Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

Idk guys Darksiders 3 has a 64 on metacritic and looks like a common ps2 game in all the right ways...thinking about it
I really liked Darksiders and thought 2 was good as well. I'm very much considering giving Darksiders 3 a shot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

beep by grandpa posted:

Idk guys Darksiders 3 has a 64 on metacritic and looks like a common ps2 game in all the right ways...thinking about it

Watched someone play it on Twitch today. Looks like a hybrid of GoW (main weapon, "rage" mode) and soulslike games. Hell, the healing animation is a pretty much a verbatim copy of popping blood vials in Bloodborne. Graphics are quite cartoony. Didn't feel like it brought anything unique to the table to be honest.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

mcbexx posted:

Watched someone play it on Twitch today. Looks like a hybrid of GoW (main weapon, "rage" mode) and soulslike games. Hell, the healing animation is a pretty much a verbatim copy of popping blood vials in Bloodborne. Graphics are quite cartoony. Didn't feel like it brought anything unique to the table to be honest.

Most of the reviews I've read from sites I've actually heard of basically say "this game can't decide what it wants to be, and is unnecessarily punishing for the flashy type of combat it wants to show."

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Darksiders wants me to spend $80 on it. If I didn’t spend that much on God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted I’m not going to spend it on what looks to be the Agents of Mayhem was of the Darksiders series (a perfectly okay - mediocre if you’re feeling uncharitable - game that I’d spend $25-$40 on.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

RareAcumen posted:

I AM FULLY ON BOARD WITH THE DRAGON ENGINE NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPEAkyoD7zs

:tviv:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The team yakuza animators are the absolute best

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i hope its prep for yakuza 0-2, getting the bro powers ready.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vikar Jerome posted:

i hope its prep for yakuza 0-2, getting the bro powers ready.

The more I think about it the more I think they'd be crazy not to do this. New engine, set it in like 1993 and have Majima/Kiryu's stories intersect more, more Kiryu and Nishikiyama broing it up, lots of period imagery/etc. like in 0 but 90s instead of 80s, it's a couple of years after the bubble burst so the the stage is set to do a story as good as 0's, besides just arcades Kiryu can have a MegaDrive in the hideout to play Golden Axe and Thunder Force 3, they can bring closure to Shibusawa and Kuze, etc.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 26, 2018

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Kibayasu posted:

Darksiders wants me to spend $80 on it. If I didn’t spend that much on God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted I’m not going to spend it on what looks to be the Agents of Mayhem was of the Darksiders series (a perfectly okay - mediocre if you’re feeling uncharitable - game that I’d spend $25-$40 on.
It's $60 with higher-priced special editions available, unless you mean non-US pricing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

How the hell did the PS2 handle the awesome power of Seaman!?

With its Emotion Engine.

RareAcumen posted:

I AM FULLY ON BOARD WITH THE DRAGON ENGINE NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPEAkyoD7zs

i am currently EXPECTING MORE IN THE FINAL GAME

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

The more I think about it the more I think they'd be crazy not to do this. New engine, set it in like 1993 and have Majima/Kiryu's stories intersect more, more Kiryu and Nishikiyama broing it up, lots of period imagery/etc. like in 0 but 90s instead of 80s, it's a couple of years after the bubble burst so the the stage is set to do a story as good as 0's, besides just arcades Kiryu can have a MegaDrive in the hideout to play Golden Axe and Thunder Force 3, they can bring closure to Shibusawa and Kuze, etc.

Oh man I really want this to happen

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

dantheman650 posted:

Skyrim combat felt basically impossible with Moves but is just perfect with DS and and full movement options.

I suppose if you try to circle strafe it’s hard but my combat consists of slowly moving backward and swinging my weapons wildly until something is dead so for me the moves work great.

(Until I get caught in a tree or corner or fall off a ledge but honestly I had the exact same problem with the DS anyway)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think Yakuza Studio has brought up the idea of a Yakuza 0-2 at one point, but they're doing Judge Eyes, Yakuza Online, and Shin Yakuza right now so I dunno where they would even fit that in.

Also I can't bear to keep seeing Majima playable in these games knowing that matters so little in the long run once you get deeper into the timeline. It's almost upsetting to me going from Yakuza 0 to like 5 and 6 where he maybe has the sum total of 5-10 minutes of screen time. He has such a hard life... I can hold faith though that maybe in Shin Yakuza he'll be around with Saejima and Daigo to whip our new Japanese Kramer into shape!

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm playing Night in the Woods and am pretty annoyed how unclear it is what happens if you agree or not when someone wants to hang out. First time it happened I answered yes, and immediately went on the quest and missed all optional dialogue I hadn't already discovered that day. So next time I said no and got all the the dialogue before continuing. But just now I told Mae's mother no, which resulted in her not talking to me again. So that bridge is burned. I don't like that at all. Just let me talk to all characters before choosing what I want to do!

On that note, are there any days you can actually hang out with more than one character?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You always have to pick between Bea and Gregg to hang out with.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There’s one side activity you can do with Gregg that won’t take up a full day, he’ll even tell you this before it happens. If you’re playing just once then Bea has the better arc imho.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

I suppose if you try to circle strafe it’s hard but my combat consists of slowly moving backward and swinging my weapons wildly until something is dead so for me the moves work great.

(Until I get caught in a tree or corner or fall off a ledge but honestly I had the exact same problem with the DS anyway)

How can you move backward with the Moves? As far as I could figure out you can only teleport to where you’re looking (forward)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

dantheman650 posted:

How can you move backward with the Moves? As far as I could figure out you can only teleport to where you’re looking (forward)

If you turn on smooth movement you move in the direction the left move is pointed, which can be sideways or backwards. I'm not sure if teleport allows you to jump backward, I turned on smooth first thing and never went back.

The catch is that the left move is also aiming whatever you're holding in your left hand, so you can't use it effectively and move at the same time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just read like 5 Darksiders reviews and it’s basically just “Dark Soulsers” now and I’m A-OK with that. The combat sounds fun and I like the setting a lot.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
E: woopsie!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't know, now while I would of course buy this and dig it if they chose this. It would feel artistically a little bit weak. They said Yakuza 6 was the last Kiryu game, and we got to have a nice bonus lookback with Kiwami 2. If Shin/Yakuza 7 is great and brings in new stuff and kicks off an intriguing new direction, might as well keep going with that.

Kiryu is one of my fav characters, really really beloved. So for me, if they really want to bring back Kiryu, well, just do it and have that be Yakuza 8 or whatever. Setting it in a safe spot where the story doesn't matter just would feel unusually bland of them to me. But again, it's nice to have such a luxurious thing to complain about, I'd still play it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

darksiders sounds like an inevitable ps+ game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

E: woopsie!

Your av is going to give me a seizure one of these days, and consequently you will miss out on valuable beanposts while I am convulsing on the floor.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Manatee Cannon posted:

darksiders sounds like an inevitable ps+ game

Maybe not even Ps+, 1 and 2 have been on Humble twice

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

p sure 2 was also a ps+ game. basically everything's been in a humble bundle at this point

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How is the Shenmue collection and the Shadow of the Colosuss remakes ?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
SotC remake is incredible.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SotC remake is, bar none, the best remake of all time.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Shenmue had some bugs but they're all patched now. Its Real Good

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Shenmue remasters are okay. They have some improvements but there's still some audio and visual glitches. They have patched it a few times so it may be betyer. If you really want to play shenmue just get the collection.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Best remake ever, that would be MGS Twin Snakes for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I always chime in on PSVR, but seriously if you get motion sickness just wait it out and don't push yourself too hard. Quit playing the second you start to feel sick and play something less intense or take a break. Eventually you should get used to it and it won't be an issue anymore. Give it some time and VR games should be as comfortable as anything else. Obviously everyone is different, but getting motion sickness doesn't mean that it's something you are just stuck with forever. Your brain needs to get used to the strange experience of VR.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't even know that Darksiders 3 was in development, and it looks like there was no value in me knowing anyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Your av is going to give me a seizure one of these days, and consequently you will miss out on valuable beanposts while I am convulsing on the floor.

My av is being accused of inducing seizures by a Yakuza player :chanpop:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

The SotC remake is incredible, especially if you can play it on Pro at 60fps.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hahaha I am sitting in the odyssey bar as Majima scoping out the place and there is a dude dancing in his underpants this magical wonderful game :D

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SLOSifl posted:

It's $60 with higher-priced special editions available, unless you mean non-US pricing.

I do mean in fake Canadian monopoly money.

Still wouldn't spend $60US though.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

haveblue posted:

If you turn on smooth movement you move in the direction the left move is pointed, which can be sideways or backwards. I'm not sure if teleport allows you to jump backward, I turned on smooth first thing and never went back.

The catch is that the left move is also aiming whatever you're holding in your left hand, so you can't use it effectively and move at the same time.

Correct. I tend to play ranged until something gets close and then go sword and board, so it’s not a big deal for me. You can still block and move backwards. I can see it would be a nightmare for a mage or a dual wield build though.

On the subject of ranged, I am surprised how effective the moves are with bows once you get used to it. I’m actually better with the moves than I ever was with the DS.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

I know I always chime in on PSVR, but seriously if you get motion sickness just wait it out and don't push yourself too hard. Quit playing the second you start to feel sick and play something less intense or take a break. Eventually you should get used to it and it won't be an issue anymore. Give it some time and VR games should be as comfortable as anything else. Obviously everyone is different, but getting motion sickness doesn't mean that it's something you are just stuck with forever. Your brain needs to get used to the strange experience of VR.

Yeah, it's an ongoing experience. I got back into VR with Tetris Effect and Deracine and I took frequent breaks to get adjusted to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

My av is being accused of inducing seizures by a Yakuza player :chanpop:

:ssh: I haven't played a Yakuza game ever. Y0 has been sitting on my shelf for 22 months