Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I don't really think Koffing would ever jump from a window. He's a simple happy boy. Plus y'know, he glides in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only time I'm pathetic... Is when I'm making sweet love to someone else's wife!

Turns out Tokugawa Ieyasu is way into NTR :v

Nick Buntline posted:

i think around the time Hyouge Mono had the scene where Hideyoshi goes "now that we're out of earshot of anyone who could verify this story, I want you to know, Ieyasu, that I actually think my son is an idiot and you're the greatest and you should totally rule over Japan after me, also I'm extremely envious of your giant penis, just look at how hard it can piss, god I wish I had a giant manly penis like yours", I decided it was perhaps taking the piss (sic) with its depiction of Tokugawa.

Piss will indeed be taken - but let me say that Big T's going to get some Character Development, but not quite yet. He'll get more focus once the conflict between Hideyoshi and RIkyu resolves. Actually, I was kinda planning to take a break from Hyouge Mono after that plot beat, but seeing comments like this make me want to at least take it past Sekigahara and its fallout! There's still like 100 more chapters after that through to the Siege of Osaka, though, that might be my limit.

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 51: Humming

Can Kimura do it??

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I'm so invested in Moonbaby vs. KGB.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Blind Alley sucks, imo

I really want to like Blind Alley. The idea of "Peanuts, but something's up" is intriguing. But I don't think the idea is enough to be spread over an actual decades-long newspaper run, which it seems to be trying to simulate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ditocoaf posted:

I really want to like Blind Alley. The idea of "Peanuts, but something's up" is intriguing. But I don't think the idea is enough to be spread over an actual decades-long newspaper run, which it seems to be trying to simulate.

Maybe the whole concept is something of a dead end, or street leading nowhere, sort of thing

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Poldarn posted:

I like reading Blind Alley, but I feel like it's always on the cusp of something that never happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhpvmqrXe1w

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I've said it before but I feel like a lot of people just don't get what Blind Alley is going for. It's not ~supposed~ to be plot driven the same way Peanuts/Crabgrass/Wallace the Brave aren't. The spooky mystery stuff will probably go somewhere eventually (and has a bit recently) but that stuff is ultimately neither the focus or point.

Granted, if you don't like the author's daily musings/vibes/slice of life strips then that's probably annoying but I dig them so it really works for me :shrug:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ditocoaf posted:

Yeah I mostly like it when it's being standalone, but when a plot thing happens it's been so long that I can't remember what's actually going on

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Me & You

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SimonChris posted:

Russians on the Moon!

OK, that part I didn't see coming.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

the weed plotline and abbeycourt have been so good

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Critter followers

e: i drew the last two emojis from jumping spider originally as webs ("hang") but i also think it's funny to imagine them as two compound bug eyes.

CrocodileKingSaysNO has a new favorite as of 20:04 on May 13, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Maybe the whole concept is something of a dead end, or street leading nowhere, sort of thing

*squints*

I see what you did there.

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 80: Justice, Law, Lust

Something something tiger something you got it.

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 41: The Fish, the Mask and the Courier

Teamwork.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

a tried and true dynamic

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

lmao i didnt even notice he had three pipes at first

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

The number of pipes indicates the Chief's current stress level!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Different Country Diary

A little cold there, but also exactly what I would've said

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Eel :(

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

lotta big feelings there :smith:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Completely justified.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Flournival Dixon posted:

I know what she's doing in terms of what's happening but I can't figure out what the last panel would look like zoomed out, like her shoulder doesn't fit with her hand and the hand looks like one of those old movies where someone puts fake paws on a stick and zooms in on a dog to pretend he's playing the piano or something lol
I'm pretty sure she's in the middle of a front flip.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Lavender Jack

That didn't take long.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Emzedoh posted:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That is big news.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

The Kiritas are still the best

Souboutei Must Be Destroyed: 63 (+2)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm just reading through a comic about airships in a post-apoc world(nothing special here) when I ran into the strange chinline situation in the last panel:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Russians on the Moon!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I've got a dreadful feeling about where Moon Russians is going :<

Vile calumny. Look at this innocent face!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Magnificent and highly original clay pots, to be fair!
Why am I being fair

By popular demand posted:

I'm just reading through a comic about airships in a post-apoc world(nothing special here) when I ran into the strange chinline situation in the last panel:

Ah
This is what happens when an artist takes on a challenge just a bit beyond their skill level. Safest bet is to start over or obscure the worst of the damage with a convenient speech bubble.
On the plus side, you can be really really certain they aren't relying on tracing!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

obscure the worst of the damage with a convenient speech bubble.

there have been so many times where i'll draw something then erase, then redraw over and over and after i finally get it how i want it, it ends up being covered up by something anyway. funny and frustrating, but usually means i end up getting practice so it's no big deal.

e: OH meant to ask do you have dept of misc anywhere or is combing the thread the only option.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tree Bucket posted:

Ah
This is what happens when an artist takes on a challenge just a bit beyond their skill level. Safest bet is to start over or obscure the worst of the damage with a convenient speech bubble.
On the plus side, you can be really really certain they aren't relying on tracing!
I guess choosing between two distinct angles was just too hard.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The ole involuntary cubism, eh?

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

e: OH meant to ask do you have dept of misc anywhere or is combing the thread the only option.

https://treebucket.github.io/Department-of-Misc/index.html
Yes! Forums Helpful Person Osmosisch helped set this up, where you can find Dept of Misc, Greens Birds, a bunch of ecology comix, the random once-off comics, etc etc. I need to update it again...
On that note, I started a new Redbubble page after the last one died for some reason
https://www.redbubble.com/people/TreeBucketDraws/shop?asc=u

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Heads up, some of the one-off comics on that site are broken :<

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 51: Humming

That's right, not even the author knows what Numakawa is humming! But, through the magic of the internet, we were able to translate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUiWGBTPDtE

Into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmxyjrza5E

Check out the comments!

Credit to the translator's notes in the comments page on Mangadex.
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/one-day-outing-foreman-vol-7-ch-51-humming.1605204/

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 08:26 on May 14, 2024

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao that the author used this comic to solve a mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

lmao, that was excellent, especially the fact that the song was found and all it took was dedicating a whole chapter of an otherwise unrelated manga to it