Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ok that was my highly raw post for the day, continue kidding on the square about how california is going to flop for trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

eric posted:

Trump has already destroyed numerous career politicians and the strongest that are left are scared to challenge him. How many times has the media said "well Donald finally said something that is going to end his candidacy" then he brushes it off and gets stronger. It will be no different in the general election and if you thought he destroyed Jeb! wait until you see what he does to Clinton.

So you're like boosted and operating under the delusion that Hilary is a buffoon like Jeb. If Hilary is so bad at handling attacks why hasn't she been sunk by the decades of manufactured scandals and other things brought against her?
No one on the GOP side has been active in politics as long as her, its not a simple comparison of career politicians. Jeb is a irrelevant dinosuar. He hasn't been active for cycles.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

paranoid randroid posted:

ok that was my highly raw post for the day, continue kidding on the square about how california is going to flop for trump

Do it be silly. It is a very real thing trump will carry battleground states North Carolina Iowa, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia.

That brings the EVs to 272 for republicans if they keep everything else.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 10, 2016

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

west coasters are already trickling into the south for cheap houses and job opportunities (startup coffee bars, whee) so expect the last vestiges of hipsterdom to flood the state once His Yoogness takes office

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Montasque posted:

The concern Troll heard 'round the World.

You know where you are? You're in the GOP primary thread baby, and compared Rubio, Jeb, Fiorina, and Christie, Trump's insane bullshit is saner than starting World War 3 over Syria, or some man made islands in the Pacific.

Everything in context.

I do have to admit his position on Russia is the best of the republican field. that doesnt make the rest of foreign policy any less insane. and in any other respects he is as much of a warmonger as anyone else in the race

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

west coasters are already trickling into the south for cheap houses and job opportunities (startup coffee bars, whee) so expect the last vestiges of hipsterdom to flood the state once His Yoogness takes office

hipsters arent why cali goes blue. hipsters dont vote.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Peachstapler posted:

Obama was losing in hypothetical matchups to loving John McCain most of the winter of 2007-2008. Until the media cycle began focusing on just these two candidates, the 1v1 debates, and their contrasting policy positions, only then did you see Obama maintain the edge.

Well, that may be a bad example because of another factor...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
altho if Imperator Princeps Trumpitanius Germanicus Maximus Exsuperatorus Caesar promises to do something about those soylent billboards popping up around echo park, he might have my vote

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton was enabler, 'not a victim' of adultery(RAPE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdPkWITFQk

To me the fact that Hillary didn't dump Bill Clinton says everything.

Yup let me stay with a husband who got caught in infidelity in addition to having multiple settled court cases over sexual harassment

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

I do have to admit his position on Russia is the best of the republican field. that doesnt make the rest of foreign policy any less insane. and in any other respects he is as much of a warmonger as anyone else in the race

feel that tickling in your ear canal? thats the trumpworm inching its way into your brain stem

the last thing a mcrib ever sees

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

babypolis posted:

"Least likely to cause a global nuclear winter via unnecessary brinkmanship with Russia" seems like a good thing. I'm not saying Trump's foreign policy is good (or even sensible, there basically is no policy there beyond vague platitudes), but compared to most other GOP candidates openly advocating World War 3, Trump comes of as the best smelling turd on GOP poo poo mountain.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venom Snake posted:

Alrighty let me spell it out for you: People like Bernie and Trump are currently getting a lot of attention

lol because when i think of people that have gotten media coverage on par with trump, i think of bernie

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Remember all the people who got turned away from the Trump rally in Burlington because they refuse to say they supported him?

Oh, idiots, right.

"We can yell, wave signs and interrupt but for God's sake, don't lie about your political affiliation! We must keep this disobedience civil, after all."

Bryter posted:

hahaha wait til these fuckers find out about lying, it'll blow their minds

American voters are intellectually equivalent to the peaceful aliens in Galaxy Quest. It all makes perfect sense.

Montasque posted:

Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton was enabler, 'not a victim' of adultery(RAPE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNdPkWITFQk

Like Trump is unfamiliar with the concept of swinging. Please.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

"Least likely to cause a global nuclear winter via unnecessary brinkmanship with Russia" seems like a good thing. I'm not saying Trump's foreign policy is good (or even sensible, there basically is no policy there beyond vague platitudes), but compared to most other GOP candidates openly advocating World War 3, Trump comes of as the best smelling turd on GOP poo poo mountain.

He just got lost in Putin's eyes

Internet Webguy posted:

Oh, idiots, right.

"We can yell, wave signs and interrupt but for God's sake, don't lie about your political affiliation! We must keep this disobedience civil, after all."

American voters are intellectually equivalent to the peaceful aliens in Galaxy Quest. It all makes perfect sense.

Like Trump is unfamiliar with the concept of swinging. Please.

I liked how Trump gave out 24k tickets for a event that only had 1400 seats.

Caros
May 14, 2008

etalian posted:

To me the fact that Hillary didn't dump Bill Clinton says everything.

Yup let me stay with a husband who got caught in infidelity in addition to having multiple settled court cases over sexual harassment

That she is a human being who cares about her husband even if she knows he is imperfect?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TheTatteredKing posted:

So you're like boosted and operating under the delusion that Hilary is a buffoon like Jeb. If Hilary is so bad at handling attacks why hasn't she been sunk by the decades of manufactured scandals and other things brought against her?

The Republicans in general are very, very bad at what Trump is very, very good at.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump pulling away from Cruz for real now: http://predictwise.com/politics/2016-president-republican-nomination/ (check out the raw data too)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The Republicans in general are very, very bad at what Trump is very, very good at.

For once I agree with you. Trump doing so well is more an indictment of his rivals than reflecting on his competence. The other candidates are really, really bad.
Rubio is third and he is literally not trying! Six+ people are doing worse than nothing!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think Clinton and Trump are both made of teflon in their own ways. Hillary hasn't been sunk by years of nonsense and Donald hasn't been stumped by all the stupid poo poo he's said over the last few months. But the thing with Trump is that he avoids the short-term consequences of what he's said by 1. not dwelling on it and 2. not taking it back. As soon as people report on stupid thing #1, he's already on to stupid thing #2. And if you question him on stupid thing #2, he will double down on it.

But this is a problem because, well, he's said it. And you can't pretend that it's not having a negative impact because it is, he's the most polarizing candidate in a long time. The people too busy trouting how Trump will purge us all (I won't get purged because I'm gonna be first in line for the Trump Brownshirts :smug:) are busy looking at how his very loud but very limited (I've used the words "subset of a subset" before) base are being loud + stupid, and then ignoring the protests outside and the fact he's leading in the shittiest republican field in a long time.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump pulling away from Cruz for real now: http://predictwise.com/politics/2016-president-republican-nomination/ (check out the raw data too)

I love that Jeb! is just a flat line.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

do you want to be president enough to go eat moose-on-a-stick at the juneau county fair or w/e the gently caress they do for fun up there in the american siberia

are you hardcore enough to campaign in the Alaskan winter? In the perpetual twilight of forever darkness or forever light? To freeze to death?

no? then you are not fit for office

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Thump! posted:

I love that Jeb! is just a flat line.

Unlike the other candidates, Jeb has a probability floor (that he reached a while ago) just from having the most money and endorsements.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dalaram posted:

He was already on Fallon, and it was pretty hilarious, TBH.

That was before he announced his Muslim ban

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Keep Autism Wired posted:

In what ways is he not lovely?

well he is lovely, but my aunt while conservative is pretty cool, we like the same shows and stuff, but they have alot of family problems involving my aunts hosed up daughter (my "uncle" is the third husband) and their is some giant custody battle over my cousins 2 bastards with the state. idk.

also Heer trump sorta compliment Un. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-gotta-give/story?id=36198345

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Unlike the other candidates, Jeb has a probability floor (that he reached a while ago) just from having the most money and endorsements.

At least until February. It will drop out from under him if he loses to Rubio in all the early primaries, but he probably won't hit zero until super tuesday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ahh he is playing the "nice compassionate conservative" face again. to bad everyone remebers him being a oval office.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think its unfair to call this the shittiest republican lineup in modern memory, on account of the one in 2012 was so crappy that mitt romney became the nominee

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
otoh this field is so bad people have been pining for the days of the romney death rally, so maybe you have a point

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is the best Republican field in a century and a half, because it has Trump.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ahh he is playing the "nice compassionate conservative" face again. to bad everyone remebers him being a oval office.

It's more about showing his commitment to limiting federal power and contrasting himself with Obama than being compassionate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trump is only running as a republican because he didnt have time to get all the paperwork filed to run under the Trump party

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

trump is only running as a republican because he didnt have time to get all the paperwork filed to run under the Trump party

Oh, it'll be the Trump party.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Donald Trump (T), Trumpderabad, Upper Trumpistan

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Jewel Repetition posted:

Oh, it'll be the Trump party.

One of my favorite Joementum jokes of the last few months is that, if Trump runs third party, he should start the Wages Are Too drat High Party.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Today it's the Trump party, tomorrow it's the United States of Trump :getin:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
trump will be americas turkmenbashi

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
One interesting thing about Trump that I hope catches on is how he threw out the Republican orthodoxy of sucking wall street cock and calling for slashing/eliminating social security and medicare. Those are positions that have very little popularity with the base but are absolutely adored by the donor class, and to most Republicans its pretty obvious who wins out in that case. Hopefully more Republicans will drop such profoundly unpopular policies.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

One interesting thing about Trump that I hope catches on is how he threw out the Republican orthodoxy of sucking wall street cock and calling for slashing/eliminating social security and medicare. Those are positions that have very little popularity with the base but are absolutely adored by the donor class, and to most Republicans its pretty obvious who wins out in that case. Hopefully more Republicans will drop such profoundly unpopular policies.

regardless of whether trump wins or loses, im betting the rnc is going to be taking steps to ensure that they never lose control of the plot like this again, so if anything future candidates are going to be required to produce video evidence of them cupping some wall street balls before they are even let in the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
For those that are saying this is a weak republican field...who else could be running to make it better? Susanna Martinez? Paul Ryan? GHW Bush for a 2nd non-consecutive term? I can't think of anyone else.

We had several governors from blue/purple states and senators. I can't think of any other prominent republicans who could be running but aren't. If your saying this is a weak republican field, then what you're really saying is you think the republican party is weak, which is fine. But the current ones running for president are the cream of the crop.

• Locked thread