Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

You can set videos to private. Almost certainly the case here.

Ooohh that makes sense, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I am convinced that someone from Adelaide will get a season ending injury tonight, on account of us not being allowed to have nice things

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

racing identity posted:

I am convinced that someone from Adelaide will get a season ending injury tonight, on account of us not being allowed to have nice things

Hopefully it's one of the Crouch brothers to calm NT down :getin:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
This could have serious ramifications for trade talk.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-18/afl-considers-accreditation-ban-of-the-make-up-media

Anyway, is it just me or does it seem like every time a name player has been talked up as making a big move this year (Dusty, Cow Dude) they signed pretty quickly with their current club after the new bargaining agreement.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The Deadly Hume posted:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-18/afl-considers-accreditation-ban-of-the-make-up-media

Anyway, is it just me or does it seem like every time a name player has been talked up as making a big move this year (Dusty, Cow Dude) they signed pretty quickly with their current club after the new bargaining agreement.

I thought Dusty still hadn't re-signed yet? (Although still expect him to)

thepokey fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 18, 2017

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

The Deadly Hume posted:

That would be a great idea.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Brodie Grundy and Mitch McGovern have been rumoured to be closing in on, or have already signed 3 and 2 year deals, just waiting on the announcement, multiple times over the last couple of months, but so far nothing from either club.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Banning the AFL media from making things up would be fantastic. IIRC, in two out of three of our premiership years someone in the media (it was Mike Sheahan in one of them, don't remember the other) completely made up crap about Clarkson leaving for another team during Grand Final week. And they banged on about it as if it was cold hard fact. They shouldn't be allowed to do that.

edit: although, I don't expect anything to come of this at all.

realbez fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Aug 18, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

All it has to be now is a rumour trending on social media with a certain number of [astroturfed] retweets and that'll do the thing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's really hard to ban blatant untruths when all you have to say is:

"sources at club X say ...."
or even if the story is "X Player is likely to leave", and then he stays, you still aren't wrong, maybe he changed his mind.

Then there is the practice of making up something stupid. eg. "Our sources say that Buckley is conducting training sessions dressed as a clown and throwing pineapples at Pendlebury's head. This is causing a rift between them.", only to have Buckley, Pendlebury and Collingwood come out to deny such a stupid rumour. The story now isn''t the stupid thing you made up in the first place, you now have actual footy people doing things, so you can report on their denials, filling column inches for another week.

So whilst banning lies and untruths is a good idea, I dunno about how you'd do it in practise.

Also, if you want to ban lovely journalism in footy. HA Good luck with that one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

i think like anything with the AFL its not about how well it would work when used well, its about the potential for what could go wrong which is the bit that always falls over. who's to say the league wouldn't immediately move to ban accreditation of anyone who criticised executive decisions?

although if they did bring it in it would put most of the perth media out of a job

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It will be like the ban on taking a dive. One person might get hit with a little wrist slap, and then we will just go back to ignoring blatant examples.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Go Crows!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

realbez posted:

Banning the AFL media from making things up would be fantastic. IIRC, in two out of three of our premiership years someone in the media (it was Mike Sheahan in one of them, don't remember the other) completely made up crap about Clarkson leaving for another team during Grand Final week. And they banged on about it as if it was cold hard fact. They shouldn't be allowed to do that.

edit: although, I don't expect anything to come of this at all.

Much like May when Sheehan was saying Bennell will never play a game for Freo. Hearing him on SEN occasionally really makes me wonder how the gently caress he gets a gig anywhere in the media, he's a genuine idiot.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

4 brave souls tipping Swans, I admire your faith :D

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
Hoping the Crows take this one to save the Tigers from the Swans / themselves

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Franklin is such an umpire queen

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Croatian mascot for their International Cup 2nd Div grand final game today

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

ewe2 posted:

I didn't put my tips in because I know Sydney will win

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Gee Buddy gets away with a lot

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Ah, one of those Adelaide games where they decide not to show up

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

ewe2 posted:

I switched my tip to Adelaide about an hour ago for the safe bet, but if I'd left it Sydney and things keep going this way I'd go back to being on top of the tipping
So, go Adelaide I guess

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
:laffo:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Ntrabbit can you just pop down to the bench to give em a rev up cos its raining here and I'm not going out tonight. Tia

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

That non htb call on our forward flank was so loving bad, even worse than the non deliberate at the same spot

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

NTRabbit posted:

That non htb call on our forward flank was so loving bad, even worse than the non deliberate at the same spot

And that Jenkins drop in the goalsquare was just as bad

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I mean he span him a full 720 before the ball went out and the green oval office gave loving nothing

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot how much I loving hate Sydney

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

racing identity posted:

I forgot how much I loving hate Sydney

Its OK they choke in grannies

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Callum Sinclair looks like a cyborg with skin pulled over his robot face

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

racing identity posted:

Callum Sinclair looks like a cyborg with skin pulled over his robot face

Give me your clothes, boots, and cheap ones out the back

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Talia has a bloke run through him with a shoulder while taking a mark - play on

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sydney play such ugly, grindy, low skill football, I'd rather the Giants won it if we can't.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

racing identity posted:

Talia has a bloke run through him with a shoulder while taking a mark - play on

The umpiring has been uniformly poo poo for both sides

super taunt
Aug 17, 2008

fierce
roundhouse
HMFF!
Wayne Carey looks like the Grinch.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

On the upshot, if the swans win this Richmond are odds on for a home elim final at the g.

The best outcome is them playing West coast for the comedy of losing to a team that can't win at the g. Bombers would be good too.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

super taunt posted:

Wayne Carey looks like the Grinch.

He looks like the mustache twirling villain from a Jane Campion series

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NPR Journalizard posted:

The umpiring has been uniformly poo poo for both sides

Yeah, I saw a passage of about 6 holding the balls in a minute (from both sides) go uncalled

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ok that's the way to start the 3rd term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
*extremely Bruce voice* oh they’re coming hard now!

• Locked thread