've experienced dozens of times, but my takeaway is always the opposite: I look cool, it's not my fault that seemingly 90% of the playerbase has zero interest in changing from default cosmetics.

Cul de Sac

FoxTrot Classix

Non Sequitur

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
Pluggers

I swear half these panels have characters wearing forward caps, so McKee can't even keep the minimal Plugger "lore" straight.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

I swear half these panels have characters wearing forward caps, so McKee can't even keep the minimal Plugger "lore" straight.

I'm old enough to remember when pluggers were making fun of those dumb "urban" kids wearing their caps backwards.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Pancho Jueves posted:

Pluggers

What the gently caress, backwards caps used to be a thing Pluggers got irrationally mad about, what the hell is this ideological shift?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gen X is Pluggers now, sorry losers

caribiner23
Apr 12, 2024

Selachian posted:

I'm old enough to remember when pluggers were making fun of those dumb "urban" kids wearing their caps backwards.

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read this panel. It used to be derided as a "youngster" thing in this same comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Selachian posted:

That just means you're old enough to be a Plugger

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 20, 2024

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
imagine the posts you could make on that sumbitch

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
You can't call that thing a giant laptop computer. It's either a giant computer or a giant's laptop computer

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Any computer is a laptop if you're brave enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Haraiso Days

quote:

Hacchin-Pamos