Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I would smoke pot with Eonwe tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

whatever happened to that one badass russian FC goons used to have. Nine something

Ninetails

He went to Wicked Creek and Gorgon Empire to live the small gang dream

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Troll Bridgington posted:

I would smoke pot with Eonwe tbh

same but with Troll Bridgington instead of Eonwe

oh yea I just saw the locked thread

honestly it kind of needed to be locked

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Krogort posted:

[...] funding code (pubbies hate them) [...]

GSF, The CFC or The Imperium never funded CODE to the best of my knowledge. That was straight fiction from the frothing mouths of idiot pubbies. In fact, most of Illum, CD and anyone who matters takes a poor opinion of CODE. because, well, they had a continual habit of getting MiniLuv into trouble, getting people hit with banhammers for their antics and shooting our blues.

Out of all the stupid things the pubbies and r/eve believe, thinking the CODE. was just a Goon front was the least true and stupidest thing they ever believed. MiniLuv, a SIG with the size and activity of a moderately large corporation, played nicely with CODE., but we could hardly influence them, let alone control them. And on more than one occasion, playing with them cost MiniLuv and/or its line members significant amounts of isk, totaling 10s of billions over the last year+.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Unfunny Poster posted:

So, since the Imperium is getting it's rear end handed to it because some shady shitlords are throwing more money at the unwashed masses that the Imperium has poo poo on for the war than the Imperium shitlord leadership is willing to throw at the dwindling number of people they haven't poo poo on, they start the distraction and hatchet jobs articles hoping to choke off the money supply and saive their poo poo filled empire of shitlers and shitlords.

i need a flowchart

also my comment was just about wanting people to hand me money for nothing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hubbl3 posted:

To me it seems that PL is the second most hated entity in the game after GSF. You basically do the same thing, collect tears where you can and drop your entire super fleet on brave newbies in frigates when you have the chance :sun:

I mean, people hate Goons a lot but nobody hacked Sisi and had to cheat in a tournament just because they couldn't handle losing to them. Kadesh Priestess & HYDRA did that over PL beating them in the AT.

evilweasel posted:

is star citizen finally dead?

The thread got shut down by SA mods.

Cue r/StarCitizen & r/DerekSmart to celebrate this because Goons were ruining the game with that thread. (They actually believe this).

Cygni posted:

i need a flowchart

also my comment was just about wanting people to hand me money for nothing

lol

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

https://twitter.com/HilmarVeigar/status/720674341013295104

When Jeffraider tells you "don't go there," you've probably done something extraordinarily stupid

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

When Jeffraider tells you "don't go there," you've probably done something extraordinarily stupid

Jeffraider is a reasonable and level header person. :colbert:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Attn: Cygni

https://www.themittani.com/features/how-iwi-made-criminals-ccp-and-me#comment-2618980989

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

ullerrm posted:

:cripes:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

oh i dont read TMC except to scroll down to the comments and laugh at mad people

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

ullerrm posted:

tbf that barely registers on the idiocy scale defined by hilmar's greatest hits

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

vyst posted:

I care. I put a lot of space work in!

I will say running GSRecon is pretty thankless sometimes :3:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

LemonDrizzle posted:

tbf that barely registers on the idiocy scale defined by hilmar's greatest hits

can we get a break down of other hit singles besides 'make it more psssssssssssssssssssssshhh' and 'greed is good'?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DisgracelandUSA posted:

GSF, The CFC or The Imperium never funded CODE to the best of my knowledge. That was straight fiction from the frothing mouths of idiot pubbies. In fact, most of Illum, CD and anyone who matters takes a poor opinion of CODE. because, well, they had a continual habit of getting MiniLuv into trouble, getting people hit with banhammers for their antics and shooting our blues.

Out of all the stupid things the pubbies and r/eve believe, thinking the CODE. was just a Goon front was the least true and stupidest thing they ever believed. MiniLuv, a SIG with the size and activity of a moderately large corporation, played nicely with CODE., but we could hardly influence them, let alone control them. And on more than one occasion, playing with them cost MiniLuv and/or its line members significant amounts of isk, totaling 10s of billions over the last year+.

james315 was/is a goon (dunno if he is these days), and a number of goons "purchased shares" of his miner bumping thing, but he's more a spiritual leader of CODE than actually in control (naturally, I own more shares than mynnna)

we have a lot of ideology in common, specifically death2miners and more generally death2highsec, but we never had any control over the CODE alliance

by far the stupider thing though was the idea that we controlled RvB as a long-con

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

evilweasel posted:

james315 was/is a goon (dunno if he is these days), and a number of goons "purchased shares" of his miner bumping thing, but he's more a spiritual leader of CODE than actually in control (naturally, I own more shares than mynnna)

we have a lot of ideology in common, specifically death2miners and more generally death2highsec, but we never had any control over the CODE alliance

by far the stupider thing though was the idea that we controlled RvB as a long-con

I'm aware (that Warr Akini is James315 :kheldragar: ). I could probably do a sperg post about CODE., how it changed over the last 18 months, why its dying now, etc, etc. But :effort:

Also, yes, the we controlled RvB "long con"...

Fake edit: Sadly, I think both of you own less shares than PV Rock, who donated 180b.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I'm aware (that Warr Akini is James315 :kheldragar: ). I could probably do a sperg post about CODE., how it changed over the last 18 months, why its dying now, etc, etc. But :effort:

Fake edit: Sadly, I think both of you own less shares than PV Rock, who donated 180b.

probably, but I was one of the earliest shareholders :sun:

james315 is probably one of my favorite people in eve, I'm glad he's still writing on his blog and even of CODE alliance goes away, it's genuinely amazing how much trouble he's caused in eve with just that blog

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

DisgracelandUSA posted:

i like your sperg posts though, especially about highsec murder

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
When people say "goon" here, are they meaning GSF or SA member, or are some starting to think that GSF goon > SA goon cuz :laffo:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
what

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Daruna posted:

you are the old guard now. groups like horde, brave (actually I don't think brave have thrown their hat into this as of right now), MAYBE test though they're pretty old now too, etc. are doing to you what you did to BoB

with more help, granted, but still.

I don't think you have your historical parallels lined up properly. I don't even play this dead gay game and even I know that the fall of BoB was way different than what's going on now.

I'd carepost about it but given how engaged you seem with reading comprehension I think it'd be a big waste of my time.

Cygni posted:

oh i dont read TMC except to scroll down to the comments and laugh at mad people

The only proper way to read TMC.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

When people say "goon" here, are they meaning GSF or SA member, or are some starting to think that GSF goon > SA goon cuz :laffo:

they mean whatever is implied by the context, which is usually pretty obvious

i mean, if you can't handle words having multiple meanings english is not the language for you

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

evilweasel posted:

they mean whatever is implied by the context, which is usually pretty obvious

i mean, if you can't handle words having multiple meanings english is not the language for you

Sorry you are wrong

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Do YOU remember when this was a forums based community?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
what's a community?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Are those the people you DON'T poo poo on?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

kismeteer was being dumb in a fleet with tiberizzle and tiberizzle was, well, tiberizzle in his graceful tolerance for stupidity and patient discussion of carefully explaining a very basic task. so kismeteer, in a reasonable and not-at-all whiny child who didn't get their way manner, renamed the ccp station to "CCP-US XII - GoonWaffe Dread Cache Station" and then started iming a bunch of people about how much stuff he could steal resulting in gsol people who have been doing an incredible amount of work already with the war having to drop what they're actually doing and run around and figure out if he did steal anything while his roles were being stripped, secure everything, etc

i'm sure in his mind the fact he didn't ~actually~ steal all that stuff made it all ok but what the gently caress, who throws that sort of snit and stress out people who are already doing too much because tiberizzle was mean to him. like, if you can't deal with people being mean to you, why the gently caress did you volunteer for a tiberizzle op, the nicest tiberizzle ever is to someone is not actually calling them an idiot at that particular moment :v:

Vile Rat did the exact same thing and now his name is on the webpage. You should put Kismeteer up there too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

YouTuber posted:

Vile Rat did the exact same thing and now his name is on the webpage. You should put Kismeteer up there too.

ok crazy person

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

ok crazy person

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
wrong guy to quote but ill allow it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mpaarating posted:

Are those the people you DON'T poo poo on?

hahaha no

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

ok crazy person

When Viletat was leaked to gf.com he got very emo and started threatening to offline stations and had to be stripped of roles for the night. I forget who leaked it, FNLN or some other person who did poo poo like that.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

I'm so bad at community.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wrong guy to quote but ill allow it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8_NmCUXyiU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mpaarating posted:

But the greatest boxers of all time have. Playing football also makes you literally retarded so that you want to kill yourself. Way to encourage people to kill themselves.

Name one boxer who has been in the super bowl every year.

:colbert:

Also, the only undefeated elite boxer only remained undefeated by picking his fights and stacking the rules and manipulating USADA and the NSAC so he's probably more analogous with BOB :can:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

YouTuber posted:

When Viletat was leaked to gf.com he got very emo and started threatening to offline stations and had to be stripped of roles for the night. I forget who leaked it, FNLN or some other person who did poo poo like that.

academion, nobody stripped his roles, im literally in the ~famous~ chatlog

goattrails
Nov 27, 2009

Ride the frog, baby!
I'm sure someone will post a Free Kismeteer thread when the dust settles, but let the dust settle.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

grumpy posted:

This poo poo is gold. It was nice knowing so much of the eve player base is genuinely concerned for goons well-being under the iron rule of mittens. :rolleyes:

The author of that article is in GSF. http://evewho.com/pilot/Jessica+Danikov

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else find it silly that I have to buy 200m more in skillbooks just to be able to use my carrier after the next patch? Youd' think they could have rolled fighters into support and light fighters or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

etny arent people and even you should know that

• Locked thread